The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Niggle feeling a little improved for yesterday's acupuncture, not perfect tho and today was another hammy hinge day so was slightly fearful of what my stupidity would end up doing. Got my walk in, and before the heat kicked up which was nice, quite cloudy and fresh here first thing. My mate had given me a tip on my hinge work tho, that being, a slight internal rotation/pigeon toe stance so I was up for testing that.

A: SLDL: 10x70, 10x120, 160x16, 13, 10
    B: Laying Ham Curls: #7x22, 16, 14
    C: Press Calf: 115x23, 19, 18
    D: Seated Calves: 40x23+ 5x5, 19+5x5
    E: Cable Grip Curls: 490s x27, 27 (18+9), 27 (16+6+5)

SL warm ups felt good so hit my work weight relatively hopeful of things going well. 1st set was solid, not issues at all. 2nd and 3rd did have a little between sets reminders that the issue isn't yet fixed but the actual work sets after the 1st rep were locked in and all sets saw +1 on last week. Laying ham curls felt good. On paper reps were well up, the 1st set I can take as all me, 2nd and 3rd may have been down to an extra 30secs of rest as a couple of us were putting the world to rights. still felt decent. Calf press all felt fairly strong and got my rep markers and then some. Seated work saw a double round of myoreps back in again, both sets were strong. Upped cable grip and managed to match reps with a bit of work.

2. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Good to hear her therapy is having a decent effect fingers crossed she keeps getting better and can finally get a handle on things.Hardest part I found was learning to live in the moment instead of worrying about things in the past or the future.Once I sussed that everything started to improve tenfold.

Acupuncture is something I always fancied having done as heard really good things about it.Although over here they would use a pitchfork......bloody farmers lol.

Any news on loans ? Or is it still up in the air?

My car is leaking either brake or gear box fluid I haven't had a proper look yet but there's something wrong.Might just drop into the garage and they can sort it as I can't be arsed with more work.

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

If nothing else the therapy is a good outlet for her (altho less cost effective if that's all it is LOL) but yeah, changing how she focuses and dwells on things will be good for her... she a bee in her bonnet the other day as TH was moaning about his Dad and then relayed stuff he'd said about her (comparing her to TH). It took me while to convince her that something said by her ex husband of 30yrs who used to control and beat her is not something she needs to give a second thought to, who cares WTF he thinks about any of us or anything.

Acupuncture can be useful... I don't believe in the nonsense where if you have a headache a pin in your ankle will cure it due to some mystical connecting line LOL But if I have a tight muscle and you stick a pin and current in to that muscle to stimulate reflexive change, I can see the logic there. My mate does seem to quite enjoy doing it tho, bit to much.

Loans keep stitching me up so I am resigned right now to that being a waste of time, and I'm getting so many so many calls and etxt etc from these companies since trying to apply I'm sick of it LOL However, HP deals vary a lot, some do 20% some do 8% and I do seem to be getting a little more success there, I just have to decide if that's a small enough sacrifice to make. Should here back in the next few days whether I can fix mine on the cheap, if I can then I might ride it out, save a load more and put myself in a better situation but there are HP deals circa £150pm over 4-5yrs if I put £1500-2000 that will get me back in to something I want. Still means I pay over £1k in interest, but not as bad as £4k. I've almost been tempted to try a PCP/lease type deal but it does leave me in a catch 22 of being back here again in 4 years time or perpetually paying for something I never own but at least it's new and swish

4. RAD

RAD Elite Member

She wants to cut TH loose he's just a draining prick that she doesn't need in her life.Sounds like he had a run in with his dad and is now trying to rope her in against him with a bit shit stirring I bet her ex said fcuk all about her tbh.

I find acupuncture a fascinating concept my mate had it done and the results were really good and seem to last for a long time although to put my body right I would look like something out of hell raiser.

Could well be worth riding it out and getting a good deposit together at least you will own it plus you might be able to get a better deal on something later on.

Had a look at mine today and it's a mystery as to what's leaking as all the reservoirs are full but it does smell like brake fluid but the brakes are bang on and so is the clutch very strange I will chuck into the garage on Monday and see if they can sort it.

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

TH is nearly 30 now would you believe... I'd like to say he wouldn't lie or make it all up but I can't ever be 100% certain any more.

It is a mad concept, all about electrical impulses etc... on it's own I wouldn't quite trust it but combined with massage and manipulation I think you get a nice synergy.

I just keep spotting little things (that I'm probably looking too hard for) with the car, like the off side rear suspension seems and inch or 2 lower than the other side, rides fine and no noises but I swear it's a bit lower. The make or break will be if I can fix the sensor on the cheap, just waiting to hear back from someone on that. By the time I do get it sorted tho I guess the market will have finally peaked and prices will be back down again.

