The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Weight still going up 110.8 today. Bit dopey this morning and knew I had a challenging one ahead.

Front Squats: ?x20, 8x40, 6x60, 100x13, 13, 12, 11 (elevated)
    Hack Lunges: x20, 40kg x28, 24, 22, 20 (total reps)
    Hip Thrusters: 110kg x16, 15, 15, 14, 14
    Hatfield Calf Raises: 117.5x18, 16, 15, 14, 14
    Reverse Grip PD w/twist (Handles): #8+5kg x17, 13, 14, 12, 11
    Decline Kick Backs: 10s x16, 14, 13, 12, 11

Bit tight after yesterday's massage but yoga got me moving well. Still rocking the elevated heels and the quads took a hammering. Up 2.5, probably should have done an 80kg warm up set but 100 moved well enough but after the first set I really started digging in and causing some pain. Reps after set 1 were all u on last week and this extra elevation gives the quads no break, even when you catch a breath or 2 for the last couple of reps, the quads are 100 engaged and the longer you catch your breath the more tired they got, no recovery is achieved at all LOL I did have an intention to go for 5 sets but after the 4th I could hardly hold myself up to re-rack the bar and as I was up in volume and had more to come that was my lot.

Hack lunges next, back to a proper lunge as the hip twinge has sorted rather than staggered, dunno if it's harder that way or that I had fvcked my quads too much already by now but these were a grind, managed an extra rep on 2 sets (with the same weight) but that was all I had in me, a 5th set just wasn't going to leave me much else to train with today especially as each set take a good #90secs or more to complete.

Thrusters next, yay! Kept the same weight here and was keen to get the 5th set in. Absolutely battered, these were meant to be easier than doing a DL variant, I remain unconvinced LOL I did up my calf work, just a 2.5 on there on top of what I had, 3 reps for the good. Nearly went back for a 6th set but did a bit of loose maths to consider how much work they probably do all week with the other leg work, then added in how fvcked I felt then saw the time and bottled it LOL

Tricep work went quite well, cables weight was up and also finished a couple of reps up too and felt good considering I can't have had any glycogen left in my body by now. Same with the Decline kick back, quite like these, kind of nailed a cheeky technique tweak that nails them, up 1kg, up a couple of reps and then up a set. Stretched, and yoga'ed again then decided 3hrs was quite long enough so I left

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Mrs just rang after another SS meeting. Fvck me!!

They had their social worker walk out in tears... alas she is the first contact, it's all been crap lately so she did get the brunt of it. So in came the big wigs, things should now be stepped up and taken more seriously and things should be back on track. TH has clearly been twisting events to suit his M.O. as while the health worker hasn't understood how we got to the legal level, she didn't lay claims to it being OTT, just that she missed how it escalated. Nor did the head of the unit who TH claimed had said it was an over-reaction and she'll take over and get things sorted. No such thing is on the cards and the PLO is still on track. The GF was kicking off big time, storming out, telling the Mrs how she'll hate her forever if she gets Ollie (like we give a crap LOL) and that she won't be dealing with anyone, if they take her rights as a parent away they can forget about her cooperating etc etc no idea why cockwomble sticks by her. They were trying desperately to blame everything on Ollie being a celiac completely overlooking the highlighted events of their lack of emotional and physical support their clear neglect and ignoring advice. Also seems like the clinician who said TH has a saviour complex sees right thru him and knows just how much of an act he puts on

Fun and games, we have them round in 3 days for xmas.... sigh

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

So close on the scales this morning, 110.8. The good news is that for once I wasn't lighter on a Friday which means in future I need to be more aware of what I need after Thursday's workout as it is the bigger session of my week, but just shy of 111kg.

