1. UGM acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

UGM does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on UGM or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

How Much Do You Reckon Gear Messes With Your Head?

Discussion in 'Performance Enhancing Drugs' started by Arterial Dan, Jun 29, 2016.

1. holly

holly Stong Beastie

Var, lethargic
    Test, short tempered, anxious
    Eq fine
    Tren. Is tren.

Arterial Dan likes this.
  2. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Absolutely yes. Not so much down prior to it, but not exactly enthused over life on a day to day basis.
    Spending time with my son gives me meaning other than that I just float along. That sounds quite depressing writing it out!
    Suppose it doesn't help that I've been single for almost 2 years and spend a lot of time by myself. Being in a relationship just seems like a hassle.
    Whoops kind of digressed a little there!

Arterial Dan and andyboro like this.
  3. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Yer i always feel like am floating Along but i enjoy it haha

4. andyboro

andyboro Fat

Strange that you mention that... tonight us my first night without the wife and little'n here and it sucks that he isn't. Not really fussed about her lol

5. Pip

Pip Elite Member

I think the long term effects are very much played down and they have a massive impact neurologically for long term users.
    Both anabolic and androgenic. I can speak for the lesser of the two evils and that has effected me.

Arterial Dan likes this.
  6. Slight of hand

Slight of hand The bed you sleep in....

Indeed @Pip

My wife, kids and close friends often comment how different I am from when I was in my 20's (started using gear at around 34, now 45)

I'm more serious, I find it hard to find that real, deep joy life can offer, it comes but not as often. My real meaning comes from my little fella, my girls are grown up now and living out their own lives.

Even work and other things, I'm a bit of an activist, done lots of radio and some television yet I find no sense of achievement, I'm not even searching for any. I've also landed a top job (director level) told my wife she went nuts happy (it's a fairly epic salary) but I'm just like....so fuck, she's looking at me asking "are you not even slightly happy about it, to which I'm like..."it's just a fucking job, I'm sure you'll find ways of creating more debt"

It's like a silent radiation of nonchalance, no peak but the occasional dip.

I find I have to pretend a lot, for others sake.

Deadpan, Pip, tomlet1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ronnie_Malenko

Yer can relate to that apart from epic salary part
    U bastard

8. Slight of hand

Slight of hand The bed you sleep in....

I just play the game mate, truly. In business I mean. It's frighteningly easy to work out how to get ahead. I use all the 7 Covey habits and Dale Carnegie stuff.

I can sell, because I always empathetically get to know people. I'm honest and sincere. The ones who know me in here know that. I genuinely like to know people

When principals are applied it really does work.

I was asked to present last year in Lisbon on how I made the company over 6 million over 5 years. I simply told the delegates " I asked for the business" then went onto a completely bullshit corporate piece about business cack.

Ronnie_Malenko likes this.
  9. tomlet1

tomlet1 Elite Member

Man this rings true in so many ways.

Its like, i know i should be really excited/happy/sad/whatever, but your just not? Or at the very least the emotion is dampened from what it once was.

10. Doby

Doby Elite Member

I need to blag a good job. Any tips? Reading?

11. Ronnie_Malenko

Amen

Doby likes this.
  12. Ronnie_Malenko

Got them feels exactly

tomlet1 likes this.
  13. Pip

Pip Elite Member

You sound like where I am at now....somewhat lost.

14. Ronnie_Malenko

U know what i will say.. I talk about this sorta stuff with my mates at times and most of them feel the same.. And theyve never used gear or trained etc..

They do use reccys tho, i wud blame it more on reccys myself in my personal situation but i know sum of u dont use so it obviously wnt be that.. But i think we think things are the gear but sumtimes it just what most people feel

Arterial Dan and tomlet1 like this.
  15. stewedw

stewedw Senior Member

Essentially agree with the abive statements.

At first test made me happier. Second job part time for me is a doorman. I was more relaxed on test. However these days I'm more shirt tempered, depressed at times and lethargic.

I can take it leave things, and rarely get excited much. I suppose I seem subdued unless I drink or take coke. I used to drink a lot though, house drinker and maybe 5-6 litres of strongbow per night. Ten years ago I started gear and drink less, so maybe my downtime suffers. I'm also very very anal about food. Either strict as fuck or binging so he rest of the year I will be training hard, cycling but not counting macros like a freak.

Personal stuff is amplified when on gear, but never the same. For example I used to realise that I was behaving the way I was, however now I often don't think I'm doing any wrong. If I'm happy and financially comfortable then the gear has little negative effect, but I never get that feeling of being "on" anymore and never get he sex craze that the first few years brought. I also have to run an ai or I go bipolar. I get zero aides as far as acne or anything goes, just recently tren dcik which was poor and sometimes paranoia..... Lovely eh?.

I wouldn't change what I've done but would like to get some pharma gear and take a six month run at things then cruise for a bit and trt it before winning down. The gym is my jobbie and jeeps me sane, and sadly at times the gear has the placebo effect of making me go