The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Cheers mate. Bracing myself but looking forward to it ... An early start should see a cruise thru cheddar gorge en route tomorrow

mick_the_brick likes this.
  2. RAD

RAD Elite Member

PACK HER MEDS!!

Have a good one dude

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I think she has them lol couple of tetchy moments but so far so good.

Long detour via Cheddar but glad we went, that place is stunning. Wiped out now. Left at 11 checked in at 5 and done about 250 miles. Roman baths tomorrow. Busy but more relaxed I hope.

mick_the_brick likes this.
  4. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Hope your enjoying it dude.

I bet 250 miles in the new motor felt like nothing

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

It was a smooth drive. But all this narrow passing back roads is testing my spacial awareness in a car I'm unfamiliar with. Just over half a tank used which is madness.

Enjoying it is an interesting perspective. Despite her meds and Diaz the Mrs, while not having kicked off, has been very testing just in a blunt, rude, passive aggressive manner with no sense of humour if it's directed her way. She's is enjoying it tho, so she says. She snored all night so I've been doubley tired today. Kids have enjoyed it so far too, certainly not buying the 'just friends' line tho. But it's paid off having company for Zach I think.

We did cheddar gorge en route yesterday. Today was 9k walking round Bath (which is simply stunning) and crazy golf. Tomorrow is Longleat just 20mins down the road so should be easier. Head home Friday maybe via Stonehenge.

6. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Yeah I bet it was unnerving going through gaps when your not use to the car yet.

Not good news about the Mrs I thought with her counseling she might have been better just thank God Zach has his lass there or she might have been worse.

9km walk I would have went straight to the crazy golf LOL,I love crazy golf.

Does sound like your enjoying it though

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Zach and Ella bring here together is without a doubt a blessing as only I have to dragged round mundane side street shops and I can do it without too much whining lol.

Counselling is more about accepting her past. Her behaviours are too ingrained I think to change that much. She very quickly gets on the defensive... In an offensive style lol.

I won the crazy golf so all good.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I was so sore yesterday. Back was killing me from so much sitting and driving and nothing to stop me from seizing up and keeping mobile, inflamed hammy tendon rearing up too. 7 hrs door to door yesterday (via Stonehenge) but Friday M25 traffic was horrendous. I really wasn't sure I'd be able to train today even if I wanted to but I got up and did a 4k walk to see what my body was doing and the feedback was good. In the end I braved it, Zach had spent last night round Ella's so I was in no rush but I was still intending to follow the plan where I left it which meant a tough quad session was in store.

A: Cyclist SSB Squats: 10x60, 100x15, 11, 10, 7
    B: Hack Squats: 70x14, 12, 9
    C: Belted Calves: #22+5 x24, 18, 16, 15
    D: Calf press myoreps: 110x21 +5x5

Squats started off feeling good and a strong first set, up 1. Dropped one on the 2nd, even on the 3rd and a tough 4th. Hack squats managed to see +1 on each set which was nothing short of a miracle but I was fvcked by now. Thankfully just calf work to go, went heavier on the belted work, lst 2 reps per set as a result but all good. I'm guessing the extra load, as well as quickly fatiguing, is what may have cost me a couple of reps on my myorep pressing work afterwards. All felt good tho. Bit of stretching at the end and home to go do the grocery shopping... reality bites.

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Feeling delicate this morning, just aching from a squat session that was last done 14 days ago. General aches have appreciated the mobility of training tho, obviously the niggles maybe not quite so much. Still feeling a little beat tho in all honesty and was in 2 minds whether I did a full session today (giving me a choice tomorrow of either bringing hamstring day forwards or taking a recovery day), or doing an am/pm split or even doing half today and half tomorrow. Played by ear and ended out doing the full whack.

A: V Bar Pull Downs: 12x #9, #13x21, 15, 12, 10
    B: T Bar Deficit Rows: 50x17, 15, 13
    C: Drag Curls EZ: 60 (#9) x24, 16, 15, 13
    D: DB Curls: 15s x20, 20 (14+6), 20 (12+6+2)
    E: Incline Hammer Press S/S: 50s/30s x22/10, 14/10, 11/9
    F: Wrist Curls: #14x23, 23 (15+5+3), 23 (13+7+3)

Opened up with VPDs and the shoulder wasn't feeling too bad. Progress was hard to find tho and was only 2 reps for the better prior to the 4th set and that probably resulted in working harder than was ideal for the session, possibly. T Bar rows (it's actually more like a wide V bar) somehow finished +3 even tho it took a while to find my groove on these today. Using a different pulley for drag curls but a bit of educated guess work had the weight about right from the start and reps were pretty good, see how it goes next time round using the usual pulley. No extra reps gained on Db curls but I'm usually far fresher when doing these, all good, left shoulder a bit grumbly tho. Tested out my nemesis rather than using unfavourably positioned cables for my inc chest SS work and hopped on the hammer press, same weight as it turned out, not quite as many reps but actually work out well. Even chucked in my wrist curl work. All that lot done in about 80mins.

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

So the last week of my training block began today. Slept well so the brain fog from the last few days cleared a little, coming back a bit now tho. No walk this morning as the Mrs wanted a session too (altho she was close to changing her mind once I returned). Zach staying round his 'GFs' again today (he did the day we got back too LOL). Few chores sorted today ready for a chilled evening. Session was decent today tho, didn't drag it out too much.

