The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I bet working with honey badgers is a bloody scary job lol.

I think we are (unfortunately) the type of people who have to fight tooth and nail to get by in life.As long as I can pay my bills and have a little bit so we can buy things we want I am happy tbh which is just as well because that's how it's panning out LOL.

It is shit about the car though just because your Mrs tries to do things should in no way give them a excuse to penalise her for it.

I certainly hear you on investments it's a lot like gambling basically only invest what you can afford to loose fcukin no good to me at all.

I take it you meant big losses instead of big kisses unless you know of some new way of investing......now that I could be interested in.LOL.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

He seemed more worried about homey badgers than cheetahs so that say something I guess.

My problem is I'm just not career or financially driven so long as I can be secure in the moment. I don't know why, well I kind of do, but my family were quite well off..... ready for a life story.... My Dad owned (not ran, but owned) the largest, IIRC, privately run Renault dealership in the country (my Grandad started it). So for my entire childhood I was a spoilt rich kid... big houses, fancy cars and holidays etc etc but I think with a rather unceremonious divorce which I struggled with due to the spitefulness between families and step families I think I just never saw it as being something worth having for a happy life (whereas others live without and struggle have a huge drive to then have what my lot had). When my dad and his brother then had a big bust up just as I was finishing Uni to 'prove' my worth in the family business resulting in my Uncle buying my Dad out I was left in limbo after 20 yrs of essentially having my life mapped out and just thought fvck it... I'd proven myself in a field I wasn't really in to just so I could take over the trade which now wasn't there and I had an education that now didn't suit my goals. I'd not even had the chance to work there like my older step brothers did (who could at least take their work experience on with them) so I really was at a dead end. To add insult a couple of unsuccessful ventures by my Dad cost my dad a lot of his selling up money, one with my step brother (just to really rub it in) resulted in them having to sell up but bizarrely my Dad buying my step brother out and an outrageous cost to himself and I soon started to see with the step family politics I was always going to get screwed so just settled on doing what I could to be drama and stress free (fvcked up there LOL). My cousins took over the family business when my Uncle died... both are divorced but both are minted as they fvcking sold most of it up. Race horses, Ferraris, Newmarket mansions is how they live, but don't see their kids who live 100miles away with their mother etc, 1 I think doesn't even speak to them. But I don't talk to them either, I'd tried building bridges but it was all 1 way traffic.

I have it on good authority there is a trust for us all but if my dad goes before my step mum I don't envisage it (mine and my sisters) being here once she goes, but who knows.

Bit miffed about the mobility, like you say, you make the effort you get stiffed. But I'll keep saving and replace the CRV possibly even later this year who knows.

Was doing some simple research last night and £1k is hardly worth putting in as ISA either, might turn £1k in to a 200 profit in 10 years may be... pah. I could sell kisses, there's a few old ladies down my street who like my summer topless walks and now I'm vaccinated I could rake some coin in there

spearman likes this.
  3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Crazy warm today, 15deg and quite muggy. Got my 5.5k in. Did my cooking and dragged the boy out of bed to join me down the gym. He actually did something today too, just some weights machines but that's fine.

A: Leg Press: 14x63, 12x97, 10x131, 154+ x19, 15, 13
    B: Leg Extension: 165x17, 15, 12
    C: Calf Press: 120x20, 17, 15
    D: Belt Calf: 75x17+ myoreps 5x5
    E: Dumbbell SLRs: 7s x30 + myoreps 5x5

Got thru it all quite swiftly today. Pressing started off nicely, strong first set keeping the tension locked in made the next 2 tough work but all good. Leg exts were nicely focussed, not the heaviest I've done but nicely dialled in and quads certainly felt it. Calf press had another strong start which, as before, made the next 2 sets a little more grounding. Belted myorep work felt good, felt like I was getting full tech requirements met well. Little switcheroo for SLRs and tried some DBs. Been doing frequent shoulder mobility stuff during the day which seemed to set these up better than usual.

4. RAD

RAD Elite Member

That's some come down you've been through especially when everything was there ready for you to step into then suddenly the rug gets pulled and your left swinging in the breeze.Whoever said that family, friends and business don't mix got it bloody spot on.Thing is though the vast majority of people who succeed in business are to be frank heartless bastards who don't care who they fcuk over on their way to the top.So it could have been a blessing in disguise.

