Severe Flatulence / Erratic Bowel Movement

Discussion in 'Nutrition Advice' started by Irish Beast, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Isnt cider vinagar decent aswell? Seems to help me

2. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Interesting input here guys. Have just to plain down the diet since starting this thread. Seemed to be be calming a bit then yesterday as bad as ever. Dropped the whey down to 1 a day. .

Thanks for those thought RMk.

I have never suffered like this before on or off gear. Tis very strange. If it persists I might have to go to the doc. I use Lansoprasole for acid reflux in my gut but it tends to keep everything calm. Getting through bog roll at a frightening rate and getting up in the night 3 or 4 times is a head wrecker. Guess if I cant get it to settle I may go and see docs. I would have thought the dietary chnage for the better may have upset things for a while but getting on 2 weeks now is a long time to have such problems. Scared to go out some times!

3. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Yer tren absolutely fucks the gut assuming uve used a fair bit over the years? Inflames it heavily..

4. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Not just as bad today but don't think I'm out of the woods as I went for w craos earlier. One was mostly liquid and the second although much smaller was slightly more solid. Have stuff to do today so popped an immodium. Not risking it in the gym!

5. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

if its that bad why not see a doctor?

6. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

I'll be dead by the time I get a docs appointment. I'll take my chances!

7. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Touch wood but this finally seemed to ease yesterday whether it be temporarily or not. I literally trained, then cam home and spent a day going back and forth to the toilet. Not joking when I say about 15 times. Stomach was actually looking flatter last night. Hope to god that's the end of it as 3 weeks is a long time. If I get another flare up or it doesnt cease then it will have to be the doctors. I can believe it went about 10 hours without going! Maybe there was literally nothing left to come out. Stocking up on electrolytes etc and eating when I can (reduced appetite - also making me think its a bug)

8. NM1

NM1 Elite Member

Glad you're feeling better mate.

Slow and steady with reintroduction. If it is bacterial in nature then it's a good idea to limit carbohydrates and re-populate your gut.

Simple sugars are a total no-go.

If you have L glutamine to hand that's useful AM on waking to heal any intestinal permeability.

Perfect time now you're at zero to track what you're putting into your body and how it reacts - although it's not always that linear with this type of thing.

Slow cooker is a great way to make the foods easier to digest. If you don't mind fermented veggies like kimchi, sauerkraut etc. add them to your diet. Will aid in digestion of meat among other things.

Decreased HCL in stomach can also lead to bacterial issues so just keep an eye on it and consider supplementing with HCL,

Stock/Bone broth is also golden.

Feel your pain mate I had issues similar issues over the span of years with no let up. Lead to a greater understanding and me sorting myself.

9. Clubber Lang

irish...you shit yourself yet? I need a laugh lol

10. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Several times, unfortunately just in bed though when I farted and sprayed the sheets. I made sure I dosed on on immodium before doing any squats!

Clubber Lang and spearman like this.
  11. Clubber Lang

i think you should try lactose free stuff and see what happens.

12. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Things have settled quite a bit here. Not getting agonising pain and running to the bog constantly but the consistency is not great. Could be diet as its been crap these past few weeks