Political, Economic And Current Affairs Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arterial Dan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

The economic picture is more bleak than even I had predicted. The next 5 years are looking awful.

The current Tory government are now basically Proto-Fascist.
    The government printed 450 billion quid and nobody even knows how many billions have been swiped through Covid - all we know so far is that the government are lying about the true picture. How can this shit happen in the UK? Russia I can believe, but the UK? WTF?

Will be interesting to see how Labour do in May - definitely expecting a Tory backlash, but the opposition are fairly hopeless - I expect things will have to get a lot worse before they get better. It does look extremely likely that we'll be in recession soon.

I think Labour will push for electoral reform (PR-STV) at the next GE and to get SNP onboard, they'll offer them IndyRef2.
    I think there is a stronger chance than ever, that Scotland will be gone within 4 to 8 years - especially if we stay at the back of the G20 economically.
    GDP growth is running at .1% with National Debt through the roof. Sweet Jeebus.

UK Wealth Inequality is now among the worst in the world.
    The rich have gotten a whole lot richer during Covid (assets surging).
    And every fucker who actually works for a living is getting taxed into a lower socio-economic bracket.
    Property way overdue a correction - I think we are going to see the same nonsense as the States soon - rich people buying up all the assets and renting them back to the plebs for life.

New Hybrid likes this.