The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

His late night chat last night was about her staying over and in his room... Gotta love his effort

Usual start to the day, managed to beat the rain this morning then headed off with the ball and chain. Odd session as it didn't really feel great but on paper it seems legit

A: Incline BB Press: 10x20, x40, x60, 70x15, 11, 11
B: Incline Cable Fly: 30s x21, 16, 14
C: Free Cable Push Down: 45s x23, 18, 16
D: EZ Bar PD: 35s x25, 25 (20+5), 25 (16+5+4)
E: DB Curl: Myoreps 15s x21 + 5x5

Benching not bad on the shoulder but still tight as per... up 4 good reps, not really any TnG reps today. Flyes up 3 reps and shoulders settled quite well with these. Cable PDs were good for +3 reps. EZ work was odd, not 100% the extra weight was needed even tho I got more reps out, balance seemed off but tris certainly worked hard by the end and could feel those RP reps. Bicep work felt good, seemed to rep these out solidly and the activation set was up 2.

Now what harm could him having his lass in his bedroom do.......I can imagine how your Mrs would take that LOL.

Sounds like you've just had one of them days where you just feel flat as fcuk.

I think free weight chest work with my shoulder not ever willing to play ball just means I lack enthusiasm and aggression for the sessions.

Mrs isn't ready for a repeat of TH....

Another day where I beat the rain. Got my walk in, fed everyone, hit the gym with the Mrs, then did the shopping (on my own as she's shielding and saved ~£50), then got home and packed it away then back to the gym with my son (got him benching this time), home via the chippy, waiting 15mins in the freezing cold to find out they were out of fried chicken so got what I could then off to another chippy, finally getting to sit down now at 7pm.

A: Cyclist Squats: 10x20, 10x40, 10x60, 80x17, 13, 12
B: Belt Squats: 75x19, 15, 13
C: Calf Press: 120x22, 18, 16
D: Belt Calves: Myoreps 75x18 + 5x5
E: Upright Rows - EZ Cable: Myoreps 25s x17 + 5x5

Playing around with getting a stable angle platform for these cyclist squats, almost nailed it today. Good session tho, 5 reps up over all and felt on point. Followed this up with +3 on belt squats, pretty smooth reps here too. Calf press was +3 on the opening two sets then even on the last, feeling good about the tech and form on these ATM. Also +2 on the activation set of belted myorep work with the 5x5 feeling solid. IIRC I questioned the weight on Uprights last week but it seemed much better today, only stalling towards the end of the 5x5 work.

Your shoulder giving you jip again? Or is it like me with the knee you don't want to push it to far incase it goes again?.

How was he with benching?

You should be approaching blast time soon.

Shoulder never clears up, day to day it is OK it just clearly doesn't like benching. It can't be it tho, this cannot be how it will now be for the rest of my life so I may try and seek physio again once lockdown is all over. It's no big deal day to day but there must be something to get better mobility or less pain.

His benching was a bit wobbly but it started coming together. This week IIRC he squatted 40 (don't think he went heavier), DL 60 for 10, 8, 5 reps and benched 40 for about 8 each set. No real max work but when I could see his form wobbling I made him stop the set. He pushed harder (willingly so) on the machine work we did. Form obviously isn't perfect but there isn't much I need to correct on him. But he does stop and chat between each rep rather than set LOL

Blast is due. Ordered the extra I need but could start today if I want to with what I already have... I never like to start until I know I have everything tho. Test, Mast, Deca and Var this time I think

Didn't think the gym was on the cards today from the way the Mrs was talking yesterday so as it was pi55ing it down when I got up I had a bit of lie in, got up at 9, rain was easing so got in a damp 4k rather than 5. Sorted everyone's breakfast out and the Mrs was dressed for the gym so figured I'd not miss the chance.

A: B/O DB Rows: 15x12.5s, 12x17.5s, 25s x21, 18, 13
B: V Bar Pull Downs: 125+x19, 14, 12
C: Inc Curls: 15s x20, 16, 13
D: Drag Curls - EZ: 20s x22, 21, 18
E: Incline OH Press: 80+ x25, 25 (18+7), 25 (12+7+6)

Got myself off to a decent start getting +5 reps out on my DB rows. VPDs were tough last week so I was pleased to be up a rep on each set this time round without a great deal of bother. Inc curls saw me grind out +3 reps, each set started off strong enough giving me visions of greater volume but fatigue played a part is making sure things were kept more realistic. Drag curls were the surprise of the day, +6 reps done here, 22 followed by 21 was a true shocker. OH pressing was also a pleasant outcome. Worth noting shoulder wasn't so bad on these this week, 25 on the first set and then RPed the remaining sets to match the reps. Felt it all the right places.

