The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

It's not often I get the right thing so yeah, 15 years and I'm finally learning LOL

It shouldn't fvck up my sessions but yeah, I'll probably only get my sessions in after work. Still trying to get my head around how those on furlough, getting full pay, also get to come back with full holiday entitlement while I've been going every day.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

As usual, got up and got my walking done. Once the Mrs was up she didn't seem keen on going to the gym but it looks like I'll be taking tomorrow off as the boss is in work so we're keeping our distance for now, as a result I managed to talk her highness in to coming. 14 days straight for me, she has missed a few tho. Chest on the cards and still feeling quite tight in my shoulder so it could be an interesting one. Mrs had some gardening chores earmarked for when we got home too... and even my son has now started asking for jobs to earn some money rather than just asking for cash, I don't think twathead EVER did that.

A: Incline Cable Fly - Deep: 15x10, 15, 20, 30x22, 19, 14, 11
    B: Incline DB Press: 27.5x22, 16, 14
    C: Machine Press - close: 110x18, 15, 14, 13
    D: Rope Extensions: 40x21, 16, 14

A very 'out of the blue' session today. Altho my shoulder (the frozen one) wasn't feeling great it had no issues on flyes thankfully. Weight was upped and altho set 1 was down a rep the next 2 sets were up 4 reps somehow. Certainly worked for them but with the extra load this was very unexpected. It did mean, moving on to DB work, I was cautious about adding more weight for pressing so kept it the same, which paid off and saw me get 3 extra reps over 3 sets here, other shoulder a little grumbly on set up and frozen shoulder a little clunky but moving fine. Close press on the machine went up 15lbs, quite a jump, and the 1st set saw the grumbly shoulder quite grumbly again (last week it was good). However, after the grumble costing me a rep (with extra load so no concern) it settled nicely and reps were up on 2 and 3 and felt strong so I went for the 4th set. Wrapped up he day with rope extensions, up in weight here too so quite a day on that front and over the 3 sets was only 1 rep down on last week.

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

An impromptu session today, 15th on the bounce. Wasn't planning on going in as the boss was in for the electrician contractor so got up, did my walk and ate then hit Homebase with the Mrs to get a load of slate (7 bags, which ended out being 10 bags shorts FFS so went back after my session for more), she also wanted some plants etc for some gardening she had planned for us to do. So in some ways it was a blessing when at 1pm the boss texted me to see when I was coming in, crossed wires meant she thought I was whereas I had only planned on coming in if needed.... I was needed, as she'd been in since crack of dawn and needed to get home. I got in just as the contractors had finished, only our server was acting up so had to wait for our IT guy, who got there 10mins later and 5mins after that had it fixed. So rather than waste my journey I figured I'd get quads done quick. And it was quick, and decent...

A: Single Leg Press: 10x65, 140, 6x190, 240x13, 12, 11, 10
    B: Leg Extensions: 175x18, 13, 11
    C: Seated Calf Press - IN: 131x23, 19, 18, 16
    D: Upright Rows - Cable: 20s x22, 17, 14, 12

Single leg pressing got off to a good start, I got my lbs and kgs mixed up so warm up started a bit heavier than listed but got myself back on track and upped my work sets. It is interesting how little I seem fade off on these but they feel good and 4 sets was done with little drop off. I upped leg extensions but this did cost me some reps this week, only 4 but it was a 10lb jump. Seated calves moved nicely, 4 sets today and reps came out well. Finished with 4 sets of upright rows, no niggle issues really here which was nice.

It's also looking, tho not definite, unlikely that we will be opening up from 1st June which is good. The boss and I will still have to start upping our game to get ready but IMO it does make sense and we did have a brief chat today before she left. On that note, I have to be in work at 6am on Thursday for the cleaners, that may be my off day, not sure I fancy heavy GMs on a 6am start which is way out of my lockdown routine. Altho saying that I'll be off Wednesday so she can open up early and do that day. Bugger!!