Yours could well still be brake related due to the way it stores in reservoirs and pipes, send the Mrs out for a half hour drive just to see what happens. Does seem odd tho, is there a lot of leakage

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Bit of random few training days. I've realised it makes more sense to have Friday as my off day and Monday as a training day, but I also had a lot of running about to do today (son to his mates, mrs sister to the hospital for her scan, then pick the son up then to the hairdressers) so yesterday rather than doing an am/pm split I just did tris and the biceps extras, today I just did chest (but also tagged on my leg day delt exercise) tomorrow will be quads then Monday I hit the week doing back.... that all said tho I'm actually on a late shift this friday so may still train in the a.m and take a weekend day off, could be a car shopping day (that's a lie, we all know I'll train LOL)

Yesterday
    C: Smith Close Grip: (pulley) 60x17, 14, 11
    D: /\ Bar PD: 75 x24, 24(19+5), 24(16+5+3)
    E: DB Curl: Myoreps 15s x18+ 5x5
    Today
    A: Incline Smith Press: 10x40, x60, 70x19, 15, 13
    B: Incline Cable Fly: #4x19, 16, 14
    extra: Upright rows: #8x21+5x5

Doing my tricep work at work meant smith machine CG was swapped for the pulley. Altho I didn't have my old log for ref I managed to hit the ground running with them and was pretty much on the money. /\PD was a simple calculation based on my assumption of the other gyms plates weighing 7.5 and I was on #10.... seemed to work out about right. Good reps and the metabolite work was solid. Biceps myorep work was up a few reps, didn't quite have time for 2 rounds of it so I'll get on that next week. That was all yesterday, today saw the rest getting done so I could get home early and run my son to his friend's. Bit of stretching between sets and the shoulder was fairly good, all reps had full ROM and hit the mark. Cable flyes still set some grinding noises, no huge rep gain here, just the one, but reps felt good. Uprights were just tagged on to fill some time today and give me less to do tomorrow, even having trained them indirectly for 2 days now they felt good on these

7. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Funny you mention the rear suspension my near side is lower than the the other so the opposite of yours how weird is that LOL.Be good if you can get that sensor fixed they have just made cars far to complex imo just more to go wrong.......Unsound my like father LMAO.

The leak was pretty bad but now it's stopped I can't fathom it as I have pumped the brakes nothing came out,did the same on the clutch still nothing ,even just let it idle for a while checked underneath and fcuk all.Its booked into the garage on Monday so I will see what they come back with.

All that running about you need a taxi sign for the top of the car.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Everything is 'fly by wire'... you can't just replace a worn cable anymore you have to replace entire throttle body which has the sensor welded or rivetted in place (rather than even just the sensor). There's no other sign of a suspension issue with mine, and it's just had it's MOT... it's just a slow build up of age related wear and tear I keep finding.

Hopefully that leak was maybe just an overflow, hot weather, fluid volume expanding.... maybe.

Full on taxi service. I don't mind per se, but no-one else drives at all so cannot appreciate that it is quite tiring and time consuming (obviously they aren't with you after you've dropped them off and you have to do the journey back.

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Early gym session this morning, had planned on going to my place with the mrs but turned out she wasn't in the mood and we had a few things to do before having Ollie for the afternoon (had her friend was popping by, and I had bread to bake and food to prep, not to mention burgers for tonight). Made for a slightly less rushed day but she's not been to the gym at all this week now... but who cares, I did!!

A: Cyclist BB Squats: 10x60, x80, 100x12, 10, 7
    B: Hack Squats: 70x13, 10, 9
    C: Belted Calves: #22+7.5 x25, 20, 17
    D: Calf press myoreps: 110x20 +5x5, 18+5x5
    E: Upright Rows: 55 x20 +5x5

Switched the camber bar (SSB) back to a normal BB, mainly as I wanted a narrower stance and the handles would get in the way but also to get a slightly lower bar to try and avoid the niggle. Turned out really well, no real issues and a good few reps for the better. Hack squats also saw a steady improvement. No tech tweak needed here just kept it all locked in and got more work in. Belted calf work saw me drop a 7.5 on top of the stack, it cost me some reps but didn't hurt the focus of the work. Calf press work saw reps stay put but did do 2 rounds. Upright rows listed for sake of ctrlc+v next week.

10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Cars are a pain in the ass surely they can make one that doesn't fall to fcukin bits.

You might have a point on the overflow,as the cars driving mint.

My days of driving people about are long gone thank God.

You shouldn't complain about the Mrs at least you can take a bit time on your routine without someone wanting to hurry you along LOL.