Flat DB Press: 10x15, 10x25, 5x35, 47.5s x18, 15, 12, 11, 10
    Supported Rope Flyes: #5+2.5kg x16, 15, 13, 12, 13
    Hammer Rows (stretched): 12x40, 80x16, 15, 13, 12, 11
    Rope Inc PD: #10+5kg x15, 14, 12, 11, 11
    Pinwheel Curls: 22.5s x15, 13, 12, 11, 10

Usual pre-workout ramble and it was game time for the xmas pump. No idea where my DB work came from, up 2.5 which would usually see a significant rep dive when already near max effort. First set was up a rep, up!... WTF!! Reps petered off a bit after that but not by much, looked back and 6 months ago I repped 14, 11, 9, 9, 9. Upped the rope flyes by 2.5, managed about 3 extra reps there also. Clearly getting the extra cals in yesterday PWO was paying off. Popped a 2.5 on the hammer rows too, good stretch and pull on these and in total an extra 2 reps on top of the weight. +2.5 on rope pull downs as well. Not too much of a rep sacrifice but a bit altho I had room here for the 5th set. Took a bigger jump on the DBs than I would usually like for pun wheel curls but somehow these still repped out thick and fast, maybe a little english on the last rep of each set but otherwise legit form and felt strong.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Played it by ear as to when I would train today but seeing as I think I had half opted for an earlier session once I had stirred in the early hours getting back off wasn't easy, so up at 8, down the gym by 8:45, coffee, yoga, train, more yoga, shower and home by 10. At weigh in I was 111.2... awesome, then realised I'd kept my sweats on so took them off and was 110.6 in everything else.

Landmine Calf Raises: 10x25kg, 10x40, 60x10, 10, 10, 10
    Inward Hack Squats: 6x40, 60x9 (elevated), 11, 10
    Sissy Squats: +10kg x15, 15, 15
    Hamstring Curls: 8x#6, #9x8, 8, 8
    Seated Cable Curls: #3x17, 15, 14

Such a welcome reprieve after last week, still a nice weight that I could feel on everything but nothing that challenging. Kind of supersetted most things, but still took a minute or so between each staggered set. Tested an elevated heel on the 1st set of inward hacks just to see, may revisit that at a later date. Rolled with shorts today to see if I could detect any quad gains, think there's something there. Food will be a nuisance this week with meal timing being everywhere but I will endeavour to get in as many cals as I can still but I suspect I will still be down, but with a deload that shouldn't be too costly.

Just rattled up some home roasted parmesan parsnips and some roasted brussels sprouts in a balsamic, soy and sweet chilli glaze, they were good. Roasted a gammon up for tomorrow too, fvcking TH and his GF, great. Mrs has invited her 94y/o Nan over too so the other two better fvcking behave. Annoyingly the wife's nan will be singing THs praises about what a lovely kid he has and hasn't he done so well etc etc (she doesn't know what a cvnt he is, but maybe I'll let that slip LOL, it is xmas after all)

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

10am gym open time this morning, 110.2 weigh in. Stranger danger in the gym, some lad on a 3 day pass from Cornwall ruining everyone's day by being bigger and leaner than the rest of us LOL Nice lad tho, had a brief 'Are you local' chat with him.

Incline DB Press (30deg): 10x15s, 10x25s, 5x35s, 40s x7, 7, 10
    Flat DB Flyes: 17.5s x12, 12, 12
    BB Decline Skulls: 10x20, 40x15, 15, 15
    Straight Bar PDs: 12x#9, #12x19, 18, 15
    DB SLR: 7.5s x16, 14, 17

All easy going this morning. Shoulder still a little grumpy on inclines but no issues. All quite easy tho, especially as I move on and am less and less fatigued for exercises I'm usually tired for by the end. As a result some of the lighter work saw a few more reps than one might expect but all easy enough and got the blood flowing.

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Didn't hit the gym until half 2 today, probably won't get there until gone 11 tomorrow. All tits up ATM so just as well I'm deloading. Weighed in at 111.4, no idea how as I swear I've been on 2000 cals less a day for the last 2 days or so.

