Social Media Strikes Again

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Drago, May 2, 2016.

1. Drago

Drago Elite Member

Long story but a girl I was seeing was travelling for a while and now is back in th uk and we had arranged to meet up again.

Then I get this text asking did I add her brothers girlfriend on Facebook. WTF is my response why would I do that and besides I don't even know her name!

Anyway she's convinced I did it and feels uncomfortable and now no longer wants to meet.

To be honest I'm sure what has happened is that it's come up on my feed as someone I might know and I've had a carrot fingers moment and added them. It's not something I would have done deliberately.

Anyway I apologised even though I didn't do anything deliberately.
    To be honest I think she's blowing it out of all proportion.

What are people's thoughts on this? More of a rant than anything else but opinions welcomed

2. s man

s man Elite Member

My thoughts are that this is the reason I have very few friends in my life. What a pathetic load of bs all this social media crap is and the fact it would ruin you having a good time with someone for what is generally a meaningless thing.

Drago likes this.
  3. Drago

Drago Elite Member

My sentiments exactly

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

LOL yeah, I regularly have to explain how social media works as my Mrs thinks every post on my wall is directly to me from the person who sent it - she has no interest in technology but will gladly assume the worst of anything she sees on it LOL

5. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Yes, she's a woman - but I'd expect to be in a relationship before having to tolerate this kind of thing really.

(I'd love to say, find a different woman - but sorry to say - they are all batshit crazy in some fashion - the craziness just differs in extent)

Wal, Mass Monster and Drago like this.
  6. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

This happened to me at work....

My dad was sat chatting to me with his laptop on reeling off these names from people you may know on Facebook one afternoon, me and my old man have the same name so it was all my mates he's reeling off along with some names of people I didn't know as obviously it's targeted. I was just saying dad just leave it out, you don't have any mates. Stop fucking about.

Day or so later my mate at work strikes up a convo about Facebook and says hesitantly that his wife has received an add from a profile with my name and how weird it is as he knows it's not me, i was like well that's weird, then I thought fuck me, is he thinking I'm after his wife??? This looks fucking terrible.... So I asked him about the profile pic... He told me and I cracked up. I said " u wot m8? That's my fucking dad! "

Then explained what had happened.... Still not entirely sure he believes me but fuck it, I don't care anyway.

But yeah went round my dads after work and looked at his activity log and sure as fuck he's added a raft of people thinking he was cancelling them..... Immediately undid them all.

Best part was he'd also added my bird by accident and she was like " ohhhh your dads added me, that must mean he likes me!!! "

Didn't have the heart to tell her it was an accident and he thinks she's a cunt....

Just Kidding chaps! He thinks she's very nice....

I'm with Dan, birds getting ideas above their stations when you're not in a relationship can get to fuck. If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it bitches..... Full Beyoncé. They can get to fuck....

Mass Monster, Arterial Dan and Drago like this.
  7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

FB has been useful in finding out the crazy wench who has become my stepsons first girlfirend in 5 years..... they seem perfectly suited - in that they both seem equally dillusional.

I've got me some popcorn and shall enjoy watching the drama unfold

Drago, Deadpan, s man and 1 other person like this.
  8. Drago

Drago Elite Member

So I've figured out how to check my activity log and there is no record of any friend requests to anyone I don't know and especially not this dolls boyfriends girlfriend.

I have informed her of this. Fuck it, don't expect a reply but she can fuck off if she thinks I'm letting her believe i did something I didn't

9. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

Obviously just finding excuses mate, I'd just tell her to fuck off and forget about it.

I've put my foot in it.... Banged a polish bird last night. She added me on Facebook.... Forgot that I'm down as in a relationship.

She's actually been pretty cool about it though... She could have crucified me there.

Good old poland and it's forgiving women.