The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Ha ha, he`s getting jealous, thinks I`m hitting on you lol.

May give them a try Monday DV mate, I struggle a bit to get comfortable and isolate the triceps with close grip work, have been doing similar to above vid but on a decline bench, it`s better but still not 100% so may give the floor a try, cheers . H.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

The nice thing with floor pressing is you can use whatever grip you fancy and fits your routine, it will all hit the triceps. Wider allows you more weight I find but you are still just locking it out so despite the grip being more of a bench press width, chest work is minimal. Right now I'm between a close and bench grip to try and help my OHP work more, but you can mix and match as you feel you need change.

Close grip, you have to judge the distance yourself rather than having a fixed depth, unless you go right down to your chest but then that bring in too much shoulder rotation for me and loss of function/purpose to the lift.

PS: we should pertition that all members have 'dirty' in their username

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Nothing to be scared about with the FP cos even if you dump it it won't hit you.... not too much anyway LOL

I sh!t bricks when I PP tho LOL

4. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

unless you go right down to your chest but then that bring in too much shoulder rotation for me and loss of function/purpose to the lift.

Yeah that`s the problem I have mate, starts bringing in shoulders more and if I`ve done them or chest beforehand then kind of defeats the object.

I`ve got a few 25kilo discs that should sit about right by the time I`m getting to touching distance I reckon, I`ll report back Monday lol.

5. RAD

RAD Elite Member

LMFAO!!

Damn good vids mate I don't think your walk is camp........... I find it very teasing.... you tease!!

Your stance needs a bit work in your OHP though you kept blocking the view of the babe in the mirror next time could you lean in a bit further please LOL!!

Some handsome blokes on your gym especially the dude with the leather gloves on really liked the look of him

But your still my favourite

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I think he'd like you too so you could be in there.... do I even take favourite over the blonde? I'm truely flattered. I was already uncomfortably close to her and still couldn't get her properly in shot for you.

I'll add a little wiggle in next time, just for you

7. RAD

RAD Elite Member

FPMSL!!

That some gym you train at real flashy place.Not like the sh1thole I use to train in back in the day LOL

Hows the new cycle going?

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Not even at the end of my second week and the signs are good.... but then total AAS dose adds up to about 1200mg pw so it's not suprising I'm feeling the benefits already. Still got 10 weeks to go, oh yeah LOL

I've done my fair shair of sh!t pits to train in. I like the atmosphere in them but this place, despite it's discotheque feel, isn't to bad TBH (did I just say 'discotheque', fcuk I'm old!)

9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Fcuk me mate thats some serious dosage you've got going on seems like my 10st gain could be on the cards LOL

Discotheque you are showing your age LOL but got to agree the old sh1t hole gyms were fcukin class I use to train with bouncers ,taxi drivers and window cleaners all class blokes and I was always p1ssing myself at the stories they would come out with.Atmosphere was spot on no posers or anyone thinking they better than any one else just one big mental family!!

10. tio

tio Something big is coming......

Good lifting vids DV, the thing that stands out for me is the very good form on the pressing.

Hows everything with you these days?

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

10st would be very nice. Hey TIO, cheers for the compliment. Generally things are good, still got the odd niggle but they're workable ATM, like my dodgey ham, didn't stop 205x3 today but I'll regret it tomorrow LOL

DL: 5x70, 110, 3x150 2x180 1x195 3x205 then 5x150 and 10x110 w/2mins rest

LPD: 95x11, 11, 10 w/90 secs rest then Chins BWx10

Hammer Row: 100x10, 10, 9 w/90 secs rest

Rope P/Over: 65-55 for 7 sets 10-12 reps

Roller and stretching to close plus 10 mins cardio

Nice session today, back felt tight at first but then 205 ended out going up easy really. Everything else saw some solid progress too. Happy Bunny

then my battery died without warning

12. tio

tio Something big is coming......

Thats a nice gym, where is that?

Good vids too, what you using to film?

13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

The gym is DW (used to be JJB). A bit too posh for me really but it does the job, just, won't be long before I have outgrown most of the machines. Nice to have some 'scenary' tho LOL

The camera I got for my birthday, other than giving me no warning when the battery is low I really like it, very simple but decent - Samsung PL50

14. Jem

Jem me is spesh

[​IMG] ...NOW I understand why you asked for vids [​IMG] I'm letting the side down here methinks !

Impressive DV woohoo ...and what a sexy looking gym you train at ! Looks like a night club [​IMG]

I might just get that deads vid up on my journal some time soon [​IMG]

Oh re prefixes: I love the sound of Dirty Jem [​IMG]

15. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Just noticed this journal. All the best with it.

Will pop in from time to time