The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. s man

s man Elite Member

Brutal looking session that one especially in this muggy weather. Think the de load will be much needed next week.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Absolutely, no doubt on that. Being busy didn't help (other than slowing me down LOL) Today wasn't much better TBH

Bit of a grind today, not much in the way of extra weight but more work was squeezed out and that was the aim. Surprised I could do anything after yesterday's session and weight still a smidge over 105 (only dropped half a kg during today's session)

Flat DB Press: 7x15s, 7x25s, 5x37.5s, 47.5s x14, 11, 9, 9, 9
    Bent Over X Over: #7x18, 13, 11, 12, 10
    Laying DB ext/JM: 20x 16, 14, 13, 12, 11
    Push Downs (Wide): #14+3.5x15, 14, 13, 12, 11
    Seated Smith OH Press: 60x12, 10, 8, 8, 8
    Iso SLR: +17.5x15, 13, 12, 12, 12

Started off feeling half decent. 1st set on DBs moved far better than I thought and was 2 reps for the good. Struggled a bit after that but then that was the point, still managed a few extra reps at this point but a couple were properly it (as was required). This didn't make x over work easier. squeezed some extra reps out tho so all good. DB JM work wasn't so bad, same weight again here but reps certainly coming a bit more freely. Finally did up the weight on something, PD work had a couple of DBs adding the equivalent of half a plate so as not to drop too many reps and over the same sets managed more resp, some up some down but on the whole nice and solid. Smith OH was probably the real shocker, same weight again (not risking the shoulder) and admittedly no extra deep paused reps as again, shoulder friendly being all failure today, but reps certainly weren't cut high and form was on the money but reps were up a good couple on the first sets and even finished quite strong. SLRs up a tiny bit and no problem matching reps. Pump was a thing of beauty.

Think I may be lucky to have a job right now tho. After last weeks booking mistake that wasn't our fault but theirs and being ranted at for 10mins by the customer (who turned out was in the wrong) the email apology sent via my boss was a bit weak so I replied having a rant myself, a little bit of name calling and fact stating (as I saw it) only instead of sending it to my boss I sent it to the customer... recall system failed and they replied about 20mins later. FUAARRRKKKK!

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Nightmare last night at work. Last week some woman spent 10mins ranting at me down the phone for a booking c0ck up, which at the time was almost fair enough as someone has to get it, turned out tho that they were wrong not us. Email with her and my boss was very brief with my boss pointing out her mistake to which she said, literally in no more or fewer words, 'many thanks and sorry for any confusion'. I had been CCed in and email the boss back having a right rant about the lack of personal apology and the cheek of just blaming 'confusion' when I get a gob full of crap for 10mins for nothing, I wasn't impressed at all blah blah blah..... hit send and fvcking sent it to this women instead of my boss. That made for some entertainment.

Pretty decent session this morning, still muggy and humid inside despite being cooler outside in the mornings but a good bit of extra work done (had to with some blonde hitting her DL etc - altho obviously couldn't give a sh!t what I was up to LOL). Not the best nights sleep tho, my son has this reoccurring itchy rash up his hands, arms and back and it hit again last night so he was in and out of my room complaining about it.

Hammer Row: 8x40, 7x60, 95x15, 13, 11, 11, 11, 10
    Incline Rope PDs: #11x12, 12, 11, 10, 10, 9
    Rear Delt (Pec Dec): #7x18, 14, 13, 12, 12, 12
    Upright Rows (3/4): 40x14, 13, 13, 13, 13
    BB Curls (Wide): 40x14, 12, 10, 10, 9, 8
    Singe Arm Cables: #4x14, 14 13, 12, 10

I'm sure the weekly volume will hit me at some point, hopefully no until the end of the week, but today went well. Hammer rows felt crisp and true, 5kg extra weight and no problem hitting extra reps and set. My new favourite LPD variant next with the ropes, same weight again here but every week I have increased the volume with no issues and today was no different, again reps and set up with form holding true, really good lat contraction. Kept Rear delt work the same too but reps were up and a 6th set popped in for good measure. Upright rows went up 2.5 and thanks to reps hardly tailing off hitting volume goal wasn't an issue. Surprisingly biceps fared well with the extra weight too, 6th set putting me well up on minimum volume target and biceps blasted. Single arm crucifix style worked much better anchoring myself with my arm and not gripping and hit reps far better. Start weight was just over 105 still which is good, end weight was just under so at least that side of things in consistent.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Fvck today, fvck the heat, fvck the humidity, fvck doing 31 working sets to failure, fvck doing this to legs 3 days after having already done it to legs, fvck still having small legs