Smith Machine Rows: 10x20, 8x50, 70x7, 7, 7
    Assisted Chin Ups: +40.5x10, 10, 10
    Seated DB Clean: 10x15, 15, 15
    BB Curl (Wide Grip): 12x20, 35x12, 12, 12
    Supported Single DB Curl: 10s x12, 12, 12

Despite a bit of post xmas chatter it all got rattled out quite swiftly again. All easy enough and as per usual just got easier as I progressed so worked arms a bit harder than a typical deload would be. Gym was pretty dead, expected more TBH. Got home a little after 4 (got there about 3 and had a shower plus a PreWO coffee and chat) but a 'quick trip' to see the wife's sister took over 2hrs, bloody starving when we got in and had nothing to eat that wouldn't take 20mins FFS. Mrs has a physio sesh tomorrow hence a later morning start.

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Hit the gym about 11ish, usual double coffee had just for the sake of routine and got my brief bit of yoga done and weighed in 111.4 again (crackers and cheese must be keeping the cals up)

Front Squats: ?x20, 8x40, 6x60, 6x80, 90x5, 5, 5 (elevated)
    Hack Lunges: x20, +30kg x12, 12, 12 (total reps)
    Hip Thrusters: 90x10, 12, 12
    Hatfield Calf Raises: 110x10, 10, 10
    Reverse Grip PD w/twist (Handles): #7x15, 14, 12
    Decline Kick Backs: 7.5s x12, 12, 12

Can't say I rushed thru it all this morning but made good enough work of it all. Slightly higher elevation on my squats this week I think, just to see, 5 reps could be felt but all easy enough. Hack lunges a bit heavier than the plan suggested but there's be so much adaptation with them being new that 20 would have been too easy, 30 was still simple enough. Same with hip thrusters, 90 was nice and comfy but still engaging. Calf work was OK, moved for 10s with some feels. Tricep work pushed the reps on a bit more cable work felt good and got a nice squeeze and DB finishers work was nice and focused to wrap up with.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Late update today as had the grandson immediately PWO and just done a late asda shop too. Gym was rammed this morning tho, just when I was thinking their 'change' in target market had killed off all the die hards, altho TBF we are 3 days post xmas so a few do start reappearing now. Made the deload a pain as everything was in use all damn morning and not even the usual early gym goers... bastards. Weight still on the up, 111.8 this morning, I just cannot be eating as much as normal tho, I swear. I know there are a lot of extra cals in things but I'm missing great chunks of what I normally eat and hardly stuffing myself with crap

Flat DB Press: 10x15, 10x25, 5x35, 42.5s x10, 10, 10
    Supported Rope Flyes: #3x12, 12, 12, #4x10
    Hammer Rows (stretched): 12x40, 70x10, 10, 10
    Rope Inc PD: #9x10, 10, 10
    Pinwheel Curls: 15s x20, 15, 15

Rests were on the whole shorter but some exercises were delayed waiting to get on things. Flyes were actually done last as for the entire session 2 guys were on the fvcker. All moved well and easy tho, benching felt smooth and good, no shoulder issues. Improv flyes one arm at a time was off but needs must. Rows felt light, rope PD felt light and pin wheels were pumped out fast and worked a bit harder.

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

After the family being hell-bent on ruining my birthday yesterday this morning was for me time, I wasn't going to rush the gym and I'd get home when I got there... but I left before everyone had woken so it was view I held but didn't have to tell anyone LOL. Weighed in at 111.2 which was a little surprising as I thought after not eating for most of yesterday I would be lighter. Should mean I could get thru the demands of a full on session tho. Bit busy mind.

Landmine Calf Raises: 10x25kg, 10x45, 75x17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 12
    Inward Hack Squats: 6x40, 85x 18, 16, 14, 14, 14
    Sissy Squats: +25kg x17, 15, 14, 14, 13
    Hamstring Curls: 8x#6, #9+5kg x16, 13, 12, 11, 11
    Seated Cable Curls: 10x#3, #5 x16, 13, 12, 12, 10

Usual yoga bits while chatting to my mate's 7y/o daughter (if she's that old), she's a real character. Coffee had then it was game time. Started with calves as I do on a Monday, just a small weight increase but managed to hit all my reps on target and moved quite well thru the sets, video even shows a small sign of some calf muscle there. Inward hacks also went up a smidge but reps came really well, 1st set flew, I reckon I was able to up every set with extra weight and arguably still have a rep in the tank, quads were baked tho. Sissy squats only up 1 kg just out of convenience but got good reps here too, and consistent. Hamstring curls started well and lulled into a false sense of confidence, after that set things kind of just held ground. Upped bicep curls weight and the first set flew, struggled after that but held on well enough.

