The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

What you planning for next blast mate? Lookin well anyway no huge rush to blast is there if money is a issue!

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Test, mast and var is in. Just deciding if I go with tren or deca. I could do with a long term forecast, if it's going to be unusually warm it won't be tren

Ronnie_Malenko likes this.
  3. Ronnie_Malenko

What doses u thinking? Sounds tasty

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Either one will likely be at 750ml it there about. Test and mast will just be a ml each and var at 50mg

spearman and Ronnie_Malenko like this.
  5. Ronnie_Malenko

750mg tren is a fair old wack isnt it no wonder your hot

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

It's not a summer dose for sure

Scott32 likes this.
  7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Day 1 of Block 6. Got my morning walk in early as I was up to get everyone up and out of the house in one piece, also picked a tubs worth of blackberries on my way round, then hit the gym after breakfast and done in enough time to watch Jolt when I got home all on my lonesome in peace and quiet.

A: Hack Squat GMs: 10x4, x80, 100x15, 15
    B: Seated Ham Curl: 80x19, 13
    C: Press Calves: 140 x14, 12
    D: Seated Calves: 45x20, 20 (16+4)

Hack squat set up took a bit of faffing, thought I had it on the first set but it wasn't right as you can probably see by my fidgeting. 2nd set was more dialled in setting up with feet a bit further forwards. Decent sets tho all said and done. Jumped in the deep end with seated ham curls starting on my finishing weight last block but hit good reps anyway. Same with calf press, heavy start but reps felt good, as did seated calf work which was done RP style this time round.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Late finish and an early start. Been a rough few days as my boss had taken this week off to do Centre Parks, went to check in on her brother (mental health issues) Monday morning and he'd hung himself. She lost her other brother a few years back from a motorcycle accident, and 2 years ago we lost our work colleague so it's been real sucker punch for her. But another day in office was done and I got another am/pm session in this time prioritising chest first but going machine based for the shoulder this block. Then got home to find the Mrs had warned a girl at her work she would give her a slap if she didn't need her job LOL

am
    A: Machine Flat Press: 10x110, 200x12, 9
    B: Cable Xover Flye: 35x22, 19
    F: SLRs: 5s x 24, 18
    pm
    C: Cable Free PDs: x35, 55x20, 14
    D: Cable EZ Bar PDs: #13x20, 20 (18+2)
    E: Free Curls: #4x18, 18 (12+4+2)

Solid enough start, went heavy for the pressing altho TBH I wasn't expecting such a big rep drop but we'll see how the weeks go. Flyes were a little grumbly on the shoulder but I did find a groove. All that said SLRs weren't that bad, light and focused. the pm session saw an arm focus. Free PD do feel different on this set up, no idea why, may need to set the cables higher, but all good with a little more focus on control. EZPDs were fine altho the shoulder did pinch a bit, thought more reps may have been there but all good and an RP 2nd set (altho I forgot and rested a bit too long). Free curls went for RP work too. Both sessions saw a few shoulder mobility exercises not that they seem to aid anything.

Scott32 likes this.
  9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Started the day off with a 4k walk, would have done 5 but wasted time picking blackberries again LOL Hit the gym after brekky for a quad session. Had a bit of a ticker with what I was doing today, be interesting to see how it goes over the weeks.

A: Leg Press: 10x120, 200x12, 10
    B: Lunges Bodyweight: 2 sets x30 each leg
    C: Belt Calf: #22+15 x21, 17
    D: Calf Press: 110x20, 20 (17+3)

Go things rolling by getting back to the proper leg press. Target here was knees to ears pretty much. Unracked my first work weight on 220 and realised that would not end well so took 20 off. 200 was still heavy but workable, reps should also climb swiftly over the weeks. The depth was brutal. Something a bit different after that, bodyweight lunges. With presses not being maximal the first set wasn't so bad so did a 2nd set, I did seem to tighten up between the 2 BTW. But these were interesting and I'm sure as press work increases these will become less fun each time. Belted calf work came straight in at last blocks ending weight and hit good reps. Calf press was done RP style but same weight.

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

My once every 4 weeks late shift on a friday fell today. Seeing as I had all the shopping etc today I went with the usual theme of splitting todays session but this time I had half a mind to finish it off at work rather than leave it til tomorrow. And on that note I have just done the second part of the session. Got a good 5k in this morning too so it's been all go so far.

am
    A: Hammer Rows: 12x20s, 40s x17, 13
    B: LPD: #12x19, 13
    C: DB Forearm Curls: 20s x25, 25 (18+7)
    pm
    D: EZ Pulley Curls: x35, 60x14, 12
    E: Spider Curls: 12.5s x17, 13
    F: Free Reverse Tri Ext: 20x29, 29 (19+10)

Got the morning started with hammer rows and got back to work with 40 a side. Does feel heavy and a bit of a rude awakening for the shoulder but did 2 good sets here. LPD reps were tough afterwards but form was pretty tight. Finished this very brief session off with some DB forearm curls for a cheeky pump and RPed the 2nd set. Went for a wider grip on the EZ bar for my curls, 1st set felt a bit ropy on the shoulder but the 2nd was better, harder work with this grip too it would seem. Spider curls were more straight forward and these went fine. Wrapped up the mini arm blast with some reverse grip ext work on the pulley, RPing the 2nd set. High reps but felt good.

