Rad To The Bone

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by RAD, May 29, 2019.

1. RAD

RAD Elite Member

That's the daft thing it never kicks off when I am training it's always something insignificant that bloody cripples me.

It's a little better today but nowhere near fixed, but I am not shuffling about like a old bloke and them orrible electric shock type zaps have settled it just a constant dull ache through the bottom of my spine going through my hip and halfway down my leg.Still can't bend though so of course I am dropping everything on the God damn floor LOL.

You missed a bust up on a wedding day I bet you were gutted

NM1 likes this.
  2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

It was a proper east-end london ruck... the whole of her family basically lived on the same street and were a right rough bunch, the father of the bride then accused my mate of pinching his wife's arse (my mate is not that type at all, and amazingly choosey over his choice of woman so there is no way on earth this lump of lard would have caught his eye for anything untoward or otherwise)... so all hell broke loose as her old man just came out flying rather than find out the facts. My mate who was getting married IIRC divorced her within months.

3. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Fcukin hell now that's a wedding only needed Peggy Mitchell to shout "GET OUT OF MY PUB!!"

Sounds like he dodged a bullet there though family of fruit loops.

Weighed myself tonight to see how things are with not training and also cutting my diet right back whilst I am laid up. 92.9kgs it makes no sense I am loosing weight off the mid section but look fuller across the chest and shoulders.

Maybe I should give up training and diets and do fcuk all...........I seem to do a lot better LMAO.

mick_the_brick likes this.
  4. NM1

NM1 Elite Member

Hey marra, just got caught up. Looks like you've been doing a lot more sorry to hear you're banged up - and more to the point - happy to hear you're feeling better and less fucked. Even if it is still a case of feeling a bit wrecked, at least it's better ha.

If you're still having problems with your nerves and back shout up.

Weight is always just a guide isn't it I would go off how you perform, feel and look IMO Keep at it...once you get the initial momentum back you'll be off.

How you holding up today?

RAD likes this.
  5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

He definitely dodged a bullet, he's now remarried and living in California his brother did the same thing, they opened up a bar, it fell thru but he still has his own business doing motivational speeches (he loves how the yanks suck up his every heavily british accented word)... even doing bar work they were earning over $100 a night just in tips, not unheard of to get $300 a night (if you play the british accent well enough). Their standard of living now is obscene.

RAD likes this.
  6. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Cheers mate yeah it's gone from that sharp nerve pain to more of a dull ache and tightness so it's on the mend.Bought myself another back brace off medisave got it out of the physio section so should be a good one.Really need to wear something for work etc and not just for training hopefully that will stop me blowing my back out so much.

Done much better today getting a bit more mobility back and did a couple of the sciatica exercises which seemed to help.Hoping I might be able to get a light session in on Saturday chest and triceps or something but definitely not legs LOL.

Cheers

7. RAD

RAD Elite Member

California yeah I bet he really regrets divorcing the fruit loop lol,that's some serious cash I might get myself a bar job over there instead of grafting on this place.A bit bar work on a night and beach bmxing during the day....... how awesome does that sound.

Got my old skool routine sorted more sets,less exercises and working more on my weak spots (wrists,lower back) real back to basics approach, can't wait to get started if my recovery keeps going the way it is I reckon a light session on Saturday could be a go.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

It's mental, when their bar started to struggle they basically didn't take a wage, just lived off tips and then 2 or 3 nights a week either him or his Mrs worked at TGIs where they could easily earn £600 a week in tips alone. The whole time his Mrs was studying to be a nurse (not cheap) the bar was making a loss and they lived in a fvck off great 4 or 5 bed (they have 3 kids) house in Temecula CA, a jetski, a camper, a car... blows my mind. Every week they were either taking trips to the wilderness, boating on the lakes or skiing in the mountains, all of which were no more than a 2-3hr drive... plus friends who worked in Disney so got that for free.

No jelly!!!

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

If you haven't watched The Gentlemen : Guy Ritchie, w/Matthew McConaughey , Colin Farrel, Hugh Grant (who is quite good in it)... it's worth a stream

10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

It's sounds awful......the lucky twat lol.Thing is they didn't give up and kept on plugging away.... got to respect that.Do you still keep in touch ?

I do like Guy Ritchie films his Sherlock Holmes are awesome plus Matty Mac is a bloody good actor have you seen Gold with him in it ? Will have a look at that one cheers

Just watched the 2 jumanji films with Dwayne Johnson I thought they were good tbh

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Nah, not seen Gold, it was on my list. 1st Rock Jumanji is better than the 2nd.

I do still keep in touch with my mate, but in a blokey way in that we won't speak for 6 years then one of them will be over here to see their Mum and we'll hook up.... he was always prone to being a fair-weather friend (to me anyway) and I did use to find I'd usually hear from him when a lift was needed - perhaps I'm just a knob, but a generous one LOL

12. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Sounds like my mate he emails me then I don't hear from him for months,he always was a strange one lol.

Just watched Avengers Infinity I was lost off a few times but it was good got End game to watch hopefully that makes a bit more sense.

Back is still niggly so my plan to do a light session tomorrow is on hold seems to be taking a while for it to bloody heal must have done a bit more damage than I originally thought.

Weekly weigh in 92.4kgs.......so no training for 2 weeks and cut my diet back and still coming in at that weight surely that shouldn't be possible.

Just makes me feel I have been wasting my time these last few months LMAO

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Have you seen all the Avengers up to End Game then? CA, GotG, IM etc? They all link in so it can be hard to completely follow the timelines and connections.

Back is dragging on, weight is an odd one, obviously you don't lose muscle overnight but yeah, if you'd taken a few cals off you'd expect a small backwards step

14. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I have mate got a lot of the marvel DVDs although no Thor ones and like you say they all inter link so that might be why I got lost lol,just watched End game it was good but bloody hard going trying to tie everything up.

Back is feeling a bit better but it is dragging on,started a couple of rehab exercises so will see how they help,just wish the fcukin thing was fixed as desperate to get back to the gym.

I am at a loss with this weight thing it's baffling my mid section is looking better and I could swear shoulders and chest are looking a bit bigger (probably because waist is smaller) I don't really don't get it,hoping this means when I get back training and eating properly again I can get past this weight and pile the beef on........I bet I bloody don't though LOL

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I've started to hit that sweet spot now where the waist has come in and everything else looks broader.

It does do my head in with films where you really have to be on the ball to be on top of everything, they should at least pop a brief recap in at the start of each film so you are reminded of the key points that connect things together