I am a lot like yourself I am not driven by money or having a flashy career I just do a honest days graft for a a honest days pay.A lot of people look at what we have over here and think we are minted and have it good, don't get me wrong I love what we have achieved but what people don't see is the work we put in I constantly work 7 days a week with very little time off and the work just seems never ending.

I had a serious chat with the Mrs not to long ago and said I can't keep this up for much longer thankfully though we might have sold the last two plots so now we are full and I worked it out that by the end of this year I should be done.Now only got get the new house renovated and we can actually move off and put a manager in so I can finally retire.

Certainly feel for you about the car just another case of those who deserve the help not getting it.....it's totally fcuked up.

Exactly I reckon you should be a gigolo you'll soon be coining it in...it's always said invest in yourself and you can't go wrong.

So your training partner actually showed up for this one on a weekend as well

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd have been cut out for firings and disciplines etc... but they I could have sold it for the millions my cousins did (we owned the land not just the business buildings in half of the sites so there was major money tied up in it when they sold it) I'd have been set for life from my mid 30s.

You have definitely put the graft in and deserve a quiet retirement. If you're not sorted by the time Zach's 18, I'll come over with him and you and I can dump the women and get our own love nest up and running.

I don't get how they make decisions. Basically as my wife CAN walk we didn't qualify.... well, most people getting mobility cars CAN walk FFS so that's not right. It is what it is tho, was looking on autotrader just to see what I would be willing to spend, no point getting a loan out for a car that's cheaper to run as it's still costing me more to pay the loan, and while mine is still running seems silly to replace it.... BUT.... I saw a 15 plate MG6 GT (facelift version, not a car you see much or ever hear of) 70k on the clock, huge spec (touch screen, leather, A/C etc) 0-60 in 8secs all for just a smidge over £4k - that's a lot of car for no money. A similar Octavia, Passat or Mondeo would be £7+... they may be more refined but for my mileage it wouldn't matter.

I might invest on a naked butler service... plenty of rich, in the closet, college dons round here that would pay me I reckon LOL

With lockdown measures now easing that will likely be it for my son now unfortunately, possibly a couple more sessions left before March 8th opening of schools

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Racing the clock a bit this morning as the locksmith was coming at 12 (well between 12-4, but ended out being 12 and I was late LOL) so got my son up (turned out he didn't have any lessons today) hit my 5.5k then ate and shot off to the gym to be home in time (only I wasn't)

A: Lat Pull Down: 12x65, x95, 125+ x25, 19, 17
    B: Seated Row - Bar: 125+ x19, 16, 17
    C: Cable EZ Curls: 50x21, 17, 14
    D: Free Cable Curls: per side 25s x16, 13, 12
    E: Machine Press: 155+ x22, 22(16+6), 22 (12+6+4)

Shoulder feeling hugely improved today altho still clearly on the wonk posturely speaking. As a result (I assume) LPD felt really easy and was comfortably ahead of where I was last block in reps. Seated row was a bit random, no idea where the last set came from unless I messed up my rest time or counting, but either way, all 3 sets were up in weight on last block and repped the same. EZ felt much better setting up on a single cable (as it lets the bar rotate) and hit strong reps here. Free cable press was the only thing not to really gain much but after everything else going well I can take that. Pretty strong finish with the pressing too, all pain free.

7. RAD

RAD Elite Member

You wouldn't have enjoyed being rich........big house,flashy cars,holidays in the Caribbean,cash to burn and a membership to the playboy mansion......... actually I am not making a convincing argument infact I would have worked with you and done the hiring and firing etc no problem at all if that's what was on the table LMAO.

Do like the plan with Zach so I will start stretching these jobs out a bit.

Just had a look at that mg6 gt that looks like a nice car much better than the others you mention and nearly half the price to me it's a no brainer.I am looking at the Volvo v70's something with a bit poke but big enough to get all my stuff in.We have a Volvo s40 at the minute and apart from it being underpowered (1.6) it's got to be one of the best cars I have ever had absolutely bulletproof.

Naked butler service LMAO it's a winner.

So you'll be loosing your training partner just now but think of the peace and quiet once he goes back anyway your Mrs might be up and running by then so you'll have her company once again in the gym........how great will that be LOL.