A: Safety Bar GMs: 10x60, 110x17, 16, 13, 11
    B: Seated Ham Curl: 80x21, 14, 11, 10
    C: Press Calves: 135 x19, 16, 13, 11
    D: Seated Calves: 45x23+5x5

Not too sure how sensible it was to go heavier on GMs but I did. Felt brutal but think I nailed some decent reps in there somewhere. This sort of load does take a rep or 2 to get in the groove tho. Seated ham work was tough going, form etc was bang on point do I won't lose any sleep over the fact that I did lose a rep on each of the opening sets... time out, delayed recovery from the time out and the heavier GMs all likely playing a role here, 4th set picked up any slack. Calf work was a little more positive with some nice progressive work in there. Snuck an extra 2.5 on seated calf work and hit rep marker.

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Another session that I kind of played by ear and judged as I went along due to the Mrs having a GP appt slap bang in the middle of my morning and a therapy session in the afternoon, also going to London tomorrow so looking at a day off there. So a session I would often split am/pm or even over 2 mornings ended out being snuck in to one big session, still only took about 80-90 mins which wasn't bad for the workload and effort level. A lot of work to put my shoulder thru but at least it was all in one go rather than 2 hard hits on it. Only got about 1.5k walk in this morning, still on over 12k steps so far tho, managed 2k at my work with the mrs.

A: BB Flat Press: 10x40, 10x60, 85x21, 16, 12, 11
    B: Pec Dec: #13x23, 18, 16, 13
    F: SLRs: 7.5s x 20+5x5
    C: Cable Free PDs: 60x18, 13... 55x 15, 14
    D: Cable EZ Bar PDs: 65 x19?, 19 (13+6), 19 (12+7)
    E: Free Curls: myoreps 25s x 20+5x5

Pretty much the stat I expected, bench was always going to be tough I felt and it was, altho it wasn't THAT bad. Some rep fluctuation but rep volume matched the session from 2 weeks ago. Shoulder was hit and miss from the start tho, no pain but is was vocal making plenty of grinding noises. Played with grip a bit and it does seem a closer grip and a higher press point keeps things at bay for longer. Pec dec was pretty decent, up on the last session here and a bit better behaved I felt, last set was tough tho. SLRs got bumped up the list just cos the gym was busier than usual and I was where I needed to be. However, went a lot lighter here, kept form 100% spot on and true hoping not to irritate either shoulder which I think worked. Free PD on this cable rather than at work was a lot harder, not helped by local fatigue either (probably also hindered by what I later realised was a fvcked pulley). But after 2 sets on 60 a side I had to drop to 55 and that still wasn't easy. No RIR issues but reps were certainly down on goal. PD used a straight bar rather than EZ, just for convenience. Fortunately got a good weight right off the bat, bit harder than last session would have had me on by numbers but that's no bad thing. I think I set myself off with a 19rep 1st set to match but can't be certain as some lad was chatting to me. Free curls were a nightmare as the left arm felt twice as heavy as the right, eventually realised a nut was missing on the base pulley so it was sticking rather than rolling, only realised on my 5x5 sets and they felt soooo much better. Both sides had this nut missing too. That was a lot of work today.

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

After a butt numbing day of driving yesterday I had to face a leg session this morning. Two 2hr drives to and from London, an hour of each of those was to cover around 10miles in London itself FFS! So up early and a pre-breakfast quad session was on the cards, and a tough one too. Also had a morning trip to my work for the Mrs to train (and to pick up a cheap iMac, which I'm testing right now) before getting home to chill and type all this nonsense up.

A: Leg Press: 10x90, 130x21, 17, 12, 10
    B: Leg Extension: 62.5x19, 15, 13, 10
    C: Belt Calf: #22+15 x23, 17, 15, 15
    D: Calf Press: 110x22 +5x5

The good news is that I was moving well this morning and feeling comfortable. Went for +5kg on the leg press and battered myself finishing the 4sets +1 rep over all. Quads were spent, but next up were leg extensions. Really struggled here to just match the previous week's work but just about clung on. Reps were a bit down on the last block tho (when I was blasting not cruising so there is that) altho leg press was 10kg heavier so I have an allowance. Calves, compared to my holiday return session, was down a rep on each set. Not complaining too much as I was really feeling the work prior to it and so long as the work rate was there and form was on point I'll take it. Same story with press work too. Not an ideal close out to the session but the work was there.

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Putting plenty of miles on the new motor,you seem to be getting into a habit of hitting a leg session after a good few hours behind the wheel.

Your training is getting as hectic as mine I have to cram,work and training in on a night as it's just to hot during the day it's got me fcukin knackered LOL.

Any plans to have another mini break away?

14. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

How's the new motor going? You enjoying it mara?

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Will have clocked a thousand miles this month and 2 tanks of diesel so at least double the amount of driving I usually do in a month but condensed in to 1 week (I think it has a smaller tank than my Honda too). Training is always more hectic during time off as I try to fit in around everyone else, back to work next week and a more normal routine.... just in time for a deload.

No immediate plans for another break. This is Zach's last school year now so thinking of possibly a Scottish escape next year then some 'out of season' real holidays.

Car's going great... noticed some smoke earlier but I was flooring it and near the redline in 1st it does give a puff. Regular smoke, not blue smoke or anything more worrying. It's not vastly more economical, probably getting very low 40s on my mpg generally but most of what I do is in and around town. But the comfort and east t o drive in another level... first payment is due out next week so I need to try and change that so it comes out at the start of each month.

How's your going Mick? Novelty not worn off yet?