It says something when I had done my session but was willing to drive across town with him just so he could do some of his own (essential journey obviously LOL)... he seems quite in to it right now

Certainly need that shoulder looking at have you tried a wider grip on benching?

He's moving some good weight there when you consider he's never lifted before if he starts out lifting us I hope you'll do the right thing and stop training him lol,looks like he's starting to get the bug though...........talking between reps LOL.

So the Mrs was keen to get training this is starting into a family thing now.

That blast makes mine look shit LMAO I am starting on mine tomorrow and I am expecting great things

I spent a fortune getting it looked at the other year by a very good and reputable physio (worked with Olympians etc) and he improved it no end but did reach a point where he said it doesn't matter how much more money I give him and time he spends on it it was never likely to improve beyond what he had done. It's not really got worse from that point, sure I have bad days but in general it's not regressed. Tried every grip variation going. Just might be worth seeing someone who may have a different idea or approach for a few weeks.

Realisation hit my son today, he doesn't like squats cos they hurt, mainly he's experiencing the joys of the bar over your back and spine when you have no muscle mass for cushioning. And like most you see today, he soon stops to text or phone someone LOL

Wouldn't say the Mrs was keen, but she was ready, I think she lost track of what day it was. Plus she claimed she'd been every day that week the previous day and didn't like it when I said "even the day you had the Drs and the day I went with Zach?"

This is my 10th week cruising (altho I count as soon as my blast ends when realistically I still have 2-3 weeks where blood levels are still up a blast levels) so I am due. Should be a go next weekend.

Took a while to get rolling today. I was up, as per, to get my 5k in. I knew my boy wasn't looking at an a.m. session so I had breakfast, prepped my artisan bread mix so it could proof all day ready for the fvcking awesome pizzas I just made. Had lunch and hit our session around 2:30 or so.

A: Barbell GMs ROM: 10x20, 10x40, 8x60, 85x17, 14, 12, 11
B: Seated Ham Curl: 195x25, 17, 14
C: Belt Calves: 75s x22, 18, 16, 15?
D: Press Calves: Myoreps 120+ x19 +5x5
E: Wrist Curls - Bar: 35x25, 25 (15+6+4), 25 (13+7+5), 25 (12+7+4+2)

The joys of wk 5 means some 4 setter have to work their way in and today it was GMs up. I even upped the weight a bit, got a strong 1st set out, dropped a rep on each of the next 2 sets (with the extra load I wasn't too fussed) but the last set held it's own pretty well. ad to work on seat ham work but eeked out an extra rep on each set. Belted calf work was just up +2 on the opening 3 sets, I forgot to log my 4th set but IIRC is faired well for 15. Myprep work was just the +1 on the activation set but I moved over a bit quicker than I thought but did alright. Wrist curls could maybe have not worried about the 4 sets but I did, This did mean by the last set RP was a grind to keep reps up at 25s, but that was the nature of the work.

Yeah I remember when you had it looked at by another physio he seemed to get really good results but like you say it looks like it's reached a point where it just isn't getting any better.A lot like my knee tbh I had settled on it being as good as it gets but when I took everything back to basics and started from there it just got better and better and now it's the best it's ever been.

I suppose a knee is a lot more straight forward than a shoulder as it only basically moves in one direction but definitely worth a second opinion as it shouldn't be impossible to fix.

I can't say anything about the little dude not liking squats they fcukin kill me lol although I would be telling him to turn his sodding phone off whilst training as Arnold said no distractions.

Dude your not supposed to point things out to your Mrs it doesn't matter if it's true,that's like swimming with sharks in a pair of meat underpants and not expecting to be savaged.

I started my blast tonight just with test e I haven't progressed to mixing it up with all sorts of lovely stuff yet but it's a start LOL.

Another good session there dude I don't know about you but I always feel like I am just treading water until the next blast life was so much easier when I was natty LMAO

Shoulders just have so much going on structurally. It's just a bloody nuisance.

I've seen one of those squat bar pads at work so I'll dig that out next time for him and see how he goes.

I don't know what you are on about, my mrs loves it when I correct her or point out her wrongs.

Cruising is just damage control... there's always about 4 weeks between ending a blast and blood levels dropping to the point where you aren't really getting anything out of it so my longer cruises do tend to hit a point where not going backwards is a bonus. Should be firing on all cylinder after this weekend tho

Back