Itunes Through Android Or Android Equivalent Of Ipod

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Beast, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

In short I want to buy an iPod but the only Windows PC I have at the moment is my work one which is locked down. Im not sure when I will be able to get my computer in the North delivered down.

I have an android tablet though as it seems as though there are ways of installing itunes on android, although doesn't look like the official app so dubious of forking out.

Alternatively out there android music players like iPods? I'm so out of touch with technology that it would be useful to know.

Cheers

2. . Az .

. Az . Elite Member

If you're invested in Apple music there's a way of getting Google play to import from the cloud I think, not 100% sure though. I don't think that's relevant however.

Only dedicated Android equivalents I can think of are quite expensive, like Sony etc.

Some of the cheaper Android phones might be worth a look, one with micro SD expansion... In terms of software Android has plenty of options that are likely easier to navigate than itunes that can just be downloaded out the app store.

3. andyboro

andyboro Fat

Do you not have a smartphone that you could use?

4. tio

tio Something big is coming......

Could just grab a barred handset or one with damage to it, stick in a 64GB or higher SD card into it and use that as your music player

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Staff Member

Could be wrong but if it's an iPod Touch then you might not even need iTunes.

6. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

I have a phone that I can use but the problem is size and I want to use it in the gym

7. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

If it's an Ipod touch, you won't need iTunes.

I'd probably just get an iphone 5s tbh tho (I did)

Or you could just use an android phone and use Spotify/Podcast Republic.

As far as relying on android implementations of iTunes - I would steer well clear - Apple update their software to break them on purpose quite frequently -& deliberately.

8. Sprite Goblin

Sprite Goblin Senior Member

If you have a phone that you can use, have you considered a set of bluetooth headphones? You can set your massive phone down somewhere near where you are working, and enjoy all the sound in your ears without any wires. Thats what I do, and I can adjust the volume, skip tracks etc.

If you have an android phone, and it's rooted, you can install a mod which lets Spotify think your phone is a tablet. When spotify thinks your phone is a tablet, you can listen to all the songs you want for free (through the internet though, so at the gym you will either need access to their wifi, or a decent data plan and good 3/4g signal) - I'm mostly an apple man these days, but thats what I always did on my androids - I pay apple £10 a month now for their version :(

9. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Never thought about the bluetooth option. Good shout! Might look into that. Might be an easier option

Sprite Goblin likes this.
  10. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Got a set of Bluetooth headphones, possibly the best £15 ive ever spent!

Sprite Goblin likes this.