The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Gyms should open up in 2 weeks. I did see that about Portugal, weird one that, something's going on.

Mrs is just having a bad turn and being very snappy, Zach is being a teenager so she's taking everything he says in a teenage tone personally. Been a few days now, at least I'm back to work on Monday LOL

Just bumping head with Zach now as he's taken an hour+ bus trip to see a mate and doesn't get why I expect him home by a certain time, especially if I have to pick him up as he has no clue about planning the various buses he needs to get back

Got my 9am lay in this morning and hit the path for my 50min walk. Pancakes made for the others and headed off to work to train.

A: Incline Cable Fly - Deep: 15x10, 12x20, 10x30, 35x23, 16, 14, 12
B: Machine Press - high: 12x125, 155+ x15, 13, 11
C: Machine Press - close: 110x19, 15, 15, 14
D: Rope Extensions: 45x23, 19, 14
E: BB Pulley Shrugs: 70s x20, 17, 15

Shoulder area was very tight to start with this morning but it did seem to limber itself up OK after the 1st set. Worked up to a 5kg increase each side and held my ground very nicely on the first 3 sets before putting in the 4th. After a small hiccup on pressing last week I wondered how today would go after the extra work, but even with a small weight increase I managed to match the same reps so I'll take that, especially as they weren't grinders. Close grip work was very smooth and the shoulder was absolutely fine here, weight was up, 4 sets, no real idea how 2-4 stayed so close together reps wise. Rope ext also up and only lost a couple of reps on the last set and then some quick shrugs, just 3 sets as weight was up and reps were matched.

Weird indeed I think the problem could be that Portugal didn't really get caught up in the hysteria of it all and now things are really relaxed over here especially in the villages,no PPE,no social distancing everything is pretty normal the cities still have face masks for shops etc.I really think the UK govt didn't want people to see how it is over here or it would cause a shit storm when they got back.

Sweden didn't even go into lockdown and surprise surprise they aren't on the list as well................makes you think there's more to this.

Mrs taking a bad turn and a mouthy teenager that's a recipe for disaster right there.....hard hat on dude.Hope it calms down.

Not good the shoulder is feeling tight are you not doing the mobility stuff?

You could be right about Portugal.... it would highlight how much we have fvcked up. TBH, this year has just blown my mind as to how stupid, selfish, intolerant and irresponsible people at all levels are, and the yanks take it to another level.

Mrs angst is magnified due to the dobbler thing on Monday, she's been on my case about getting out of work in case she gets rushed to hospital.... she's not got notably worse in a short period of time and had this issue for 4-5 years so not sure why she thinks they'll find something in one test that requires rushing to hospital for a life and death discovery.

Shoulder always gets worse at this point in a training cycle, but I may try nd get a fresh pair of physio eyes on it just in case because it really isn't doing much long term, but on the +ve side it's not getting worse either, it just tightens up when I near maximal volume and intensities in my training blocks

Got my 50min morning walk in lovely sunshine this morning, gave me some time to get my head around what I can improvise with for my leg session this morning.

A: Roller Wall Squats: 10xBW, x12.5s, x20s, 30s x14, 11, 10, 10
B: Leg Extensions: 175x21, 17, 14
C: Seated Calf Press - IN: 131+ x22, 19, 17, 15
D: Upright Rows - Cable: 20s x20, 17, 15, 13

The good news to day was that my squat plan seemed to work, the down side is the 30s are the heaviest DBs we have, however, on the plus, 1 more session, then deload then gym will be open so it shouldn't be a long term issue. Anyway, I digress, this squat variation was decent. Using the roller meant I could get my feet nicely in front of me and get a good quad focus on the exercise and it seemed to do the job. Extensions were up just because I figured I'd be less fatigued so should be good for it and was probably hitting the sort of reps I would have hoped for anyway so all good so far, net gain of 1 rep on these. Calf work certainly seemed to benefit from less exhaustion, extra weight and good reps. Wrapped up with some upright rows and went up a weight on these too and went for the 4 sets to get the work in.

Is the Doppler thing to check leg pulse or something? I am sure my mam has had that done.bht if she's got that on her mind I am not surprised she's up a height, anxiety running rampant visioning worst possible scenario etc.

Could be worth having someone have a look at the shoulder if it seems to tighten like you say ,I was getting back pumps and a bit tightness for a while before it finally went tits up.

Like the improvisation on legs, right what would you do if you couldn't squat at all and not to do any movement that involves pushing upwards from a bent leg position?

This is the bloody dilemma I have with leg training need to find something that doesn't hit my lower back whatsoever

The belt squat that I have just started doing doesn't load the lower back whatsoever, other than that I am not too sure.

Your description of the doppler is correct AFAIK, doesn't seem like it flagged anything and the current thinking is nerve damage in her legs

1st aid training today so for the first time since I started my cardio I had to ditch my morning walk (I did cycle to work then walk most of the way back so still covered about 45-50mins over the day). My late arrival for 1st aid was made worse by my boys tardiness, horrendous traffic (road works more so that rush hour) and 15mph learners. The training itself didn't drag too much on day 1 so got my session in afterwards.