Back Squats, Tempo: 8x60, 6x80, 4x100, 130x10, 9, 8, 8, 7
    Hack DLs: 70x20, 100x12, 12, 10, 10, 10
    Hamstring Curls: #10x12, 10, 8, 9, 9
    Seated Calf Raise: 8x40, 70x16, 15, 13, 12, 11, 12
    Decline BB Skulls: 50x14, 11, 10, 10, 10
    Rope Push Down, Split: #6x13, 12, 12, 11, 10

Started the session 105.2, finished 104, despite carrying all the sweat I lost in my T shirt and pants, I was fvcking dripping almost from the 1st warm up set, no air at all today and humid as it can get. Anyway, squats went up 5, miscounted my rep target (too high) which meant as a result I pleasantly exceeded what I needed to nicely but not without some effort felt good on the legs tho and happy when it was over. Hacks I did not like, when with a deficit instead of going heavy and lacking range, but the bar battered the sh!t out of my Achilles but I stuck it out thru the pain and it was all hard enough. If I do these again, IF, then I'll try the smith, I just don't have the mechanics tho I feel. Quads burning well tho. Upped ham curls a full pin and just about managed to hit the reps I needed to increase the volume, maybe not the prettiest last 2 reps but sod it. Calf raises went quite well, up in weight and the cramping I was expecting from sweating so much fluids out never happened and managed to get more reps. Struggled to get myself together for triceps but got the dentists tomorrow so won't have the time to do them if I move them over so off I set. Kept the weight even to ensure no volume issues within the sets I was already on and sure enough got a good few extra reps in. Upped rope work and no problems getting the work out there, felt good and hit them nicely.

5. s man

s man Elite Member

Most of all fuck doing it in a gym with no A/C. I was dripping like shit today with it so have no clue how you managed. It's funny after that dumbell discussion we had and the owner aiming for more main stream clients that he wouldn't do the most expected thing in modern gyms and put air con in to keep a constant temp all year. Having had a warehouse round the corner from there built pretty much identical I know how shit they are in summer.

Solid ass session though matey but those hacks looked hard work. Maybe give the smith a bash instead. We're too old for anything with even a 1% risk lol

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

They have air con installed but never turn it on, not in the day anyway, they probably put on in the 'studio' upstairs. Downstairs they just open the shutters. Just the wrong day (week) for the volume demands in these sessions. Freezing in winter, sauna in summer. Hacks off teh floor are better but don't feel deep enough, hacks on a deficit batter my ankles. TBH, with the hack machine and leg press it's not essential, but at least I've tried it.

We need wrapping in cotton wool and preserving

7. s man

s man Elite Member

I'm trying to get the gym to buy one of those Sissy squat stand things. Keep seeing people doing them weighted in the rack or smiths and they look pretty lethal for leg development to me any way. Love a hack machine but I don't think we've got the space and a few other bits are needed more. Plus it'll just sit in a small corner ready for me and take up no real space. All the females and female looking men will love doing them without weight and hands in the preying position to like all the online gurus lol

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

You'll be instafamous in no time... let me know if it tones your buns ready for that holiday. Last time I tested one out my knees weren't too happy. We have some bullshit hip thruster machine, it's fvcking huge and cost us the 50-70kg dumbbells... sigh

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Early session (well, maybe 10min early) to get the dentists in, but that lack of 10-20min extra in bed after yesterday's session was telling LOL Took sympathy for sneaking in some stealthy footage of the mystery foxy blonde girl today as she spoke her first and only words to me today, not hello or anything, no, she decided to inform she had just ripped a hole in her leggins. My white knight shivelry prevented me from tactful camera positioning but instead resulted in me offering her my shorts if she found herself in an embarrassing predicament - always the gent

Inc DB Press, 30deg: 10x15s, 8x25s, 42.5x14, 12, 10, 9, 10
    Cable Fly (lo-hi): #5x16, 13, 12, 11, 11, 11
    Chins: 11, 9, 8, 7, 7, 7
    V bar Row, Landmine: x50, 85x12, 12, 11, 11, 10
    Hammer Rope Curl: #9 +3.5x 18, 14, 12, 11, 10