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Treated myself to an extra hour in bed this morning as not the best sleep again but got a wiggle on to hit the gym when it opened at 10am. Yoga, coffee x2 another chat with my mates little girl bless her and I was good to go. Weighed in at 111.8, inching ever closer to 112.

Incline DB Press (30deg): 10x15s, 10x25s, 5x35s, 45s x16, 15, 12, 10, 10
    Flat DB Flyes: 22.5s x17, 15, 15, 13, 12
    BB Decline Skulls: 10x20, 55x14, 13, 12, 12, 11
    Straight Bar PDs: 12x#9, #13+5kg x17, 16, 15, 14, 12
    DB SLR: 12.5s x18, 16, 15, 13, 13

Was feel good and moving well at the start for once altho oddly light in the head for some reason. No matter, stuck with the 45s and usually struggle after deloading with my pressing work but managed an extra rep on the first 2 sets, bombed a bit on the 3rd but still on target and then managed to get my sh!t together for an extra rep on the last set too, moved really well that set no idea how or why. Kept fly weight the same and was a few reps for the good here too, form was locked in and felt good. Got brave of triceps and upped the skull work, oddly the right bicep decided to suddenly tighten up, suicide was OK but gripping seemed to irritate it, still matched my reps with extra weight so all good (might have been a tad up actually). Upped PDs too and a pretty strong few sets if I do say so myself. Kept SLRs as they were but chucked an extra rep on every set (well all but 1 I think).

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Back to the usual training time this morning, dragged my heels a little as son not at school until tomorrow so gave myself a 20min lie in but hit the gym for 9. Weighed in at 111.8 still, couple of flicks to 112 but not enough to count.

Smith Machine Rows: 10x20, 8x50, 85x 13, 12, 12, 11, 11
    Assisted Chin Ups: +36.5 x16, 14, 13, 12, 12
    Seated DB Clean: 20s x18, 15, 13, 12, 12
    BB Curl (Wide Grip): 12x20, 42.5x15, 13, 12, 11, 10
    Supported Single DB Curl: 12.5s+1kg x15, 13, 12, 11, 11

Had to wait a few mins to get going courtesy of the super slow tempo supersetter using the smith, probably a really nice guy just something about his presence always bugs me LOL but got the show on the road by upping the weight a fraction and banging out the same reps with aplomb. Chins kept the same but 1.5kg heavier than when I last did them so 1 rep up is a win in my book. Went heavier with DB cleans, knew this would take a dive but managed to keep reps were needed for the volume progress. After some indecision I did up BB curls too, lost 1 rep over all as a result but not to my detriment. Kept supported rows as they were, managed an extra rep on the end but was happy with how that went.

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Body gave up on me a bit today but I'll moan about that more in a minute. Finally hit 112 (.2) this morning so weight just seems to be hell bent on going up still. First 'back to normal' start for a fortnight and a carp night's sleep no helped by getting something in my eye about 1am and after 10mins of running water thru my eye I was then wide a fvcking wake LOL

Front Squats: ?x20, 8x40, 6x60, 4x80, 100x14, 13, 12, 11, 10(elevated)
    Hack Lunges: x20, 42.5kg x24, 22, 20, 10 'pop' (total reps)
    Hip Thrusters: 112.5kg x15, 16, 15, 14, 14
    Hatfield Calf Raises: 120x18, 16, 15, 14, 14
    Reverse Grip PD w/twist (Handles): #9 x17, 15, 12, 12, 10
    Decline Kick Backs: 11s x16, 14, 12, 12, 10