4. RAD

RAD Elite Member

So your doing a bit gardening got to take advantage of the nice weather over there.

6am dude I am normally just going to bed at that time lol.

Good news on the not opening should leave it till September IMO but that's probably why I don't run a education facility .

15 days on the bash that's some awesome going

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Just slating over the garden to smarten it all up. Fortunately after walking around with a load for £8 bag on my trolley I turned a corner right in a hidden away part of the store and found a pallet of slate at £3 a bag. Job done.

I've never been at work for 6am, fvcking brutal. But now I know we're not likely to open in a hurry I'm cool with it. The boss has to drive in from Ipswich for her early shift.

16 now, and tomorrow to come.

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Got my morning walk in and was off for my 16th day straight. And now I'll do day 17 tomorrow as my boss needs to swap our Wed/Thurs early opening days around so Thursday will now be my off day. Plan for after today's session was to use our old fence panels to make a boarder for the newly slated edges and the new bed the Mrs made in the garden. Cue complaints about the wood being bowed and not straight blah blah blah, talk about moon on a stick!! Had a quick weigh in at was 101kg so not much down on last weigh in 10 days ago but still down.

A: Cable BB Rows: 10x15, 125s, 35s, 50s x18, 15, 11, 10
    B: V Bar Pull Downs: 140x16, 13, 11
    C: Cable BB Shrugs: 65s x20, 16, 13
    D: Cable BB Drag Curls: 25s x18, 15, 14, 13
    E: Spider Hammer DB Curls: 12.5s x22, 19, 17
    (D: Machine Chest Press: 10x95, 125, 155+ x20, 16, 13)

A lot to do but done quite quickly. Upped rowing weight and did 4 sets and reps were nicely on the money too. Only problem I had is just starting to feel a little tightness in the upper forearm around the elbow so 1 more week and a deload will be about right, and maybe another day off between. PDs, despite having more weight on them and having done a lot of rowing, went really well, small rep drop as anticipated but all good. Shrugs were solid, up in weight and matched reps so left it at 3 sets there. I put drag curls up and somehow had no trouble hitting or staying right up there with last week's reps, still went for 4 sets anyway because Gunz! Spider Curls didn't suffer either, kept these the same but comfortably made more reps. Finally another blast on chest to finish and another strong showing on this machine, seem to be improving steadily on this ATM.

7. RAD

RAD Elite Member

So was the 6am a one off ?

And now she's back on form ,you should have known your landscape gardening would piss her off lol

Strong session there,do like the look of that pressing machine that would look awesome in my gym

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I fvcking hope so, alarm went at 5:45 this morning, got here at 6:30, saw the cleaners and said I was opening up and they looked blank and had no idea what I was on about. I feared I'd done all this for nothing but 10mins later they came over. 2 days they should be here but the boss is in tomorrow altho they seem to have nothing to do and I reckon they'll be done by mid-morning (it's just got 8am here now) unless they do actually deep clean the carpets.

It's the way she 'suggests' things that seems so bloody thankless for the work and effort. It's a moan rather than a tactful ask to change something so it gets my goat pretty quick when I've slogging away with sore arms and back after training. Nothing new tho I guess LOL

Yeah, I have a new found respect for our gym here, it hits the mark well.

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

So, at 5:45 my alarm went off (well it didn't cos the Mrs woke me at 5:40 worried I'd bloody over slept LOL). Very quite cycling n at 6:15, and a bit chilly.

A worrying start as I turned up to see the cleaners in the College car park, I told them I was opening up and they seemed to have no clue they were doing our Centre. After 10mins of seething at getting up unnecessarily they came over. Turns out they are just cleaning contact points (which after being shut for 2 months is completely unnecessary), no deep clean or anything. By 10am they were done so after swapping shift with the boss, she now doesn't need to come in... FML!!!

On the plus side I cycled in, then did 20mins on a bike here, then blitzed one of our store cupboards, had breakfast, did some DIY storage sorting in the office, had a coffee then hit my gym session before sleep derivation hits me.

