Nights Out - Idiots

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Slight of hand, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Scrappy

Scrappy Spit and Sawdust Quizmaster

Its a pack culture and unless you go in a similar pack you get idiots thar wanna give it. Mind you if you stay away from the bell end hot spots you will be ok

mick_the_brick likes this.
  2. beeso

beeso Senior Member

The older I'm getting, I can agree with you Dan! Drink has a hold on our society by the clinkers and even thou its changed through the years, it ain't letting go anytime soon.

Now that I've a wee family of my own, I try and keep it away from them compared to when I was growing up, every fcuker and their dog had drink in their house around kids.

Day you drink often yourself Dan?

3. Prince

Prince Elite Member

Other than the odd bar or old man pub, I save my nights out for abroad, and then I normally go for something specific and most people are there selectively (as in bought tickets weeks in advance rather than spilled out of Yates) and off their tits on XTC. I've no time to bicep boys or the female equivalent.

4. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Drinking in my mind is an an event, like scuba diving or paintballing. And I usually knock great entertainment out of it, when I do it.
    I feel absolutely zero compulsion to drink otherwise.
    Drinking without the company of mates is something I couldn't even fathom but that's been rare enough the last few years with everyone having kids and so on & I never liked drinking around my ex, she would typically go full cunt.

It just wouldn't cross my mind to have a drink as part of my 'week'.
    Computer says no.
    I'm willing to sacrifice for a good event, but otherwise, drinking is just too damn inconvenient.
    Can't drive, can't train, can't read, can't scheme.

I will be going to a house party on New Years, so I will probably drink then.
    That will be the first time drinking in Ireland for a few years I'd say. But it's because I'm expecting good company.

The next few months, I expect there will be more opportunities for drinking events than there have been for a good few years, and I'm looking forward to it.
    But if I drink 5 nights over the course of the next 6 months, I would consider that a lot tbh. (Considering I've probably drank less than 5 times in the last 3/4 years).
    And I seriously doubt I would enjoy much more than that.
    I have other shit I want to accomplish. Drink just gets in the way.

Besides, there are Achievement Enhancing Drugs & Achievement Diminishing Drugs, and - to me at least, thinking I could abuse both would be just trying to bash a rectangular shape through a triangular hole.

Kratos, Slight of hand and tomlet1 like this.
  5. tomlet1

tomlet1 Elite Member

@Aterial Dan hitting the nail on the head ITT

Arterial Dan likes this.
  6. beeso

beeso Senior Member

I hear ya about drinking on your own, something I disliked, esp in the house thou the older I get, I enjoy just a few pints on my own in my local every now and again. Just about to hit the pub now for few quiet ones to watch the footie and hopefully this is the last of drink with me until at least easter because want to get a run of training under my belt. Whether I'll stick to it or not is another matter :(

7. Slight of hand

Slight of hand The bed you sleep in....

I never drink on my own, the wife does, she drinksThursday - Sunday 3/4 bottles of wine whilst I sit having coffee, most nights she goes full bitch mode on me.

It's fucking frustrating, she actually falls out with me if I don't drink, how ridiculous. Alcohol is by far the most destructive drug in the world yet we all read post after post on FB about how wrecked our friends are getting, like it's fun fun fun - the reality is violence, infidelity, liver damage, social disorder but it's all "just a laugh" when it's drink eh?

If I put something up like "going out, not going to drink but might have 2/3 lines for the night I'd be a social pariah - the world would be in shock

Fucking hypocrites

8. EddieCakes

EddieCakes Member

its like ttotally different for me...when I was young un in the 80s I used to work a few doors in merry ole N London...fuck me i coulda been rucking every 5 mins...thses days in pubs I just get positive attention now, and trust me I go to some wacky places!!!...lol...so maybe its just the frame of your mind?...cos I am so chilled out in comparison to the mental fucka I was when I was a kid...cheers all...mines a JD&Coke...grins

9. EddieCakes

EddieCakes Member

my ex was like a functioning alchy...man it was tough...she needed a drink when she was happy...a drink when she was sad...a drink to chill out...took me years before I realised she had a prob...what amazed me most was she was such a moody cow when she'd had a drink...lol...didn't even make her happy...I didn't drink for 25yrs whilst I was with her...been with my new girl 8yrs and I have a good drink every weekend and its brill...lol...i am a sloppy soppy everyones my mate person when drinking...but i so know its a lot of probs for some peeps...be lucky