The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

How quickly leg day comes back round...

FS: 5x60, 80, 3x100, 2x120, 5x130 then 8x110 and 5x80 box w/2mins rest

Ext: 105 for 3x12 then drop setted for 7 sets in total w/30 secs rest

RDL: 5x70, 110, 150, 170 w/~2 mins rest

Ham Curls: 65x15, 12, 9 w/60 secs rest

3min calves

Roller and stretch to finish. No time for cardio, cycled in.

My head wasn't in it at all today for some reason, but still nailed a respectable 5 reps which was 5kg up on my last session of 5s.

As I'm sure many others did, this nice weather we had at the weekend meant the Mrs and I went to Graden Centres and cooked BBQs so wasn't the most chilled out couple of days but all good fun. Lots of pot plants, solar lights and sausages.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

nearly forgot

3. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Sounds good mate the mrs is after getting a barbe I want the massive huge fcuker that cooks for a army

I hate walking round garden centres though had enough of it when I was a landscaper just reminds me of hardwork but I do like sitting on the big lawn mowers LOL

Popped in your MT journo while I was over there voting for 1man or should I say created a bit trouble for 1man in the shape up LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
  4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Fcuking 'ell, what was all that about eh!? So you pop by and all hell breaks loose.... why am I not suprised LOL I had noticed you posted.... ltr of test, cheeky get!

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I now know why my head was drifting yesterday, I seem to have a cold. Woke up at about 4am feeling RAF but once I was properly up at 7.30 it wasn't that bad but at least I have my answer which made today easier.

Bench: 5x60, 80, 3x100, 2x120, 5x130 then 10x110 (and 5x80 speed) w/2mins rest

Inc DB: 50sx 8, 8, 6 w/90 secs rest

Xover: 55x13, 50x11, 40x11 w/30 secs rest

Oly Curls: 50x 10, 9, 8 w/90 sec srest

Hammer: 17.5s 7 sets of 8 w/30 secs rest

Roller and stretch to finish plus 10 mins cardio. Cycled to work too.

Cracking session today. Was half expecting only 4 on 130, 5 wasn't easy mind. Repped out well to finish tho. Went 5kg heavier PER DB on the inc (cos the 47.5s have been dropped a few too many times and looked fcuked) and repped much better than I thought I would. Reps and weights up on xovers and then the gun show saw me out nicely LOL

Heres my 130x5 effort

6. RAD

RAD Elite Member

FPMSL

All I did was vote for 1mr and say stop emailing me now I've done it he then won by one vote (which I reckon was mine) and then all hell broke loose it was'nt my doing I know others were involved at a higher level than myself LOL!!

I really should'nt vote in them bloody shape ups the last time I did it all went to hell again people accusing each other of voting for the mates so I wrote thats crap I have voted for TREBOR and I hate him it was meant to be a joke but the powers decided to remove my comment and then the sh1t hit the fan big style.I was p1ssing myself

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I'll see to it that you get banned during the next comp then, you are clearly the consistant factor when sh!t and fans meet LOL

8. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Story of my fcukin life mate LMFAO

See the weights are going up reps are on the up how you feeling about this cycle is it going to be good one

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

TBH, most of my courses are good when on, I struggle when I come off. I am confident on this one. As I found last year when I gradually ramped up my dose, at the higher end I 'felt' a million bucks, less sides than when on half the dose and double the +ves almost. I'm 4 weeks in and levels will just start hitting peak now so the next few weeks should be interesting. Fingers crossed the injuries/niggles will stay at bay.

I just hope the quick gains again don't lead to maintenance problems when coming off. And I do come off, I don't do 'cruising' etc.

10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Wierd that you get less sides on a higher dose you would have thought it would make things worse.When you say you struggle to maintain gains how long do you hold them for before they start to diminsh after a cycle?

Does the loss depend on what gear you use?

Must be hard not to push things to far when on and you feel on top form thats why I would'nt touch gear I would end up going to far and fcukin myself up big style.

So what you gained so far and have you used this type of cycle before?

And before you ask someone has'nt hacked my profile and is asking sensible questions for once LOL

11. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

What is your standard PCT like mate?

I also struggle badly when I come off, very injury prone, I find it helps a lot to drop the weight and ramp the reps way up.

e.g Last year I went from heavy benching, 1 rep of 190kg at peak, to 20reps of 100kg during PCT.

Also, cannot recommend ROHM PCT Caps enough, really did the trick for me last time round with a bit of HCG.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2010
  12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

RAD: due to my consistant and lengthy times off cycle (probably won't do that this year LOL) some is the initial crash of losing water and therefore some of the power behind the lifts and some in just the body reverting back closer to my natural potential rather than assisted. Some will be psychological from just coming off and everything feeling heavy again, some from the desire to cut afterwards as in the past I have always done more of a bulk (which shouldn't be the case this year).

So a bit of everything really. I've always done tests and test and deca etc, never really used less aromatising compounds (mast, primo, var etc) which I should try out to see how my post cycle adjustments would be in comparison.

ATM the niggles are OK, but yes, I am having to exercise a degree of common sense.... when I remember.

So far, in 4 weeks, I have gone from 15'8 to 16'5 with minimal dietry changes TBH. Compounds I am more than familiar with, doses are the highest I've ran but not by a huge amount.

Dan: The last couple of cycles have been much better, and it is no coincidence that I have used HCG thru-out on those courses (along with a standard nolv/clom combination). I am hoping for good things this time round, only bad news is that PCT starts when I am on hols so I won't get much training in which is not a good start to PCT really. I think I do try and force the issue in the gym when I come off. I try and lift as heavy and as I struggle I think the battle starts to get lost. You may be right, completely change the approach, lighter weights, rep out then I won't be getting pissed than it's going tits up.

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Could be worth looking into types of gear might help hold the gains better when off not that I am a expert or anything LOL

Gains look well good for 4 weeks in especially considering no changes to diet.

What do you normally gain off a cycle and what do you end up keeping ?

Lost me mate I have heard of this thing common sense but never used it!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
  14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Whatever I gain, I usually lose close to half almost straight away (I generally gain 14+lbs) as I do carry water, even on this one, I gained 7lbs in 2 weeks and I think it's a fair assumption that not much of that will be muscle LOL The trick then is holding on to the rest, which initially is fine, then I do a cut and have a long time off and slowly even the retainable gains dwindle. Hence why last year I did the 1 6month cycle, hoping to keep more. Trouble was I didn't anticipate a year til my next one which has cost me I think.

Re: common sense.... it's overrated IMO

On to today:

PP: 5x40, 60, 3x70, 2x80, 5x90 w/2mins rest

Strict OHP: 70x 9, 8, 7 w/90 secs rest

Side Lat: 10 x 7 x 11 w/30 secs rest

Floor Press: 80x3, 95x5, 5, 5 w/90 sec srest

Dips: BW+50kg x 9, 9, 8 w/90 sec srest

Bar Push Down: 65x5x12, 60x2x12-10 w/10 secs rest

Roller and stretch to close, no time for cardio, cycled in tho.

Soid session today, particularly happy as I had an exhausting bball game yesterday (and I was on fire). Other than a slight mis-time of rep 4, 90x5 was simple today which I was very chuffed with. Seemed to have much better tech today. Strict work wasn't as strong as I hoped but everything else was good, especially dips. Changed from the rope on push downs to the bar.

15. skinnyjoe313

skinnyjoe313 not lifting focusing on other areas of my life

Hay DV,

nice journal lookin good with the lifts

are you bulking or cuting?

and do you use headblade to shave your head??[​IMG]

Joe