A: Cable BB Rows: 20x20s, 15x30s, 10x40s, 50s x17, 15, 13, 12
B: V Bar Pull Downs: 125+ x22, 16, 13
C: Cable BB Drag Curls: 20s x19, 17, 15, 14
D: Spider Hammer DB Curls: 15s x19, 15, 14?
E: Incline Cable Press: 15x35s, 45s x20, 16, 13

Upped the rowing weight this afternoon and somehow had no real issue banging out more reps with it too, still opted to do a 4th set too. Kept VPD on the same weight (didn't want to get greedy) and got 3 more true and good reps out. Same weight for my curls too but really focused on the quality of the work here and was up a couple of reps before doing the 4th set. Went up on spider curls, certainly knew about the weight jump here which cost me some reps, would have done a 4th set ordinarily to make it up but I had done the extra work previously so I saved that for next week. Finally one of my new favourites for the chest on the pulleys. Good few extra reps out here too which I wasn't expecting and all feeling good on the shoulder today.

Good news on the dopler result she might relax a bit now...........I did say might lol.

Might give them belt squats a go a bit later on once things calm down cheers.

1st aid training does all the staff get that or is it only a few nominated first aiders?

So is your place open now ?

Knowing her heart is OK is calming her down a bit (her Dad died young of a heart attack altho he was unhealthy).

We all do 1st aid but only a few of us where due, 6, so it was all quick and easy.

We opened at the weekend but only for outdoor tennis, my first proper shift is tomorrow morning, rain is forecast so we'll be dead so may as well have not bothered LOL

Another cardio less start to the day but again I cycled in to work and walked most of the way back so my time has just about been covered still, even got rained on for my troubles. Course wrapped up today, fitted my session in in 2 stints as I rattled out the exam in 20 mins so had 40 to kill, got hammies done, then went back for the sign off and returned for calves etc afterwards, which wasn't long.

A: Pulley GMs: 20x35s, 12x50s, 15x60s, 75s x21, 21, 20, 19
B: Seated Ham Curl: 205x20, 14, 11...195x11
C: Calf Press - toes out: 143x21, 18, 16, 14
D: Wrist Curls - Bar: 20s x20, 15, 14, 13

Final week of this training cycle begins and annoying I had to rethink my final week of GM due to having no BB to use this week. So back on the pulley that I had used for SL work earlier in lockdown, not ideal, no time to much about finding a way to load more weight in either (I would have done were this wk 1). A slightly awkward set up etc but got it to work and hit some back pumping rep ranges. Ham curls went up on this final eek with 4 sets targeted. These were strong and felt good but as reps dropped it seemed prudent to drop a pin on the last set. Once I got back in for calves I had hadn't been gone long enough to need warming up so got straight in with the planned weight increase, hit reps quite nicely, helped by the longer rest, but felt good, not the best shoes tho. And an easy finish for forearms, upped the weight an dot nice reps there.

Reactions: NM1
At least she's getting some good news for once

It does sound as if your place should have just stayed shut lol,so is it just outdoor activities that people can do?

Shifting some serious weight on them gms I don't know how the hell you can do them my spine would rip out of my body like predator.Did wonder what the rubber mat behind the head was for before you started LOL.

Yeah, her mind is eased but I'm sure there'll soon be something else.

For the sake of couple of weeks and getting people back in the routine it's probably no bad thing. Wet and quiet today tho.

GMs work better for me if I don't go too low (horizontal), but still getting about 90deg at the hip seems fine

Early shift at work today so made the most of my 20mins of cardio in to work and will give myself half an hours worth when I leave too. Did manage to chuck in a session just now tho as the Mrs didn't seem keen to come up here later. Pump was great even with being low on carbs and flat.

A: Machine Bench - lower: 20x65, 15x95, 10x125, 170x21, 13, 11.... 155x12
B: Cable Flyes #15 : 35s x19, 15, 13, 13
C: Ext X Overs: 20s x17, 11... 15s x15, 11
D1: Barbell Skulls: 20s x23... 25s x13, 12, 123
D2: Barbell Close: 20s x17... 25s x8, 5, 7
E: Handle Shrugs: 70s x21, 17, 14, 13

All moved well today and started well with the shoulder behaving fairly well. Upped the benching weight and smashed the reps from last cycle, 3 good sets then seemed prudent to drop down to stay in range. Flyes stayed the same weight wise, 3 reps for the good after 3 sets but also did a 4th too and felt fine. Ext Xs felt the occasional shoulder twinge but essentially fine, only 1 rep better before doing the 4th set (which I missed last week). Switching my SS to the pulley was cracking, even tho I had no choice, this set up worked really well, 1st set flew so went heavier after that and soon started dropping reps but all good and the tricep focus on this was huge. Then the usual shrugs to finish (and a quick ponce).

So no one showed up......that's the public for you piss and moan nowheres open then when it is no show.

Good God that's some weight on cables flys would have ripped my pecs off.......crazy dude.

Love that bar you use on the cables when your gym opens Nick that and send it over here.

Looking good and ripped..... you gotta be happy with that.

Back