The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

The penultimate session of this block and it's a quad session. Got my 5k in this morning after gorging on homemade cheese cake last night (bit of improv as the base was made with smashed coco hoops with PB and coconut oil, topping was cream cheese, ricotta, scoop of whey, table spoon of cocoa, some icing sugar and 100g of melted chocolate). I have just found out tho that my hope of putting off the bed build until half term is unlikely to happen as they are threatening to deliver the mattress tomorrow (I was hoping Monday) - there is no way I'll get away leaving it another 10 days if it's all sitting there ready to go - I wouldn't mind but it's not like it will get christened anytime soon either due to the pain the Mrs is in.

A: Smith Squats: 10xbar, x50, 70, 85x21, 16, 12, 10
    B: Leg Extensions: 65x20, 15, 13, 12
    C: Hack Calves: 80x22, 17, 16, 16
    D: Calf Press: Myoreps 115x20 + 5x5
    E: Upright Rows - Cable: Myoreps 20s x20 +5x5

Back pumps gave me what for again even using the smith but it was a solid enough outing. Up a smidge in weight and also up in reps, and I reckon there was some improvement in my shoulder reaching the bar too for once. Dragged myself up the stairs and hit leg extensions, upped the weight here too and didn't drop a rep, pretty content that form was solid as well. In fact I was +1 before tagging on the 4th set. Hack calves were interesting, ankle relatively well behaved and reps were really good, 3 up on 2 days ago. Back up stairs for some myoreps on the calf press, misloaded (as I did the other week not realising the extra pin had been slid across) but stuck with it this time and didn't miss a beat matching rep for rep. Wrapped the session up with upright rows, these felt much better than last week, shoulder moving nicely, reps up a couple and got the myoreps out well.

2. RAD

RAD Elite Member

When she finally gets the op she will not know herself,you never know she might be a different woman especially as she won't not be in constant pain.

I need a friend who's a physio just to keep me going LOL.

Cheesecake sounds well nice, good news on the bed if all goes well tomorrow night you could be stretched out on a massive mattress that feels like a cloud.

Or if it all goes tits up you'll be lying on a hard floor getting shouted at.

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I'm suspecting the latter.... what I am sure of is that come Monday it won't all be stacked up against the wall waiting to be done at half term. Looks like my last peak session will have to wait til Sunday

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Mattress just got delivered, it's fvcking huge and not vacuum packed, there is no way I'll get past the weekend not having put it all together

5. RAD

RAD Elite Member

The bed build is on..I bet the mattress weighs a ton we have a orthopedic one I think it's called that because when you try to lift the fucker you need a surgeon to replace your spine.

So have you built it yet or is that tomorrow's job?

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Fvck me, what a weekend. As I suspected, I got home Friday afternoon and before we headed out shopping I was pre-warned that what I was anticipating was going to happen. What made me laugh was that I got up before everyone Saturday morning, did my walk, ate, was about to get started and the Mrs said "are we going to the gym", obviously I said, err, what? no, I have 3 beds to relocate and build"... "so you just watched me get changed in to my gym kit!!! Thanks!"... FFS I just thought she was getting changed in to something suitable for all the work we (I) had lined up today LOL. Anyway, other that it started well, taking our old bed apart was a piece of pi55 other than the odd awkward angle on my shoulder. Started at ~11 and by 12 his bed was out and our old bed was up in his room with minimal moaning at for where I was putting things.

Phase 2 was interesting, I'd downloaded the pdf instructions for our bed, which weren't exactly correct but not so bad I couldn't figure it out. When I opened the last box, bingo, the actual up to date instructions (we don't have the space for me t have opened all 3 boxes and lined everything up) I realised a couple of things had been done wrong but thankfully nothing major and they were just 10-12 min jobs to rectify at worse - I should note in the middle of this I had to make everyone lunch! - but now I had the correct instructions I was flying alone and by about 4pm I had the bed fully built, and it was fvcking huge. Just phase 3 to go.

Phase 3 nearly ended me, spiritually, physically and psychologically. The mattress did not want to go up the stairs and got firmly wedged around half way up, it was going nowhere and the really useful tips from the other half about how I 'just need to pull it up!' and laughing at my resignation on how I was going to proceed did nothing to help either. Pictures were falling off the wall. In the end I dragged it back down and outside... it was raining now, great! My plan here was to squash the fvcker and tie it up with rope, but my rope was gone so in the end I used my gyms chains and a bungy. This would have been a great plan had the plastic wrap now not got soaking wet and slippery nut nonetheless 30min later the mattress was up the stairs, I was thoroughly pi55ed off, exhausted, hurting everywhere, relieved I hadn't scraped the fvck out of my lockdown paint work with the chains and then came the question of the night.... "what are we having for tea?" So I made pizza and chips, homemade, from sctratch.

BUT.... it is done, and it's looks great, mattress is epically comfortable, she is so far away from me on it I can't hear her snore LOL. Spent another £100 today to 'dress' the room, but all the stuff I ordered on line without being able to touch and see it turned out great too.

After all that I can't say I was looking forwards to today's session in the gym, but it is the last one of the block and now I can deload for 10 days, but I haven't trained since Thursday so it feels odd.

