The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Well, before my day went to sh!t once the Mrs walked in from her 1st Aid Course on the war path I had a reasonably productive day. Got my walk in, hit the gym, hoovered the house, cut the grass, made my 'no bake brownies' and awaited her return before following up much of the car stuff. But that was my failing, as she throws her keys on the side demands to know what I have done about the car just to get 10mins of attitude for waiting for her to get back. Had been having an alright, albeit a little boring, day.... the boring bit's been cured but I think I'd still rather be here alone LOL

A: Leg Press: 10x90, 115x21, 16
    B: Leg Extension: 62.5x19, 14
    C: Belt Calf: #22+10 x25, 21, 19
    D: Calf Press: 110x21 +5x5
    E: Dumbbell SLRs: 12s x18 + myoreps 5x5

At least the workout was decent. Still easing wk 1 in gradually with just the 2 main work sets. Leg Press felt good tho hitting more than wk 2 last block with no problems. Mistakenly had the extra 2.5 on the extensions but no problem with that either hitting far better reps than I should have. 3 sets on the belted calf work saw reps nicely up even with top week working sets. Press work on the myoreps was respectable enough but just the 1 round of them. SLRs a little tight today, funny doing them in my vest as I could really see how my left lat hold things down.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Done it, pending a good test drive I'll likely own this come next weekend.

3. RAD

RAD Elite Member

That's a very nice motor you could have finally got your car.

Has the Mrs calmed down now then?

How long does deca normally take to kick in ?

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Turns out she's forgotten to take her meds for 3 days straight. I won't lie, the whole weekend has been fvcking awful. She has not stopped being in one since Friday night when I got home from work.

Deca has a slow burn 3 weeks before you tend to really feel like it's doing its thing

5. RAD

RAD Elite Member

That sounds like hell dude how or why the hell did she stop taking her meds? Sounds like she's been in withdrawal she needs to get back on them as soon as or she'll go into something called start up where it will take some time to get back up to normal.

Just entering my third week now so hopefully it will start doing it's thing looking forward to see how or if it will help my old joints lol.

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

She just forgot, she moved her pill caddy from beside the bed to her dressing room, the trouble is by the time she's in there she's got up, had a coffee and a fag, washed her hair and is in 'get ready to go' mode and doesn't realise she's not taken them and doesn't see the caddy again all day to remind her. At least I can hold off calling the divorce lawyers... for now LOL

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Another tried and tested am/pm split today with an early shift at work. Head still full of cold but not really feeling ill as such just heavy. Thankfully today wasn't too bad at work... after over a year of stupid questions and 'when can we come back' emails, now they all can they don't want to talk to me LOL. After 3+ days of forgetting her meds the Mrs is finally starting to calm down a bit. Still too hot tho.

am
    C: Cable EZ Curls: 60x23, 17
    D: Spider Curls: 15s x14, 12.5s x16
    E: Machine Press S/S: 185/125 x 19/12, 11/10
    pm
    A: Hammer Rows: 12x20s, 35s x21, 17
    B: LPD: #12x19, 17

With a foggy head and one or 2 distractions the am session snuck up on me a bit. Wasn't a bad showing with EZ curls getting off to a pretty strong start even if it was just 2 sets. Didn't account for the fact that I usually do spider curls 'fresh' in a local fatigue sense and upped the weight before quickly realising my error, dropped down on the second set which was far more like it. Kept the machine press SS in and made smart work of the 2 sets on the cards here. By the time of my pm back session, the full day at work, the heat and my cold were taking their toll but I didn't have too much work to do. Despite looking a bit wonky thru my thoracic rows were decent, bit lighter but looking for more reps which I duly got. Kept LPDs as they were and just chased reps, no problem there. Got done quick and home to cook tea.

8. RAD

RAD Elite Member

So she's back on her meds that should bring a bit welcome relief LOL.

See the weather is getting a bit warm over there if it hits 33 what you need to do is turn off the air con and train in a t shirt,jeans and work boots and then you can experience what my training is like !!

It's great especially when you get blinded by stinging sweat

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Both gyms have air con and I still sweat my tits off

10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

LOL mine does have a air con unit but I still haven't got round to sorting out the vent pipe yet.

