LEW (sigh) bioavailability

Discussion in 'Nutrition Advice' started by ethanUK, Aug 30, 2015.

1. ethanUK

ethanUK Guest

Starting back at full steam soon and incorparating LEW this time.

I know the "Rocky style Raw" downing the white brings up the bioavailability issue but as the LEW are slightly heated do I still need to cook them to get full benefit of can I GH15 down them with skim milk, fine oats and some whey.

If I have to microwave a quickie omelette out of them to throw on the tuna/pasta/pineapple its not a prob as I have no taste buds, I will eat anything and I won't cheat anymore.

I will be eating the same 2 meals in rotation throughtout the day very low fat and I will add a Milk-LEW-whey-fine oats shake after every pasta/tuna/pineapple meal.

This is how I "should/did" roll at my previous best a year ago at 200Ib.....back at 194Ib now and I am still only at 50%  performeance  so at best half assed.

Compared to 8weeks ago though, night and day. Getting mentally stronger as I grow.

Also no gear in me apart f rom the tiny tale end of testE taper out but that 6 weeks+ ago I'd say so a lot to b said for muscle memory and getting your cals in plus training pretty much spot on for my body.

Just hestitant pulling the trigger.

2. SteamroD

SteamroD Starting again.

no idea...

tho pull the trigger LOL!

what a saying. 

3. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Not sure if there's s question in there ?

or is it a statement of what you are doing?

4. ethanUK

ethanUK Guest

Soz Mick, now I am cohearhant I forget to be direct.

Basically when I get my LEW to get the full benefit shall I still microwave them etc or if I drink them as is am I losing some protein......if its neglibable I am not fussed, of its night and day I will microwave them.

Cheers

5. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Thx mate :)

as as little as 40 secs iirc in the microwave improves the bio avail. Sure it's around 50 percent mate

ethanUK likes this.
  6. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

The last info I read on the subject was to slightly cook them, but of course, what's slightly cooked to one person isn't the same to another, so I don't think it's too much help , personally I'd just stick then in a dry frying pan for 30 seconds Ethan.

ethanUK likes this.
  7. ethanUK

ethanUK Guest

Thanx Harry and Mick!

mick_the_brick likes this.
  8. Roy@/_

Roy@/_ Elite Member

They will be pasturised if from BP, Musclefood etc and so no need to cook.

The pasturising will take care of the bio availability issue.

Expensive protein though mate.