Political, Economic And Current Affairs Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arterial Dan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

2. Arterial Dan

My predictions (I will update this over time)

• Tories to scrap the Human Rights Bill by 2022. Russia will use that as an excuse to scrap it too
    • Lunatic fringe of the Tories to keep pushing for more extreme measures, the party will begin to split
    • UK Unemployment to pass 2.5 million by mid-2021 and close to 3 million by 2022
    • Tories will announce everyone who received Furlough has a tax liability. Tax credits to be reduced over several years. Everyone else will be targetted by an array of tax increases. Austerity Round 2 will start in one form or another
    • The period from Q3 2020 to Q3 2021 will see a new record for the number of limited companies and SMEs going bust
    • Borish Johnson will not survive to 2024
    • Scottish Independence Referendum by 2025
    • Scotland will leave and the Breakup of the UK will start in 2025
    • Scotland will drop Corporate Tax Rate and hoover up Foreign Direct Investment, Northern Enland will bear the brunt of the economic fallout as business flees over the border (including from London)
    • If Scotland goes, the probability of NI leaving will increase dramatically
    • Wales to stay on condition of EU re-entry but Welsh Parliament to demand greater autonomy from Westminster
    • Next British government will begin an inquiry into Tory mismanagement of the Crisis and the economy
    • The report will be a huge scandal, unveiling huge corruption among the Tories, with many being on the Russian payroll
    • Scotland to rejoin EU in some form before 2028
    • Discussions about England/Wales rejoining EU will become serious by 2026
    • England/Wales to rejoin EU before 2030

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Mass Monster and RAD like this.
  3. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Life to never get back to how good we had it pre covid/brexit

4. Arterial Dan

Tax increases scheduled for March

5. Arterial Dan

Record number of UK limited companies have closed

6. Arterial Dan

1.3 million people have left the UK in the last 10 months

7. spearman

spearman Elite Member

The future isn’t looking good is it. The whole world is in a mess though, but the uk is getting ruined.

Arterial Dan likes this.
  8. RAD

RAD Elite Member

UK is rapidly becoming a dictatorship and if they are thinking about scrapping the human rights bill people should be seriously fcukin worried.

All I see is people loosing their freedoms,their rights,their jobs,their homes and being told what family members they can see,plus people becoming more and more divided over this covid crap.

It's a mess and I can't see a positive outcome if I am honest.

9. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

In all honesty, I don't see why Wales are still sucking off our tits, for want of a better phrase, they have a whole coastline for import and export purposes and god knows there's enough unemployment with people just wanting to work that can be utilized, think all it needs is a strong leadership, investment and some bright business minds to start to build something.

Arterial Dan likes this.
  10. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

It wont be as bad as people say imo
    It never is in the long run

in a couple years i think we will be heading back on the up

just a hunch and maybe coz i wanna be postive haha

RAD, mick_the_brick and Dirty Harry like this.
  11. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Hope you're right Ronnie, trouble with this country is apathy, self interest and lack of unity, for all we can slag the French off for, at least they're prepared to get up off their arse's and out onto the streets and do something, the French government would get half the shit past them as ours do us (imo of course) .

RAD and Ronnie_Malenko like this.
  12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Apathy, self interest and lack of unity is very much the teens of this century so far.

A lot of what people fear come from extremes that filter thru and become common considerations for people but like Ronnie, I think things will not be as dire. Things will be different but I'm not convinced it will be in the way many are dreading

Arterial Dan and mick_the_brick like this.
  13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Nowt wrong with trying to stay positive Ronnie

Bang on Harry mate did you see that Italy opened up 50,000 restaurants because they were fcuked off with it all,also Germany were talking about opening up businesses in defiance as well.

Can you imagine if the uk govt had tried pulling this shit in the 70's/80's there would have been a revolution

Mass Monster and Dirty Harry like this.
  14. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

Scotland wont get an independence vote anytime soon, as it was once in a lifetime vote before, not once every 7/8 years lol.

And TBH, if Scotland did get the ref and did vote to leave, they'll be fecked and bankrupt within 5 years, if not sooner. They have massive debt, wouldnt be allowed to join the EU due to debt as well as Spain using a veto. Scotland cant survive without subsidies. And Wales would be even worse lol.
    NI, that would be a massive can of worms and will only bring back the days of past with bombings and shottings. Unionist will never accept being part of Ireland.

Everyone is going to get taxed to feck on everything, that much is true. I just wish the government had given the NHS money to cope with the virus as and when needed to stay open rather than borrowing 500 billion to keep the country shut, lockdowns dont work. You cant hide away from a virus.

15. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Thats why im going self employed clubs with a fantastic accountant my tax paying days are over ;)