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Gave in this morning and rung my boy in sick for his last day at school and took him to his mates for the day. Seeing as I have a cold myself I could play the 'whole family come down with something' card as I sniffed and coughed my way thru the message I left. Only managed a 2k walk after that before getting in my leg session then collapsing on the sofa before heading to work

A: SLDL: 10x70, 10x120, 170x14, 10
    B: Laying Ham Curls: #8x19, 14
    C: Press Calf: 115x21, 18, 16
    D: Seated Calves: 40x22+ 5x5
    E: Cable Grab Curls: 40s x24, 19

The cold seemed to fuel my session today, not feeling as bad as yesterday for sure but still a bit foggy in the head but once the endorphins were flowing all was good. Ended out going 'heavy' on my SL work to ease the reps down by starting on my previous finishing weight yet somehow only repping 1 rep short of my max week - so much for taking them easy. Same story with ham curls starting on pin 8 and still hitting a good rep target. Calf presses were more sensible, 1 rep up on earlier in the week and seated calf work matching the last session but fine with that. Forearm work had a little twist to my 'grip' curl style which I am imaginatively calling a 'grab' grip (just grabbing the end of the cable where the stopper thing is).

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Early shift and another split session. Head still full of cold and a stupidly hot day didn't make things any easier tho even with things being kept to 2 working sets still.

a.m
    C: Close Grip: (pulley) 60x19, 15
    D: /\ Bar PD: 90(45s) x22, 22 (17+5)
    E: Inc DB Curl: Myoreps 15s x19+5x5
    p.m
    A: Incline Smith Press: 10x50, 70x19, 15
    B: Incline Cable Fly: #4x20, 15

Rattled thru the morning session swiftly, close grip felt good, no huge gains but I am cruising now, but a good couple of sets. PD work fairly solid, again just 2 sets but RPed the second then finished by switching inc curls to this session and repping quite well. Afternoon session was starting to see the foggy head kick in altho I wasn't feeling ill still. Inc press still went well. Flyes were OK too getting a good ROM on them. That half of the session was wrapped up in no time tho just doing the 5 sets in total including warm ups LOL

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Still feeling like crap?

These last two days have had me done in, working all day and finishing late in red hot weather isn't great lol.

Looking big in the new Avi dude

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Sinuses have always been my Achilles so whenever I do get a cold that's what drags on with me... No doubt the shift work and training doesn't help ease the symptoms tho but I always get hit in the head for a good week.

Test drive tomorrow so hope I get a clear head to properly run it out

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

All systems go this morning, booked my test drive for 10:30 (should have made it 11) so didn't give myself much time to get a session in pre-test drive especially trying to function with this fvcking head cold still in effect. Anyway, just made it in time and threw my food down my neck and headed off. OMG, the difference between an 05 car and a 13 car is like night and day. So nice to drive, blooming quick too for it's size. Struggled to find a mark on it just a tiny cut (very clean cut too) in the leather seat that will probably cost me £50 to repair. Only thing I noticed was the gear stick vibrating on acceleration after 75mph or so so once they've checked that, given it a service (if it needs one, MOTed in May) and valet it will be mine. If the workshop is quiet then that should be sorted by the weekend, but that's a big if nowadays. All done and back home by midday to have a bit of chill time.

A: Cyclist SSB Squats: 10x60, 100x13, 10
    B: Hack Squats: 70x12, 10
    C: Belted Calves: #22+10 x26, 22
    D: Calf press myoreps: 110x19 +5x5
    E: Upright Rows: #8 x23 +5x5

This cold can fvcking do one now, still don't feel ill but my sinuses are just shot to sh!t. On the plus side, the decision to just do 2 sets on everything this week has therefore been a wise one. Got the safety bar out for squats but this time gripping it how it should be rather than being clever. Felt good and clean hitting nice reps here. Hacks were a little weird, set 2 felt like it moved a lot easier than set 1 but again, happy enough with how things went considering how I felt. I actually did my upright rows before hacks as I was waiting to use it so I'll quickly say that they moved really well, shoulder having no issues having not had to grip behind my neck on squats today. Belted calves I forgot I was actually doing 3 sets on these this week and only did 2, but the 2 I did were up. Calf press was also up a rep.