A: Barbell GMs: 10x40, 60, 80, 105x17, 15, 13, 12
    B: Seated Ham Curl: 185x22, 15, 12, 12
    C: Calf Press - toes out: 131+ x22, 19, 16, 15
    D: Single Wrist Curls - Handles: 20s x22 (whoops), 25s x18, 15, 14

Got off to a solid start, GM felt decent, ni sciatica, an extra 5kg and despite a dropped rep on set up I made up my ground well, hams knowing about it very much. Seated curls were really solid, last week so 4 sets here too but strong locked in reps (am I really cutting!) Hams well hammered. Calf work repped out well too, added the '+' plate and got more reps on every set and focused well on control (which sometimes slides on calves). Writs work started too light but got more reps on the sets I got right anyway. Finished off with another 15mins on the bike before stretching. Just eaten and now to cycle home. A good 1hr cardio done today in all.

10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Sod that why the hell do cleaners need to start that fcukin early? I mean there's no one there surely they could start later at the minute.madness.

Women have a great way of belittling anything you do.Today for example I have sorted all the rewiring on the static despite it being a right sweatbox,came in covered in sweat (nursing a head wound) and after explaining the days graft to the Mrs she said mmm .......fcukin mmm.

Don't know how you could be bothered to train after that early start I would have been asleep at my desk lol

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Your Mrs reaction confirms my suspicions in your journal.

The cleaners could certainly have started somewhere else and come over when I got in. Gits.

Ì was there. I had coffee. No excuses. Finally taking a day off today so no 18 days in a row

12. RAD

RAD Elite Member

A well deserved day off tbh.I was also a man of leisure today

Your suspicions may well be right she did look pissed off tbh.If you don't here from me for a couple of days you will know she's got a plan b

13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Ended out spending about £200 doing aldi, Asda, Dunelm... Mrs was on a spending spree, the garden is looking cool tho. I ended out baking some fvcking awesome chocolate cookies, used half a kilo of dark chocolate to make 12 fat biscuits. 6 of which were 'special' ones using some weed my mrs said was shit. I had one last night and have felt groggy all day LOL may mix one in with my son's batch.

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

A nice day off yesterday. A lot of shopping done, a lot of money spent but the garden is almost finished to the Mrs' liking. Not my best start o the day today as I cooked a mean batch of chocolate cookies, half of which were 'special' for the Mrs, I had one of them and slept like a log LOL. Got up, did a good 40min walk (just done another in fact) and headed off with the wife in tow.

A: Flat BB Bench: 15x20, 40, 60, 5x80, 90x17, 12, 10, 9/8?
    B: Cable Flyes: 30x23, 17, 15, 12
    C: Ext X Overs: 15s x23, 17, 13, 12
    D1: Barbell Skulls: 40x20, 15, 13, 11
    D2: Barbell Close: 40x7, 6, 4, 4

Interesting end to this sessions block. Ignored my ego and stayed on 90kg and chased more reps. The result was up and down, 2 sets up for a total of 3 reps, 1 even and 1 I can't remember as I forgot to log it but worst case was breaking even. Felt good, wide grip still and no obvious problems other than the usual impediments from my shoulders but nothing major. Flyes saw me get back to sensible weight and chasing more reps on the 30s, which was done without too much worry beyond the effort required on the final week, Following the trend tri ext stayed the same, 5kg an arm would have been silly to go up by but got another +3 res here. The final superset was all over the place, skull work was great, CG work saw me really struggle and was down on every set but clearly local fatigue was high today.

15. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Expensive day off you don't want to be doing many of them lol, cookies sound class half a kilo of chocolate ?!? They must have been huuuuge and adding some herbs in there as well,makes my cheese on toast look a bit sad now.

So you've been feeling groggy but slept like a log .......awesome lmao.

Looks like the wider grip is doing you some good