new deadlift PB

Lol at the eye mate, fuck, honestly mate you pissed that, can see that going up AGAIN in the very near future, good work NH.

Are you sure you aren't wearing Spanx, my Mrs wears Spanx and that looks a lot like Spanx. You say it's a DL suit but I reckon it's Spanx!

Nice pull, bud, you like a narrow stance too it would seem

Lol, aye feet kind of half way between my arms. not had any proper coaching so i am sure there is lots that could be improved upon. never tried sumo. think doing it just from youtube vids is probably just asking for injury. any form tips very much apreciated btw. i notice my arms arent fully straight at the start of the pull which is pretty dodgy on the old biceps for example.

Get a good side on or front on vid and we can see form a bit better. Little point in training sumo I would think.

As you are VERY close in your stance it does appear tomake you round your back a tad. The bent arm I would definately look to fix, bicep tear waiting to happen there I think as you use a mixed grip

thanks dude! will get front and side on vids up as soon as i can. comp is real soon though so wont be going heavy again until then, little point in posting a dynamic effort deadlift vid i would think. i am usually quite good at straightening my arms before the lift. think i was just a little fired up yesterday and didnt set myself right. 

so you would describe my stance as very narrow? i wont change it before the comp but will look to widen it after wise. thanks for the tips mate, all very much appreciated. 

I go pretty narrow too TBH, but from the angle you do seem very close.  A dynamic vid may be worth a look. It's the sub max work where you really engrain the technique you want to lift with so always worth making sure that it's all good there too.

I've got some DL vids in my journal today, they're side on so you can't really see my stance that well.... if you can be bothered scanning my YT uploads there are one or two front on by way of a comparison

Back