Political, Economic And Current Affairs Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arterial Dan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Shitbags LOL Well today my Dutch mate was over here with his mates (top lad who supplies very strong weed) so I had a chat with them about what the hell is going on.They reckon Holland is in a really bad mess and people are all fcuked off with the govt plainly lying to them they said the testing station was hit because these tests are sketchy at best giving a shit load of false positives and people with no symptoms are rolling up to be tested,so you have a load of false positives then these numbers are going to the govt who then use them to justify applying stricter lockdown rules to stop the spread ,then it hits small businesses and peoples freedoms etc.Basically he said it is a cluster fcuk and people are sick of it all.

He said all govts know these tests are all well dodgy and the the judges in the Lisbon court in Portugal ruled they aren't reliable at all (which I might add I looked at and is true and it's caused a shit storm which just makes thing even more suspicious imo) Anyway he said this is only the start and did ask why the Brits haven't kicked off yet because he said we have a reputation of not taking any shit.

So will you and your mates go round and smash up the balloon shop so I can tell him we haven't gone soft LOL.

That diy shop goes out of business yet like you say B&Q can sell the same items just shows these twats have a agenda

2. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

I'll see if I can get a posse together and go in, armed with some pins or needles ;-)

Quick question to everyone, now that Covid's taken hold, will us having left the EU be a positive or negative ?

RAD likes this.
  3. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

I disagree with him there - I think the Brits take more shit than anyone, especially the English. And they take it lying down if truth were told.

I recall after the Islamic terrorist attack in Reading during the summer, following on from all the BLM chaos and people in London calling for Black Militias, with Covid lockdowns and people losing jobs and homes and just an endless fucking whirlwind of abuse... I recall asking myself how much more the ordinary person would be able to take and if Irish people could endure that level of abuse? I don't think they could.

It felt like we under siege. Would there be a violent backlash?

The vast majority of English people are decent and tolerant people in my experience, but it seems to me that they're increasingly vilified within their own country.
    It's pretty fucked up.

I've spent a lot of time trying to understand English mentality and why things are the way they are.
    And the conclusion I've come to is that most English people are simply scared to speak publicly about what is going on in their country.
    They don’t tend to as they might be labeled as some type of “-ist”, and it could easily cost them their job.
    It's not worth sticking your neck out.

I never had the sense that race or even religion were an issue in this country, the issue has always been class.
    To complicate this further, the education system in England seems to be shite.
    Most English people have a poor grasp of their own history, and in my experience, most young people wouldn’t understand you if mentioned: “The Battle of Britain” or “Dunkirk”.

The only caveat here - is that I think the shit is going to hit the fan from March/April - when people start getting hit in the pocket.
    • Unemployment predicted to hit 4 million easily within 12 months.
    • 1.3 million have emigrated
    • Tax increases and bailout cuts on the way.
    • Debt nearing 115% of GDP
    Austerity Round 2 will follow, one way or another.
    Then I think it will get ugly.

Dirty Harry and RAD like this.
  4. Arterial Dan

There's a bit of a misconception with the EU Vaccine scheme; there was actually nothing stopping us from supporting the EU scheme while continuing to pursue emergency domestic applications ourselves - that was fully valid under the existing EU framework.

That was clarified by the head of the MHRA, when Matt Hancock incorrectly claimed that Brexit delivered a vaccine faster.
    There is a rather good summary by the BBC here if you are interested:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/55163730

As someone working in the industry, I've found myself having to point out rather frequently since Hancock's announcement that Brexit cannot actually change the way in which work.
    We are forced to operate to the same standards as we did before Brexit. (It's a regulated industry)
    We are held to the same standards by the MHRA, as by the EMA and FDA. That cannot change as a result of Brexit, it's impossible - we must still comply with EMA and FDA regulations, the same as before Brexit, in order to sell into the EU or the USA. The UK has no unilateral capacity to change that.

This is why you can have full confidence in the continued efficacy and safety of UK medicines post-Brexit.

Apart from that, however, - there is a fight developing right now, so it's too early to answer your question

My rule of thumb when it comes to Brexit, is that it's our biggest mistake so far.
    But we don't know what the consequences will be yet.
    (I've yet to see a single tangible benefit).

5. Dirty Harry

Cheers Dan, I did just mean in general terms (as per your last comment), I guess I have a "safety in numbers" mindset on it, hope I'm wrong.

6. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Dan I wish I could argue back but mate your absolutely spot on ,the change from years ago is unbelievable people use to fight for their rights.But now nothing and the truth of the matter is they are loosing a hell of a lot more.

You mentioned the battle of Britain back then we fought to stop a dictator from taking over as we would have lost our freedoms,lived under martial law,had no rights and would have been encouraged or even payed to alert the authorities to anyone who wasn't complying to the draconian rules............does that sound familiar?

People are scared to speak out like you say because if you stray or question the narrative you are indeed labelled as a ist just look at what's happening on social media youtube etc at the minute anyone who questions either covid,lockdowns or the vaccines is immediately jumped on and then banned and not just normal people we are talking about renowned scientists as well......freedom of speech is gone unless you agree with govt that's not right at all and should make people question why??

You could well be right when people are hit in the pocket then they might start to sit up and take a real look at what's going on and not what the tv and social media keep pumping into them 24/7.And then things might change.

Arterial Dan likes this.
  7. Slight of hand

Slight of hand The bed you sleep in....

Fucking lolzzz

Ugm goes full leftard.

There's more chance of the EU authoritarianism collapsing than Scotland going independent under that hyper nationalist English hating cunt.

danny187 likes this.
  8. Arterial Dan

The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR), the independent forecasting unit, has estimated borrowing will hit £394bn by the end of the financial year in March.

Public Sector Net Debt was over $2 Trillion by last August.

[​IMG]

Some headlines:
    UK manufacturing ‘close to stalling’ as Brexit and Covid hit supplies
    UK fashion industry facing ‘decimation’ over Brexit trade deal

Record number of people miss UK self-assessment tax filing deadline
    Borrowing costs for risky companies push towards historic lows

China oil futures hit record levels

9. J_J

J_J Master of the King's Stable

Genuinely think Brexit will be the worst mistake that this country will know for generations.

Honestly, don’t think anyone over the age of 70 (maybe even 65) should have been given the right to vote.

On a personal level, I was entitled to no financial support during covid (self employed -not enough returns) had 6 months last year where I earned absolutely nada. When I hear about all these people being furloughed, makes you think actually how many businesses are unsustainable and furlough is just prolonging the inevitable for some.

Dirty Harry and Arterial Dan like this.
  10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Sorry to hear the struggles you have had mate

But good to see you back

11. J_J

J_J Master of the King's Stable

Thanks RAD.

I had it ok compared to some, my wife was still working and I had some money put away that I used but still half a year with no income is still abit shit.

good to see everyone about still

Dirty Harry and RAD like this.
  12. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I bet it was bloody difficult,if we had went holiday rental instead of residential I would have been sunk tbh.

So have things improved for you now?

13. Arterial Dan

And so it begins...

• corporation tax and capital gains tax to increase (this should wreck any potential economic recovery nicely)
    • Pension triple lock untouched
    • tax credits to be frozen
    So rob from the young and give to the old is the strategy.

The anger has started building already.

In other news, this guy makes me sick:

Dirty Harry likes this.
  14. Dirty Harry

I actually think he's evil, he has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, unless you count having a face you'd never tire of slapping as one.

Arterial Dan likes this.
  15. Arterial Dan

Agree on Brexit mate, awful mistake.

I think a lot of people will get angry at having to pay for the bailout when they themselves were excluded.