• UGM acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

UGM does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on UGM or its messaging systems.

Hair Loss

PAGAN

Elite Member
I've always had really thick hair and I actually thought I was immune to the effects of gear on my scalp. Recently however I've really thinned at the front and I'm not far off having to give in a shave it all off. 

Is there anything out there worth giving a go? It would have to be fairly affordable and not involve sides like loss of sex drive lol! 

Inb4 someone suggests a wig...

Shave it off there's loads of lotions and potions but personally never been convinced they work.

My hair thinned years ago when I came off anti ds and despite all the assurances that it would grow back it never did so I thought fuck it and now just shave it short

Had hair down to my ass but like you it started going at the front.  Read up on most things out there and as Pip said it is really varied from person to person in regards to response.  Just decided to shave it all off a few weeks back and the time saved assing around with me mullet every morning is enough to make it worthwhile.  Added to that everyone says I look younger an I also have zero complex about it now so it's all win!

Past year or so I've receded at the from and the usual side areas , not heavily but I have noticed anyway, been planning on getting the bic on it and just going for the bald guy with a beard nutter look, but I've been fighting a heavy scalp infection for past 2 years due to and large head injury at work, and don't  want to bic it and have a scalp full of what looks like acne. Been on antibs for months and seeing derms, but there moving at the usual nhs pace of once every 3monhtly review etc. if theirs is no solution by sept after my next appointment, will be giving Accutane another run

Past year or so I've receded at the from and the usual side areas , not heavily but I have noticed anyway, been planning on getting the bic on it and just going for the bald guy with a beard nutter look, but I've been fighting a heavy scalp infection for past 2 years due to and large head injury at work, and don't  want to bic it and have a scalp full of what looks like acne. Been on antibs for months and seeing derms, but there moving at the usual nhs pace of once every 3monhtly review etc. if theirs is no solution by sept after my next appointment, will be giving Accutane another run

Waste of time Anti-B's mate

I've found regaine foam has a noticeable effect.  You can get three tubes for about £50, which is supposedly 3 months worth, but I've found it lasts over double that. The packaging says to use twice a day, but I've recently dropped down to just once a day.  I noticed my face looking a bit shittier, which I think pip has mentioned he found with regaine?  Maybe something down to its affect on collegan production.  However, with only once a day application, I've found my face looks normal again.  Minoxidol (the active ingredient) is said to be active in the scalp for 20 hours anyway so once a day should be fine. Certainly better than not applying it.

i also now use finasteride, 1mg a day.   Some experience negative sides when you google it but I've found no issues so far.  I think this would be a good shout if you are using test especially.  I got a prescription for it which worked out about £15 quid a month from a properly registered online pharmacy. 

As my daily shampoo I use Alpecin.  Again, not expensive.  Probably doesn't do much it's advertised as the caffeine being beneficial for your hair, so may as well use this instead of head and shoulders or something imo.

finally, every other day or so, I wash my hair with Nizarol shampoo (ketoconazole), which is said to have anti androgen properties.  It's about £8 and will probably last a couple of months.

Minoxidil is poison IME.

Expecially anyone with sensitive skin.

Ketaconazole needs to be left on overnight. Beware that all these products contain parabens and sulphates.

None of which I now use in herbal shampoos.

Back