Ditched my extra double coffee this morning (been repeating on me too much while training) so just the 200mg caff tab to see me thru what ended out being close to 3hrs LOL. Went thru my yoga as per and got off to a good start. Elevated FS moving really well and smooth, same weight, only 1 extra rep after 4 sets but really solid reps so we went for a 5th set to finish off. Quads were battered just from these but there was more to go. I upped lunges by 2.5, no idea why as it was never going to be a wise move volume wise but there you go, live and learn. It wasn't going too bad, 3 sets in and I was looking to be about down but had room for a 5th set or a rest-pause 4th but that's where things fell apart a bit, 10 reps in and my left thigh (outer) had a little pop. I had about 3-4 years of problems with that exact area that I seemed to solve about 3 years ago so I'm hoping it's just coincidence from fatigue and not the problem reoccurring but time will tell. I racked quickly enough and no major harm done hopefully (can walk and cycle fine) but I know it's there. The good news is that with the 1100kg extra FS volume I could afford the loss of 600kg in volume here I guess. Still pissed tho. Hip Thrusters had a slightly different set up on a mates suggestion and it did seem better, felt like I got the hams in a bit more. Went slightly heavier and made reps and no issues on the thigh. Went up a bit on calves too and still hot my reps quite comfortably almost, happy with that. Could feel the thigh ever so slightly on those last couple of reps when you brace a bit more and maybe eek out a little knee flexion but all good. Tricep work was decent, upped cable work and hit some solid reps there ans went for a whole extra 1kg in each hand on the DB kicks, that made a difference (well it was a 10% jump) but still just about got what I needed to out of it.

13. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

112? Damn packing on the beef

How tall are you again mate?

I’ve had the darn flu over Xmas so just under 100kg and weak as a kitten lol

Still back at it full throttle as of today

Kapow :)

Ps all the best for the new year

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

6'1 mate... and probably shrinking nowadays LOL Loads of people got struck with something over xmas, I seemed to get away with it. Hope yours went well buddy

2018 was crap, 2019 has to be better

meanwhile 2019

[​IMG]

Woke up this morning to a packed in boiler. Usual valve twiddling did nothing. As luck would have it the guy turned up just as I was done at the gym, it was the bloody valves but one had come loose so wasn't turning when I turned it, so all sorted and not cost me anything. Still need to get the aerial done since that packed up mid-week, bit late in the day now and most don't work the weekend so I guess that'll have to wait for next week now LOL Meeting with son's school in an hour or so, and yesterday's social services meeting with Twathead etc went as well as anyone could expect. He's been caught out with more lies so I reckon it's just a matter of time now

111.8 this morning when I eventually made it to the gym, tad down but livable. No obvious signs of the quad being dodgy altho nothing done today to test it either so we'll see, for now I had my final upper session of this cycle to boss out,

Flat DB Press: 10x15, 10x25, 5x35, 47.5s x19, 16, 13, 12, 11
    Supported Rope Flyes: #5+2.5kg x17, 14, 14, 13, 13
    Hammer Rows (stretched): 12x40, 85x17, 15, 13, 13, 12
    Rope Inc PD: #11 x15, 14, 12, 11, 10
    Pinwheel Curls: 22.5s x16, 14, 13, 12, 11

Usual yoga first, again skipped the coffee and it was game time. Flat DB feeling alright warming up, not sure how recovery or deload adapting the main work would go. Turns out, fvcking blinding, every set +1 rep, some a bit of a grind but still all done and done nicely. Rope flyes also saw some extra reps, each set too again I think. Upped the weight a touch on the hammer rows and made 3 extra reps too, the push and pull pump now was starting to kick in. Rope PDs also up a tiny bit, lost a rep in all but was still on target for progression. Kept pin wheels the same but was also up a rep each set here again. Pretty solid work, no additional pains... there was one problem, due to no boiler I showered PWO, couldn't fvcking wash myself at all. Too pumped to be able to reach anywhere.... struggle is real.

15. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Another one in the bag

:)

If memory serves me correctly you were always a WC fan?

Whom do you favour these days mate, now they aren’t around?