Gym Footwear...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Clubber Lang, Jan 28, 2021.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

They look straight out the 80s, just need a pair of day-glo baggies and bum bag to complete the look

Dirty Harry and Grimnir like this.
  2. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Just out of curiosity, have you noticed your height change?
    I used to be 6'2, but now I measure at 6'1.

I've read about spinal changes from heavy squatting, but I haven't squatted heavy for a decade, altho maybe it's just age

Dirty Harry and Grimnir like this.
  3. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

My dad isnt into the gym and hes deffo shrunk! Just age a recon mate

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

As you age posture can sometimes effect your height but age related degeneration makes you shrink too. But like after childhood where you can sometimes loose half to a full shoe size once you stop growing and cartilage tightens and firms up

Dirty Harry likes this.
  5. mattyb009

mattyb009 Elite Member

A lad a work used to run in them and rated them.

That Kuba Trained By JP guy wears them and now every gym rat has a pair cus they are obviously anabolic.

Grimnir likes this.
  6. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

well i 100% wont be getting any if hes got a pair, the guys a bit of a bell end. He needs to spend more time cleaning his gym than thinking about himself, place is a shit hole. No one cleans anything down, theres no sprays or hand gels anywhere, but then again its in Rotherham.

7. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Never realised you were that tall Dan lol, always thought you were about 5'8", but like DV says, I know I was officially 5'11 3/4" when I was 23, I'm now officially 5'11" ( I made them do it properly as they were happy to take off a full inch off for me wearing shoes with a 1/2" heel, wasn't having any of that malarkey).
    Mildly interestingly, my feet have gotten bigger for sure by at least half a size.

8. spearman

spearman Elite Member

What ever old trainers I have. Used to squat in socks in the gym when moving half decent weight. These days airmax suffice

9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

@Dirty Harry strange thing is my feet have also gone up half a shoe size but don't know if I have got any shorter fcukin hope not I am only 5ft 7 and can't afford to loose any height.

Dirty Harry likes this.
  10. Dr Z

Dr Z New Member

I find Air Jordan 1’s are perfect for me. I like the look of them, and the soles are pretty thin and flat.
    Bought a pair of Adidas Powerlift in 2018 I think and have barely used them. I’m not the type to get changed at the gym, so really need whatever I am wearing out of the gym, to work in the gym. The AJ1’s work for me,

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Jordan 1s for the gym.... Sacrilege I tell ya!!! But yes I can see how they would be good but....

12. Dr Z

Dr Z New Member

To be honest I felt a bit of a Twat at first, but then pretty sure I saw Martins Licis and Thor wearing them to train, so now I am comfortable doing it. I wouldn’t wear 4’s or anything with a flight sole!