Rad To The Bone

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by RAD, May 29, 2019.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Not helped by the fact that the Europeans lot are trying to throw their weight around over vaccines and are now on the cusp of another wave.... there won't be summer travel this year I suspect

2. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I know mate it's all getting bloody stupid now but on the bright side it's giving me plenty of time to get these jobs sorted LOL,although I was informed today that we have 3 more statics coming over next month and we are now full... but yet again just when I thought I was nearly finished........more work comes along.All good though we have finally filled all the plots so the end is sort of insight.

Bloody gorgeous day today no clouds,blue sky and the sun was a nice temp so in-between catching rays I did a bit work on the deck.I have just bought myself a new auto feed driver as my dewalt one is getting on my fcukin nerves it keeps jamming and the selector keeps jumping out so thought fcuk it and got myself a new one instead.

Third session

Legs/chest/tris

Leg ext 25 x 8,8,8,8
    Leg curl 5 x 8,8,8,8 stop laughing I had to go really light on these

Bench 100 x 8,8,8,8
    Incline 80 x 10,10,10
    Flys 12 x 12,12,12

Cgbp 50 x 10,10,10
    Tri ext 30 x 12,12,12

Decided to try some ham curls and went really light just in case but they went great so can certainly add more next week.Put a bit more on chest work and it moved along pretty easy so that's good.Tri work was the same no probs whatsoever.

So as long as tomorrow's session goes well I can start getting some decent weight back onto things.Also my mobility is getting loads better although I am still very mindful of my back but have to say this brace is a revelation also my knee brace turned up today but my knee is feeling good........fcukin typical LOL.

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

You'll look like RoboCop once you have all your kit... And the auto feed driver as your side arm

4. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Hahaha I am about as bloody mobile as robocop my body is basically held together with splints and braces these days.

I was surprised that dewalt would make such a shitty piece of kit all my other stuff by them is top notch but this thing had me going mental today.The new one would indeed make a nice sidearm proper machine gun looking although unlike robocops I will have to reload it. LOL

spearman likes this.
  5. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

My prediction is the b man announces a delay next week in us being freed

Good to hear you are mobile ish mara

RAD likes this.
  6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I have a feeling the next month or so may stay on plan, but I'm not sure measures after that will do.... the European rates rising will bring in extra caution.

RAD and mick_the_brick like this.
  7. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Yer hes deffo gunna delay it at some point its obvious im used to lockdown now if they opend gyms wudnt reli care for much else

RAD and mick_the_brick like this.
  8. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Unfortunately mate I think your right I watched the news and couldn't believe the amount of total bullshit that was getting said new variants,new waves blah fcukin blah.I honestly think they will find a new variant that when your infected you stand straight up and extend your arms above you head before falling back down............it will be know as the Mexican wave.......FFS.

Mobile ish is bang on LOL but I am getting there

9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

It just seems like they are looking for any excuse to stop people going on holiday tbh why don't they just say your not going anywhere and be done with it.

Is there any news on when the gyms might re open? Then again you can't count on anything they say.

10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Last one for the week

Shoulders/back/bis

Ohp 40 x 8,8,8,8
    Upright rows 40 x 10,10,10
    Bent over flys 6 x 12,12,12

WG pulldowns 35 x 8,8,8,8
    CG pulldowns 35 x 10,10,10
    Straight arm pulldown 15 x 12,12,12

Cable hammers 30 x 10,10,10
    Sa cable curls 18 x 12,12,12

Got a little bit more weight on things today and everything went well I think I will stick with the exercises for back and completely ditch seated rows.Mobility is getting better and better so I reckon it's time to start getting more weight into my routine.

Leaving the cardio till next week as not mobile enough to be getting on the bike yet lol.

11. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Started something different today decided to go a bit lighter on things and up the reps and drop some sets, getting to old to be training heavy and can't risk more injuries.

Week 1

Legs/chest/tris

Leg ext 25x12,26x12,27x12
    Ham curls 10x12,11x12,12x12

Bench 80x12,90x12,100x12
    Incline 70x14,72x14,76x14
    Cable flys 18x16,18x16,18x16

Pushdowns 30x12,36x12,36x12
    Extensions 18x14,24x14,24x14

That felt a load better so will see how it pans out,still keeping leg work lighter than normal as my back is feeling better but don't want to fcuk that up.

Ditched the booze yesterday because as normal it was starting to get out of hand so thought fcuk it and will just stick with the dope plus I have a load of dbol to get through so no booze from now on.

spearman and Ronnie_Malenko like this.
  12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Can easily do as I do and increase the volume over the weeks prior to deloading. It's also much easier to add 1 rep to 15 than it is to add 1 rep to a heavy double so progression feels more consistent

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Yeah that is probably the way I will do it.The routine just felt better overall, definitely wasn't as easy as I thought it would be but I felt like I had worked for the full session and not just on a few things if that makes sense.

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Just add any one of or combination of reps, sets and weight over the weeks. Doesn't have to be a rep on every set. As as you get closer to failure in the progressive weeks the fatigue can make it tough to get more in. But I always make it my goal to do more than the last session and by increasing the closeness to failure each week should mean there is always the scope to do at least 1 more rep per exercise. If week 1 has 3 reps in reserve well if nothing else I should be doing more reps by week 4 when I have 0 reps left in the tank on each set

RAD likes this.
  15. spearman

spearman Elite Member

This journal is starting to reek of homosexuality now......

Only joking bud. You gotta do what’s right for you. Quitting the booze is no joke, but it’s good you recognise it’s creeping back up.

lighter weight & more reps should keep you niggle free. I just find it really boring.

RAD likes this.