Rad To The Bone

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by RAD, May 29, 2019.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Bench sure is looking decent.... bit of test will have that going thru the roof.

Restrictions over here will get tighter before the months ends I reckon

2. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Cheers I have found some strength from somewhere it could well be all the cake I am eating LOL.Looking forward to see what difference this blast will make.... watch the weights go down LMAO.

It's sheer madness over there dude from what I can see ,I wouldn't be surprised to see this lockdown in place for a longtime ahead.We are getting a lot of enquires from people who are very worried about what's going on over there and wanting to get the hell out of dodge.I don't know mate I think we are all in for a very strange year tbh.

3. RAD

RAD Elite Member

What a fcukin day got woke up as the pipes in the shower block burst due to the freezing temps so had to do some emergency plumbing whilst half asleep,then my mam needed help moving a chair about in her static which turned into a nightmare,then the bloody donkeys decided to break out of their field and go off on a wander so spent ages looking for them.

Just as I sat down a bloke turned up wanting to buy my old weights bench I forgot all about it so had to rake through the shed to find all the bits as I had stripped it down and couldn't remember where I put them.

So my easy day of fitting a kitchen went to the dogs so will start it tomorrow.Wrote today off and hit the shed.

Week 2 last one

Shoulders/back/biceps

Seated press 50x8,54x8,56x8,58x8
    Wg upright 40x10,44x10,48x10
    Bent over flys 12x12,12x12,12x12

SA cable row 15x8,16x8,17x8,18x8
    Cg pulldowns 40x10,42x10,44x10
    Straight arm pulldown 21x12,21x12,21x12

Hammer curls 36x10,42x10,48x10
    Sa cable curls 18x12,24x12,24x12

Hanging ab work 3x20

Was a welcome break to train today, everything went great weights on the up and hit all the reps with no problems.Going to start back on my cardio tomorrow but not going hell for leather on it.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

You've got donkeys...? Sounds like your day was doomed from the start. Can only get better tomorrow

5. RAD

RAD Elite Member

It's the Mrs she has 2 and supposedly one of them is pregnant (she bought it just before Christmas) so we might be getting a baby donkey.

Mate it was a shit day but today has been much better finally got a start on the kitchen got all the worktops cut and got the sink in which is always the worrying part as if you fcuk up it's a new worktop and cash down the drain.But so far it's going ok.

Cardio session today level 3,distance 16.5kms,30 mins,cals 412.

Left leg felt a bit achey but plodded on by the end both legs were aching so it just took a bit time for the right to catch up with the left LOL.

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I keep getting tempted to replace our kitchen work top as the crappy council stuff is mank. But the work, the cutting, the resealing... and the fact that's the old stuff we have is about half an inch thinner than anything you can buy would likely mean some tiling work too and I think "nah, fvck it"

7. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Don't blame you tbh this kitchen is quickly turning into a bloody nightmare absolutely nothing is straight or level so most of the time is spent getting it all sorted before I can start putting the kitchen in.

Had a good awful night last night my left leg was aching like fcuk all night probably pushing on with the bike wasn't a great idea so missed tonight's cardio and will give legs a miss tomorrow....... fcuking useless cunt LMAO.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Legs shouldn't ache all night like that just from some bike work. That doesn't sound too good. Just muscular?

RAD likes this.
  9. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Moderator

Gan canny mara

RAD likes this.
  10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I have a feeling I have strained my hamstring as the ache is right in the middle at the back of my thigh and travels down to just behind my knee my lower leg has no ache at all.See what fcukin happens when I start back at work.

I am going to Mick mate decided to drop leg work and cardio for the next couple of weeks I can't risk being laid up as I have a lot of graft on and let's face it I am irreplaceable LMAO.

11. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Week 3 first one

Legs/chest/tris

Bench press 120x8,130x8,134x8,136x8
    Incline 94x10,96x10,98x10
    Cable flys 24x12,24x12,24x12

Tri pushdowns 54x10,54x10,54x10
    Overhead ext 24x12,30x12,36x12

Hanging leg raises 3x20

Dropped legs just to be sure, benching is still on the up by the time I hit flys my chest was pretty much done.Changed to ext on tris and still finding a decent working weight so that should go up all in all no complaints apart from no leg work.

Kitchen is going well apart from no one mentioned that the new cooker and extractor will need a double plug socket installing so got to chase the wall and wire in a new one just as well I hadn't installed them yet FFS.

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Single handedly keeping the Portuguese economy going...

Dropping leg work can only mean more chest gains

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

That's me I am the best assest that Portugal has got.......how worrying is that LMAO.

Yeah I am rapidly becoming a top half trainer only.

Talking of leg work that leg press I was after is sold out but I have bought myself one of these

https://www.gymcompany.pt/titanium-strength-evolution-dual-leg-curl-and-leg-extension.html

It's a lot better than what I am using at the minute just got to wait till March before they deliver it plus once it arrives I can sell my other bench and get a bit cash back which I will put towards the press once they get it back in.

14. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

decent benching there mate! Whats your pb on bench of all time?

RAD likes this.
  15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

That combo set up looks pretty respectable

RAD likes this.