A: Cable Handle Rows: 15x20s, 14x30s, 10x35s, 40s x21, 18, 15, 13
    B: V Bar Pull Downs: 140x19, 14, 13, 11
    C: Inc Curls: 15s x22, 16, 12, 10
    D: Drag Curls: 20s x22, 19, 19, 15
    E: Incline Cable Bar Press: 55x22, 15, 13, 10

Despite all my aches and pains from yesterday rows started off nicely, good tech on these and hit the lats hard, up a few reps. Rests were short today as the mrs was in a fvcker of a mood, as a result VPD were tough, reps dropped a bit (yesterday no doubt not helping either) but also last week I did LPD not VPD. Anyway, the feel was good the work was solid and the extra set made sure volume was on point. Forgot to log my last set of inc curls but IIRC I was only 1 rep up on all sets, altho I might have done another on the last (I don't think I did), nicely dialled in reps tho. Drag curls were interesting, dug deep to get some random extras out but then seemed to die on the last extra set. Last exercise was the inc BB press on the pully. These do feel good, tension stays locked in. Weight was up after having to swap exercises last week but smashed out a strong set 1 and some steady sets after. Really feel done in and ready for a deload, but I know it's not entirely down to the training today.

7. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Jesus dude that's some weekend you've put in there...I thought that I was the only one that things just escalate out of control on.The battle with the mattress brought back memories LOL.I reckon it should be a strong man event getting a mattress up the stairs especially in that God damn plastic which makes it impossible to get a decent grip.

Enjoy the 10 day deload you've grafted for it

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

It nearly had me in tears.... after having built everything the thought of being hung out to dry with the key part really pissed me off.

I've since discovered that the weight of the mattress means the ottoman style won't stay elevated but if I prop it up it twists the frame.... FML

9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

But is it comfy?

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Epic-ly so. Worth every penny and every pain it took to get up there. Chopped down a piece of 1x2 to use as a prop either side of the bed this morning too so not I can get under without fvcking the bedframe up - altho it meant I forgot to empty the washing machine so the Mrs was in full attack mode when she walked in just before I left for work, even tho I had made their tea, and last night I made their tea, and my son's breakfast and his packed lunch, and the day before I made tea and prepped my son breakfast and lunch, and the day before I made lunch and tea and spent 7hr building beds... but you know, I'm lazy and selfish like that LOL

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Deload day 1.... been a long 60 days between deloads this time not having done my lockdown runs of 20+ days straight LOL Got my 5k walk in with my son calling me cos his contactless card won't work on the bus and they don't have chip and pin FFS, no idea what that's about. It's a new card cos his old one stopped working so all very odd. Wasn't a quick session as I was chatting to Brock Steel (MT member) for a bit and being a deload was happy to wait for kit rather than get on with it.

A: Barbell GMs: 10x20, 10x60, 90x9, 9
    B: Seated Ham Curl: 75x20, 13
    C: Cable Calves: 80s x15, 13
    D: Seated Calves: 45x14 +Myoreps 5x5 reps
    E: Wrist Curls - Bar: #12x20, 14

Cruised through it all simply enough. I did change up GMs a bit, much fuller ROM therefore less weight, less shoulder discomfort and all felt solid. Pushed seated curls little more that I would have done but reps came no worries and nicely within myself. Same with cable calves, pushed myself but not excessively. Seated calf activation was easy but I did keep the rests brief on the myoreps and kept in the seated stretch position so these quickly got harder than they maybe should be and finished with a forearm burn out.

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Should have added... 98.4kg this morning, no notable loss in condition

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

You forgot about the washing machine ...... that's a unforgivable sin LOL.

The bed sounds awesome especially the bit about a vast space between you and her snoring I might look into one of these beds myself.

Weight seems to be on the up but if your holding condition that has to have you well pleased.

How's this covid thing going is it looking like the gym is going to close again?

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

The Mrs was clearly having a bad day but it was like she literally went to check as soon as she walked in so she could have a go rather than say anything pleasant LOL

Yeah, if I can hold anything around 100kg by next summer and be close to the condition I have hit this year I will take that.

Locally we should scrape thru any major lockdown measures it just depends if they take national measures. Our area is quite good altho towns near by aren't great, and immediately local fluxes could arguably be put down to students not local population

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Chucked in a quick session just now as the work gym wasn't too busy for a half hour so rattled my deload session out nice and quick... ready to get drenched on my bike ride home later.

A: Cable Flat Press: 15x25s, 35s, 10x45s, 50s x13, 11
    B1: Cable Flyes Flat : 30s x14, 12
    B2: Press Ups: BW x12, 12
    C: Pulley Skulls: 30s x20, 14
    D: Ext X Overs: 10s x14, 14
    E: Spider Curls: 15s x15 + myorep 5, 4 , 3, 2, 2

Odd start, look at what I finished on clearly my head wasn't quite in the game as another 5 reps should ion theory have still been easy but it wasn't feeling like it was there. All good tho. Flyes and press ups supersets were smooth and easy making up reps while still being easy. Same with skulls, just enough to get the pump going. X ext were easy and shoulder having no bother at all.... messed up on the spider curls, did regular curls instead but no harm done.... plus some poor lad had been waiting for the bench I'd been hogging most of the time he was there.