The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Your 30yrs experience count for nothing your forgetting that now he has done one session he knows more about training than Joe Weider.

Despite it being bloody freezing I bet your glad the racks are back especially now that these lockdowns are back in play.

What's the Mrs getting blood tests for? Is it for her upcoming op?

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

He's a classic teenage know it all. Can't get a third of the way in to a sentence and he's all "yeah yeah I know" to then not know.

My niggles do prefer less free weight work if I'm honest so I've not missed it per se but yeah nice to have the option when I want it.

She gets bloods all the time with her various conditions and meds she's on.

Just had 40 mins of Zach finally coming out of his room to talk compete bullshit about various social media people and their followers. Just verbal diarrhea about something I could not care less about if I tried lol then trying to explain why he won't cycle to school dispute me saying I'd pay him when he asked for an allowance... It's cold and the bike he has isn't cook enough. Fine, he just won't get any money unless he can come up with a way to earn it

3. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I see your getting into the machines are the way forward mindset,you know the only free weight exercise I do is db pullovers and that's it and I have to admit since using machines my injuries are virtually non existent and tbh I am getting better results.

Does she not get sick of getting tests all the time?

So he wants cash but doesn't want to work for it sounds like a few people I know over there they are over the moon to be furloughed tbh.

If his bike isn't cool enough surely he could use the money he makes cycling to school to buy something more flashy bet that would fall on deaf ears as well LOL.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I'm certainly appreciating the benefits of machines... Just as well as my choices are limited while in lockdown.

I think the Mrs has got use to it now. Just part of her life. With the pressure the NHS is under there hasn't been as many visits this last year but it also means we're getting nowhere.

I dont get him TBH. He seems to keep expecting something for nothing but you cannot talk or reason with him. Once he hears no or or you suggest a plan of action he dismisses the topic. Like the Mrs it's the way he wants it or he switched off and ends the conversation.

5. RAD

RAD Elite Member

He's his mother's son lol unfortunately he's going to find out that's not the way the world works,is he still loved up or has it crashed and burned?

So is it looking like her op is going to be put back again?

I am still keeping my eye out for a leg press but it might be a toss up between one of them or a ps5 unless we sell another static but at the minute that's proving difficult

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

He bloody is, far too much alike those 2 to give me any semblance of a peaceful life. He's already blown his £75 xmas money despite me warning him he'll need some for game passes etc, sure enough it expired today and he has no money but doesn't understand why we are anxious after all the BS with TH and his debts when he's so thoughtless with his spending. Still loved up, as much as he can be from a distance. I dropped him off to see her yesterday, he had about 40moins while they walked her dogs then I was picking him up again LOL

Not even had a 1st date for her op yet let alone had it postponed. She'll be very lucky to get it done this year now.

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

This morning was spent getting stuff in order ready for a p.m trip to the gym with my son. 5k walk done, got some work done, got my cooking done, got everyone's lunch done, got my wife set up for her online learning for work (then when I got back did the actual test for her as she was having a meltdown over it LOL). Hit the gym about 2 and got my boy doing some DLs. He's starting to think he knows how to do everything because he's seen me do it in IG etc, TBF he's not bad but trying to explain it's not as simple as copy what I do is a challenge with a know-it-all teen.

A: Lat Pull Down: 12x50, x80, 125+ x25, 18, 15
    B: Seated Row - Bar: 125x20, 17, 15
    C: Cable EZ Curls: 20s x24, 19, 15
    D: Free Cable Curls: per side 25s x17, 15, 13
    E: Machine Press: 155x22, 22 (15+4+3), 122 (11+5+4+2)

LPD despite a tight shoulder (showing my son how the OHP machine works was no fun at all) saw a large rep jump,+5 no worries. Seated rows were also pretty solid +4 here. EZ curls were up +6 and felt positively easy so no idea what was going here. Free curls just up 4, almost disappointing LOL RP work on pressing to finish was brutal

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Forgot to say, my AJ4s rocked up today... fucking sexy they are

9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

When he actually has to work for cash his attitude might change......I did say might LOL.At least he's trying to keep his relationship alive aaah the path of true love is littered with obstacles.

I was thinking your Mrs would probably end up waiting another bloody year now but you never know.

A couple more sessions with the little dude and he'll be talking about entering a comp lol.

New trainers and no pic what's going on.

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Little man seems quite competent in the gym which has surprised me

11. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Now I am liking them no good for me though I would wear them for work and they'd be knacked in a week.

Do you think he will keep this up? Be good if he did plus I bet you him don't get to spend much quality together these days.

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Well I now have a dozen pairs of jordans alone so the rotation should see them last me a while. Not an easy or common colour way to get hold of and for £100 in damn good nick I'm happy with that. Leather too rather than suede/nubuck so should withstand conditions better.

It's looking good with the lad TBH, Mrs had planned him twice a week with me and he then asked me if he could do 3 as 2 doesn't feel like enough. We can only do it during the lockdown and I think he's keen to make hay while the sun shines so to speak. Considering out uncoordinated he is he seems to take to it fairly well... and yes, we get no quality time together, and even when we do get some time at home he talks so much crap, about so stuff I couldn't be less interested in it's hard to properly engage, plus he picks his time to do this at around 11 at night when I'm in no mood for such intense rubbish LOL

13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Usual start to the day. 5k done. Breakfasts done. Vacuuming done. Mrs and I headed off around 11ish

A: Deficit SLDL: 10x20, 60, 100, 125x19, 15, 12
    B: Seated Hamstring Curls: 195x23, 15, 13
    C: Belt Calves: 75x21, 16, 15
    D: Press Calf: 120+ x18 + myoreps 5x5
    E: Cable Grip Curls: 25x21, 21 (16+5), 21 (14+5+2)

Nearly talked myself into 130 on the SL work but settled on 125 still and the ugly task of chasing some reps. Which I did, 4 reps up but can't lie, had to work for them even keeping a some RIR still. Seated Ham work also was no walk in the park, 2 up and knew about it. Same story with calves on the cables. I guess being 2 months in to cruising numbers won't go up quickly, but a gain is a gain and I was up 2 here. An extra rep the activation set on myoreps and a solid 5x5 after that was good going. Grip curls had a 21 rep target after set 1 and the RP work was intense but on point to get there.

14. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I have 3 pairs of footwear one is my reebok trainers,one my dewalt work boots and the other is my dewalt riggers LOL.

It is good to see you and the little dude have finally found some common ground and he does seem keen so hope it continues for you both.His late night chats sounds a lot like when my Mrs talks about horses she tends to wait till I am watching something before letting loose with a whole host of stuff that I have no clue about not that it stops her though.

Calf's must have been burning after that