The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

I'm with you there... while I kind of got used to training in an empty building and liked monopolising things I don't have any social life outside of my family and the gym is it, and I'm not even there when it's busy.

Frequency/volume has been proven time and time again to be where it's at for hypertrophy. Obviously there is a need to get the balance right for recovery. I hit some muscles 3x a week, train 6 out 7 days but can do more if I'm off work. I had plenty of spells in lock down where I maybe only had 2 or 3 days off max a month. Twice I trained over 20days straight but with nothing else to do recovery wasn't an issue.

Do you mind me running planned split by you buddy?

Can do it on wickr so as not to clutter YOUR journal up lol

Honestly don't think you can overtrain. You can not rest enough or not eat enough

Good news on the car I bet your excited now.

I train alone and love it it's nice to get the fcuk away from people and work for a bit,chills my head right out.

Sure Mick, I've got it, I'll give it a peruse in due course.

Rad.... it is good news but due to my procrastinating nature and the joys of duality I am now back to worrying about getting the right thing and how much to push my budget LOL. Seen a top spec Qashqai reasonably nearby for just under £9k, if the loan gets a green light and I can get it just the other side of £8.5 (or lower) we could be on for something. It's the 1.6D, there is a 1.5 just round the corner, slightly lower miles but also a few hundred more.

That said, I can't believe how much money I'm spending of late. Doesn't help that the wife's therapy is costing me £240-300 pm, and obviously our anniversary meal out, but her wages should go back up +£200 now she's working and not furloughed so fingers crossed (altho her pay hasn't gone thru this month yet for some reason)

Well mate you can't take it with you.

I've told my two kids... equity from the house will be left for them.

Rest will be spent

Too true... I'll be hoping on whatever my Mum and ad leave for taking care of my boy as I have nowt. But yeah, don't earn it to not spend it

So you've swapped one problem for another one I reckon you should go for a Dodge Charger, confederate flag on the roof and weld the doors shut.You would look awesome driving that.

I can relate to just spending a load at the minute, I seem to be watching the cash go out and not much coming back in.But on the plus I did buy that other place just need to clear all my work on here so I can set about getting the new place sorted.

LOL... I can see his Mum nipping up the shops in the Yob causing a trail of destruction as she goes.

Finances are a drain right now... it's a 5wk month so already being £240pm down with the wife's therapy I now have an extra week of shopping and therapy to pay for this month so nearly £500 short this month and that's before our anniversary meal out so make that £600

Fairly sure my back needs some manipulating rather than this niggle being just a glute/piri thing as I am getting some sensation down my whole leg so I'll get that sorted. Not been too bad today tho and hopeful with this quad session being press based rather the squat things should go OK. Got my walk in (this is where I feel the nerve tingle down my left leg), got fed and hit the gym.

A: Leg Press: 10x60, 10x90, 115x20, 17, 14
B: Leg Extension: 60x20, 16, 14
C: Belt Calf: #21x26, 22, 10
D: Calf Press: 110x20 +5x5
E: Dumbbell SLRs: 12.5s x18 + myoreps 5x5

Good news was, I got off to a flyer. No issues pressing at all (well note of note or consequence). Small increase in weight but repped really easily and up by about 8. No knee twinges either. Leg ext was twinge free too, same weight and just about got +1 per set. wasn't expecting a lot more than that TBH. Had hoped to keep my calf switch going but someone hopped on the press just as I was on my last set so did belted calf work first, as a result reps were up a bit (even on last session too). This also meant reps stayed static when I did my myorep work on the press, all felt good tho. SLR work just +1 but with my shoulder woes this isn't something I'm inclined to force and all felt good enough.

These loan companies take the piss.... I was quoted a 9.5/10 chance of being accepted for 7500 at 3.8%.... fill out the full form get confirmation at 20.9%!!! WTAF

Kill dozer is fcukin class its like a A-Team creation lol.

That niggle sounds very sciatic....not nice at all.

Jesus dude that's a very expensive month,how's the therapy going is she getting better ?

WTF are them loan places playing at ....that's a hell of a jump from 3.8% I mean your getting into loan shark territory with APR at 20.9

The therapy is helping her, it's a good outlet for her without feeling like she's burdening friends or family with her problems as well as getting an understanding of the issues and how to handle/cope with them. I think next month or so she'll start proper face to face rather than Zoom and then it may start to get a bit more heavy for her so we'll see. The good thing is that she does actually seem invested in it herself which is a big hurdle with these things.

Ronnie: I've been out with my mates when they are bang on it and when they have to make multiple trips to the cash point to get £100+ out each time for the 'extras' to get them thru the night I knew I was out of my depth LOL

Another am/pm split session today. Also managed to collar my mate for some work on this glute (doesn't seem to be piriformis), bit of thumb digging and acupuncture so we'll see how that works over night. Mrs has also found out her sisters cancer could be worse, full body scans upcoming. I've been doing some dummy runs to see what HP deals I could get (looks like I can get down to 9%) and as a result I keep getting texts, calls and emails all day from various fvcking companies LOL

C: Cable EZ Curls: 55 x24, 20, 18 (or 16??)
D: Free Cable Curls: per side 25s x20, 17, 14
E: Machine Press S/S: 185/125x16/10, 11/9, 9/8
A: Hammer Rows: 12x15s, 10x30s, 40s x17, 14, 11
B: LPD: #12x19, 15, 12

So hit biceps before I had breakfast at work. EZ curls moving well (altho felt a little tight burning in the inside elbow) and reps nicely on pace, completely forgot where I finished on the last set tho. Free cable curls also locked in well and dug out extra reps. Press superset work was a test, went up on the top set, thought I may get one or two extra in there but the work was solid, drop set was a killer considering how light it felt on rep 1 each time. Like these tho. Hitting back at the usual gym was a quick affair. Hammer rows took some work to get the extra rep but happy that I hit the mark here. LPD work also not the easiest but got more work in regardless.

Back