Nrg Fuel Drinks - Wtf??

Discussion in 'Nutrition Advice' started by Irish Beast, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Had my second one of these (well half way through it) and just cannot work them out. £2 a bottle at the gym. 40g of protein, no sugar and 170 cals. Seems good on paper but they are so sweet they are almost impossible to drink and I have an incredibly sweet tooth. Tried a different flavour today and got the same. No mention of sweeteners but they must be absolutely packed with them.

Anyone come across these. If they werent so sweet I would probably get them quite a lot!

http://www.nrgfuel.com/protein-quen...f63CB725Gx4FQgt6Fe1tpXrdAB7uEVyYYUxoCPIDw_wcB

2. Grimnir

Grimnir The black triangle is God

I've had a few and they are soooo tart. They pucker your lips while drinking them. Full of sweeteners of various kinds.

3. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

yeah its all cheap collagen protein. Was tempted to use some when i had terrible tendon issues. Very sweet yes, feck knows whats in them. They sell them at the gym i go to, sell the NRG range, but TBH is fecking shite! Cheap nasty stuff with it only being sold at the gym due to high profit margins and a greedy owner. It doesnt move well. Also think to myself if i owned the gym the first thing id do is ditch that crap.

4. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Yeah your spot on @Clubber Lang . Convenience is my life at the moment though sadly.

Hopefully got a short term housing let sorted in London soon which would be amazing. Sick of not being able to cook in the week. Im fat as a fool! 42 inch waist FFS!

5. The Love Machine

The Love Machine A steroid pumping, food raping machine

what ever happened to a protein shaker and a sandwich wrapped like a drugs bag?

6. danny187

danny187 Elite Member

7. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

darent ask how much housing is in London!

8. Grimnir

Grimnir The black triangle is God

The protein shaker has an nrg fuel in it, the sandwich has been thrown away and the drugs bag is filled with drugs.
    Tried to quote @The Love Machine but haven't got the hang of this new format.

The Love Machine and andyboro like this.
  9. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

The place I am going to be staying in was on the market at £750 a week! im getting it for a fraction of that for various reasons but still a lot. Considering my place in St Helends doesnt cost anywhere near that a month! Different worls mate

10. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

The place I'm going to be staying in was o. Market for £750 a week!! Nobody would take a 3 month less. Have negotiated considerably less than that. Don't know how people could afford that unless a couple both have good jobs