GymRatsJournal

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by GymRatGresham, Jun 10, 2014.

1. GymRatGresham

GymRatGresham Elite Member

Haven't been here in awhile.
    Been busy all the time.
    The last couple of weeks have seen a drastic improvment in the condition of my back and how I'm training.
    I'm alot more flexible and have more strength in my lower back, I can train legs consistantly with isolations.

I'm 4 weeks into my cycle I've halved the dosage from 1ml every 4 days,
    Seen somenice gains, people are telling me I've put on some size in the last couple of weeks.

Also quit smoking 4 days ago.
    Haven't been brilliant with it, had a couple each day. But it's a drastic improvement.
    Today will be my first day with none.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    Arterial Dan likes this.
  2. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Well done mate.

Just remember, no matter how fucking bad the craving gets - after 5 mins it will pass.

You might feel like tearing your hair out, deep breaths, focus on something else. It will be gone after 5.

The mrs still smokes and the smell of it makes me want to throw up, no idea how I did it myself.

Tick off each day on the calendar.

It's a process. Took me about 7 attempts. But I got better at every attempt.

Bear this in mind during the cravings:

http://www.quit.ie/en/inner/the_benefits_of_quitting

3. GymRatGresham

I'm cheating quite alot tbh, using one of the vape pens, makes it a lot easier but I still feel the need for a proper smoke.
    The plan is to drop the amount of nicotine in them until it's a pure habitual addiction.

4. Arterial Dan

I wouldn't quit the nicotine tbh. Not yet anyway.

Nicotine is actually pretty easy to give up.

Smoking isn't.

Nicotine is just a drug. Smoking is an ingrained behavioural pattern - gotta figure out your trigger points. (for me it was post-meal, or in the car etc. Obviously alcohol is a big one for most people)

Use the vape pens, NRT gum, whatever suits. I still use e-cigarrettes for appetite suppression when dieting.

You can take them or leave them tho.

Giving up smoking is a different beast. 

5. GymRatGresham

@Arterial Dan It would seem the quoting people while on tapatalk isn't working.

For me it's after a meal, before/after training and before/after work. I'm trying my best not to buy they're the ones that have been beating me. Thank you for the advice mate. Would the nicotine or anything in the cape liquids hinder growth? I'm assuming the nicotine takes up space in the blood? So less oxygen can get to my muscles? That's the main reason I'm quitting.

6. Arterial Dan

I think it's because there is a space in my name, noticed some issues with that myself.

Yea, I've heard that in the past about Oxygen deficit, and you need to supplement with Vit C.

I really never noticed it hindered size mate.

I was a fair bit bigger when I smoked than when I am now. Do the heavy training and eat, and the body will have to adapt or tear.

But it's twice as bad for your heart if you're natty and train.

And multiple times if you use PEDs.

That mightn't be a concern now, but believe me, it will later.

7. GymRatGresham

Looks like I'm definitely quitting snoking them ahah.
    Thank you mate this is much appreciated.

Arterial Dan likes this.
  8. GymRatGresham

Had a diet plan written up for me (as I'm useless) by one if the work lads. Been on it for a week.
    One never really tracked my weight weekly before. But in 5 days I dropped body fat and gained 3 pounds.
    Seems a positive step. I'm not sure if these are decent gains it not. But I'm gunna wait a month or so then up the carbs to see what happens.

9. Homercles

Homercles Moderator Staff Member

Its a good start mate, structured eating really does help get you into the habit of eating what you need to for your goals.

Hope the progress keeps coming :)

10. GymRatGresham

I've had quite a lot going on recently.
    I've been kicked out by my step-dad so I've been staying at my girls til I can get sorted. Which means I need a second job. Which is a pain as I haven't got a Copy of my CV or a computer.
    Tbh, It hasn't effected my training much. I just use the gym I went to in Lincoln.
    Nice little spit and sawdust affair.
    My birthday was also Tuesday, that did affect my training. Trained legs on my birthday then had two days off as it was the girlfriends birthday.
    My squatting has come along nicely. I've moved up so my last set is 12 of 100kg.
    I'm definitely getting growth in my chest.
    That's about it really.

Homercles likes this.
  11. GymRatGresham

Truth be told, training a taken a turn for the worst.
    Hardly been recently, diets gone to pot.
    struggling to get out of bed, struggle to eat. When I do it's just junk food.
    Not had the motivation to get to the gym.
    Not sleeping much.
    Feel like I'm stuck in a rut.

12. Homercles

Homercles Moderator Staff Member

Tried watching some training vids? They're sometimes good for renewing the thirst.

13. GymRatGresham

Yeah, ive tried that.
    Tried everything I can think of really.

14. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

i wudnt rush it tbh, one day you will feel fat and horrible and be back into gym, happens to me time to time.. just wait and dont force it.. after abit itll come back..

if it doesent then whos botherd only a gym isnt it dont have to go or anythink

GymRatGresham likes this.
  15. GymRatGresham

Finally managed to get my arse back to the gym consistently. Feeling a lot better for it. Not really achieved must apart from that.

Turns out one of the lads from work is a genius when it comes to the human body. I mean the guy has a passion for it, he helped one of the lads with squatting. 105kg to 155kg in 4 days. Just sorting the form out. I'm going to talk to him about joining the forum. But he doesn't seem like the internet kind of guy.

Realised I need to focus on my arms a lot more, that means talking some emphasis off my legs though. Not to happy about that.

Back on my diet as of Monday. I CBA with it this week. Working 11 nights solid so I'm shattered.

But feeling good about lifting again :D

Homercles likes this.