A pain free session now that's how it should be

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I'd have been alright if my Mum took my Dad for all she could. She didn't. I think now knowing what the step-family are like and seeing how my sister and I get stiffed she regrets that a bit but it just made for a swifter settlement so she could move on at the time. She owns her house but it's only a standard semi like our council house. I did myself no favours when after being 'threatened' at a young age to move out of my Mum's to be with my Dad, at 18 I just packed my shit up and moved back to Mum's where I had a bedroom the size of a shoe box and no luxuries at all - that was a slap in the face to the lot of them after the victory they'd had when I was about 11.

I've been looking at Volvos too, get the D4s and there's some power there. The ones I'm willing to pay for are a bit small in the back tho and the one's I really want are bit steep for the amount of use. It's annoying as 9/10 it's just me and the Mrs but when it's not we need to fit a 6' teenager in the back and a child seat. I saw a facelift MG6, 2016, with 120k on the clock for £2k, that's no money, just looked a bit worn inside but I could probably trade mine in +£1000-1200 cash - that would save me money after 2yrs. Do like some of those Volvos tho, Mazda 6s too.

With the college being open the Mrs will only be up for weekends but we still have the rower here. Plus I'll still be able to train in the week anyway so it should all be good

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Been a long day today. Lots of rushing about and Mrs has been in one since she got up. Got my walk in, just back in time to get her to her MRI, dropped her off and picked my son for his Polio and Meningitis jabs, then picked the Mrs up, dropped the boy off and the Mrs wanted to go to Tesco. Got home and I had to return something for her. Did them both lunch. Then made some banana muffins before she chucked the bananas out, then got off to the gym to get away from her, Zach came too. (On the plus side, her edibles turned up). Got home to then have to take her furlough letter to her work.

A: SLDL: 10x60, 100, 130, 150x15, 12, 10
    B: Seated Hamstring Curls: 195x24, 15, 13
    C: Belt Calves: 75x21, 18, 15
    D: Press Calf: 120+ x19 + myoreps 5x5
    E: Cable Grip Curls: 25x21, 21 (17+4), 21 (15+7)

With thee weather on my side things made for a good session today. Still cold down where the rack is but all good. SL work done with no deficit this time round. The extra weight (and wearing a belt) might have just given me a sciatica reminder but made good work of a decent weight. Seated ham work was solid, couple up on the other day and moving well. Pushed calf work a bit but still within the right tolerances I think, belt work felt good and focused while calf press seemed to move smoothly. Rest pause work on grip curls felt good, nice rep range hit for all sets.

10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Speaks volumes about your mam that she didn't do that though, she sounds sound as as a pound.Its hard mate when your parents go through a divorce when your young I had split loyalties and went to live with my dad but that soon turned to shit and I went back to my mams sometimes I think I should have stayed with my mam from the start.

It certainly would have saved from me from a lot of problems that I had later on but as they say hindsight is a beautiful thing.Anyway I don't think we turned out that bad all things considered.

We must be getting old as we now like Volvo's LOL, I reckon you should cash in the crv and go for the mg6 you've got a bit cash put away and it won't skint you and you would still have a bit left so why the hell not.I hear you on the backseat dilemma but Zach is old enough to get the bus or cycle it's called being independent lol and surely there's enough room for a child seat.

Reminds me of the time I bought a calibra always wanted one and found a gorgeous metallic purple SE3 so just bought it there wasn't much room in the back but we only had two kids at the time so no problems.Then she fell pregnant with Nicole so I had to sell it..... you'll never know how sad I was at the time but trying to be happy about having another kid LMAO.

You certainly do a hell of a lot running about that's why you need a new car I bet your hoping to get back to work so you can have a break from it all.

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I do wonder how things would have been had I stayed with my Mum, but the pressure and lies I was told at a young age to force me to live with my Dad (which no-one will confess to now) made it an almost impossible decision for an 11 year old. I had a lot living there with his money (and my dad and I are good, he's just blind to everything going on), Disney holidays, cars and motorbikes etc but the whole step family dynamic was torture and I came back from college one day, chucked my stuff in my car and just rocked up at my Mums. My sister was off school ill on the day, Mum came straight home and they were delighted. Not been able to do wrong since in their eyes LOL Everything left in my room was returned in a box, trashed, a few days later... good to see my step-mum was mature about the whole thing.

We're not old, Vovlos are stylish now, I see lots of hipsters in them nowadays. Mrs isn't too keen on my having a big spend. CRV needs a service and a new throttle sensor so it has a few quid due spending on it. Can't really travel yet to view anything anyway. Calibras were mint back in the day, not sure I'd even buy one second hand as I never saw one not being thrashed, bit like the old Renault 5 Turbos. But I hear you, Zach's lot going be hanging out with us much soon anyway.