After a quick bit of mobilising I was ready for some DB work. Moving well and optimistically up in weight I could afford to drop 3 reps and still match volume (well, would actually be up but by a negligible amount). Started well, 1st 2 sets matched last weeks reps. Lost one on the 3rd, but that was OK, 2 more set losing 1 per set and I'd still be on target. However, I then lost 2 reps on set 4. I was sizing myself for a 6 setter which I wasn't really in a mood for then somehow I got a lost rep back on the last set, target hit, job done, time to move on. X over weight stayed the same but I had planned an extra set here, just as well as I struggled to up my work, got a rep or 2 in but it was tough going, altho the last couple suddenly seemed to click. Chins was already at top sets and I wasn't adding weight but I did manage a few extra reps over the set. May be my last session but I wasn't feeling the need to go mad on V bar rows, perhaps this forced my hand to man up as with a subtle 2.5 extra I banged out a good few extra reps and felt good for it too. Kept the bicep work on 5 sets too, added 3.5 (which is roughly half a plate) for a total of 4 extra reps.

Finished this block weighing 105 (at the start of the session) so been a good run thru May. And I hope you appreciate my design and textile skills with the custom made vest today.

10. s man

s man Elite Member

You didn't tell her you'd still be in the shorts when she climbed in though did you lol

Cracking block that matey. Bet the deload is needed but you also know you'll be bored senseless next week!

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

That may be why she never took me up on the offer

TBH I know it's needed so I'll enjoy the deload and get rolling for the next block. It is hard to train when you now you aren't pushing it tho, the danger is you end out making an easily doable set hard work by not being mentally engaged.

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

What feels like a well earned deload week begins today. Bit tired but a light session should wake me up a bit and get the creeky joints moving. 13th wedding anniversary today so this will likely be it until tomorrow.

Front Squats: 8x40, 6x60, 5x80, 90x5, 5, 5
    Face In Hack Squats, Feet Lo: +100x8, 8, 8
    Seated Row Hams: #22x10, 10, 10
    Smith Calves: 105x10, 10, 10, 10
    Preacher EZ: 35x6, 6, 6

Few extra minute mobilising to ease this odd knee stress I have, seems as tho it could be glute related but not so bad today. Everything moved as well as it should. FS despite being week 1s work weight was, and should be, easy for a few 5s even with the built up fatigue from last week. Hack squats were no worries, maybe a couple more reps than prescribed but legs were plenty fresh after FS. Ham rows were the same weight as I've had all block, easy 10s. Calves felt pretty light too 4 sets of 10 hardly even producing a pump. Finished off as per usual with some bicep bits, few sets on preacher curls to get some blood flowing but again, nice and easy.

13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Nice session to cruise thru this morning, all comfy enough and due to no fatigue build up these deload session almost get easier as they progress

Flat DB Press: 7x15s, 7x25s, 5x37.5s, 42.5s x6, 6, 6
    Bent Over X Over: #6x10, 10, 10
    Laying DB ext/JM: 15x10, 10, 10
    Push Downs (Wide): #12x10, 10, 10
    Seated Smith OH Press: 50x5, 5, 5
    Iso SLR: +10x10, 10, 10

Few extra mins before and after today to get the shoulder moving, not eased the neck much so that may need clicking but shoulder feeling half decent. Flat DB work nice and easy, kept it pretty slow but felt fine. X overs dead easy, again lots of controlled tempo but straight forwards enough. With no tricep fatigue DB JM was probably too easy TBH, push downs were a walk in the park too. 1st set of OH was clavicle deep, shoulder less happy here so went with chin level thereafter weight was no issue tho. SLRs were easy peasy.

14. s man

s man Elite Member

Easing through the deload week matey. Was feeling like I needed one myself the last week or so but keep progressing so will suck up the aches and lethargy and carry on.

How'd the anniversary go.

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Didn't really do anything unfortunately. Watching pennies with the holiday to pay for TBH and with the wife's aches and pains she's not really up for a whole lot so chilled in and I baked a couple of giant cookies to have with ice cream. Her ring turned up on the day, seeing as I got it via that Wish app I haven't let on how cheap it was LOL she's happy tho

I'm liking doing the deload week regardless, great chance to recuperate and avoid the risk of injuries etc preemptively I find