Talking of running about, had a 30min round trip because the Mrs wanted a salt beef bagel for lunch and the mobile food van was the other side of town, where I had just come from being at the gym. And tomorrow, if she waited, they're in the bloody village here.... but she's still in one from yesterday

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Up early, got the boy up, got him fed, got my walk in, got myself fed, got myself changed, got myself down the gym.

A: Incline BB Press: 10x20, x40, x60, 70x15, 13, 11
    B: Incline Cable Fly: 30s x20, 16, 14
    C: Free Cable Push Down: 45s x24, 18, 15
    D: BB Bar PD: 35s x26, 26 (21+5), 26 (18+8)
    E: DB Curl: Myoreps 15s x17 + 5x5

Shoulder a little tight in the inc pressing but once going it moved OK. Reps nicely up on last block which could be a sign that the shoulder is improving a bit. Flyes were solid, no pain here, tension maintained on the reps and got some good 'feels' on the 3 sets. Cable push downs (both variations) moved well. Reps comfortably up on both and form was nicely locked in. Ditto that on DB curls to finish with.

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

It's definitely not right for anyone to put a kid through that type of thing it's just mental abuse really.But like me you saw the light and got the hell out of there and never looked back.So you get on well with your sister me and my sis don't see eye to eye at all she still has a problem with me going off to live with my dad even after all these years I haven't spoken to her for about 8 yrs now.

Once they relax the lockdown get yourself out quick smart and see what you could get.My calibra was awesome but my mate had the 4x4 turbo one and it would leave mine standing properly use to piss me off LOL.

Exactly Zach will soon be off his mates and to cool to be hanging out with the old fcukers so in reality your helping him.

And I bet after all that running about you didn't get much in the way of a thank you either.

Neil was here today and he said his other son works in North hampton he's high up in either the college or the uni or something ( can you tell I wasn't paying attention) anyway he's currently getting info on what courses in your area that Zach should be looking at and also Neil's wife is trying to sort him something where he can work with animals.So they are sorting things and I will of course keep you updated Neil's back over next week again so will keep you posted.Neil also confirmed that when's he's 18 there's a definite place to train over here.

Sounding positive on the shoulder fingers crossed that keeps going

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Adults can fvck kids up, and step families can be even more twisted. As a parent now with a step son who is a twat, I still wouldn't treat him the way I was treated. Just don't get it. TBH I wouldn't say I am 'close' with my family, my sister and mum are pretty protective over me. I think all the moving and emotional upheaval meant I just have a default set up of keeping things at a distance. Partly explains why I can let all the shit I deal with here wash over me most of the time.

I'm putting a nice bit of money away so the longer I can leave it the better I can buy. Might go old skool and get a Nova GTE

As soon as Zach can see his GF again I doubt I'll ever see him.

That's awesome, I can't believe how much they are going out of their way to help. Pass on a huge thank you from me .... just fvcking hope he doesn't change his mind in the summer and decide he wants to be a Social Media Influencer instead.

Shoulder is far from perfect but certainly moving better than it has for some time.

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Up bright and early again. Not missed a single morning walk all lockdown but only got about 10 days left and I'm back at work which will kill the step count. Had to get the Mrs up for her Zoom physio session too (got a telling off for not using her crutches enough). She then figured she should tell her work (we kept quiet just in case they fancied paying her sick and not furlough) but was far too honest almost dropping herself in it. Managed to get to the gym just before lunch to hit a quad session.

A: Cyclist Squats: 10 x20, x40, x60, 85x17, 13, 12
    B: Belt Squats: 75s x19, 13, 12
    C: Calf press: 120 x23, 18, 15
    D: Belted Calves: 75s x18 +5x5
    E: Upright Rows: 25s x16 +5x5

Better session than I anticipated, not that I expected a bad one. Cyclist squats were actually up on where I finished the last block but moved really well and hit good reps. Cable squats were a little more humbling, started up but finished even which I'll take after smashing the cyclist squats. I didn't lock out any of the belt squats either which makes them a lot more brutal, it seems to effect these more than any other exercise I do. Calf press was solid, nicely up here and all sets and reps felt strong. Belted calf work was hit a little bit but decent reps here anyway. Upright rows were about as good as I can do considering, so I'll take that.