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Early gym session today but a wholesale change to how this one goes. I think all the volume on heavily fatiguing compounds on my leg days MAY be hindering all round recovery for my training frequency, especially when only cruising. That's partly why leg press is now followed by BW lunges (and the next will be hacks and ext not 2 squat variants). Having done some good GMs I opted to drop SLDL for a less arduous selection. But all that to come in a moment, the rest of the day involved getting the Mrs up to my work then hitting town for the hairdressers and to get Zach a pair of school jeans (which somehow became a £100 shop - that's fvcked this months budget as I'm now on target to be overdrawn with all the back to school, concert tickets etc etc).

A: Laying Ham Curls: #8x16, 13
    B: Single Leg Stand: #3x20, 14
    C: Press Calf: 140x16, 12
    D: Seated Calves: 40x20, 20 (17+3)

Altho it felt weird starting without something more heavy duty things got going well. Kept quite a wide foot position and form tight for 2 very solid sets on laying ham curls. Single leg ones, done standing, were annoying. It's been a while since I did these and when I did them last my left glute/ham niggle was prevalent. It was still. Hinge work never bothers it at the time but I feel it must hamper it's recovery but I do these and I feel it from rep 1!!! Might tinker a little bit with the tech but I suspect these won't stay in beyond these block. Heavy calf press work went well, may be too well on set 1 but set 2 held on too. Seated calf work was a simple 2 sets, 1 being RP. Quite nice not feeling totally spent having done SL work but also felt a bit lacklustre.

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Last session was split over 2 days. Few errands on yesterday and with being on the day shift today it just was easier to divvy it up rather than do 1 full session and 1 day off. Lots of cooking to do yesterday and work was fairly full on today so it all worked out OK.

Sun
    A: Incline Hammer Press: 10x30s, 50x19, 14
    B: Incline Cable Fly (high): 25s x20, 16
    E: Upright Rows: 60x18, 14
    Mon
    C: Close Grip: (chest press) x95, 155x18, 13
    D: /\ Bar PD: 45s x19, 19 (15+4)
    F: Inc DB Curl: Myoreps 15s x20, 20 (14+6)

Sticking with some machine focussed shoulder stability pressing work I used the hammer press yesterday with the seat low for more upper focus. Not perfect on the shoulder but found a workable groove, good control making even a light weight good work. Flyes were attempted on a higher seat set up just to see, jury's out but we'll see if I can last the full block with this positioning. Finished off with some upright rows, felt heavy TBH but went alright. All sets yesterday done straight. Todays CG work was done on the seated press machine, highest seat setting seems to be good for this so hopefully the block will go well. /\ PD work wasn't quite as easy as I would have liked but can't question form and control IMO so I'll take it. RPing the sets here. Biceps to finish were done RPing, will keep an eye on the shoulder here as the RP reps are not the most comfy but doable.

13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

No escaping a drenching today. I didn't get my 5k in but after giving the car a rain assisted wash and already being wet I did stick in a couple of km. With my wet walk to and from gym that was all I was willing to do today as I also had a wet ride in to work.

A: Hack Squats: 10x40, 70x13, 11
    B: Leg Ext: 62.5x18, 14
    C: Belted Calves: #22+15 x22, 18
    D: Calf press myoreps: 110x22 +5x5

So starting this session off with deep hack squats. Knees not happy on the warm up set but the work sets were fine altho these will not be fun once the RIR drop and the sets go up. Leg Ext next rather than a double squat session. These were good, pretty intense but did the job. Calf work rounded things off nicely, belted work was nicely on point and the press side of things with the RP added in put a good stamp on the end of the session.

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Another day shift and another split session. Busy day so no trouble getting my steps in, hit the 10k on my way back from my pm gym session. Busy evening too as the Mrs asked me to make the lasagne and I have a bread baking session to do (last proof under way).

am
    C: Drag Curls EZ (wide): 10x35s, 60s x19, 14
    D: DB Curls: 15s x19, 14
    E: Tricep X-over Ext: 15s x17, 17 (14+3)
    pm
    A: T Bar Deficit Rows: 50x16, 13
    B: V Bar Pull Downs: #12x18, 12
    F: Wrist Curls: #14x22, 22 (15+7)

Went for a slightly wider grip on EZ drag work, shoulder was a little 'meh' about it with the odd twinge but all ultimately went well. Same issue on DB curls, especially towards the end so just went with straight sets and no fancy metabolite work (save that for the extra bi day of at all). Wrapped up the morning session with some tricep work (instead of chest as of late) and a little RP work there. Afternoon session saw back as a priority. As some lad was doing every variation possible on the PD machine I started with T bar rows, no deficit set up, just straight up this time and worked well. Got back to the PDs and still had to work in with the same guy on it earlier, 2 simple sets here which moved well. Might have liked more reps but doing this 2nd in the list probably cost me a couple. Ended the session with some forearm work.

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

On to week 2. Got on with things quite swiftly this morning and was ready for the gym by 10:30 with food prepped, walk done etc. Feeling fairly fresh today too.

A: Hack Squat GMs: 10x80, 110x17, 16, 14
    B: Seated Ham Curl: 80x20, 14, 10
    C: Press Calves: 140 x16, 14, 12
    D: Seated Calves: 45x21, 21 (18+3), 21 (16+5)

Hit the hack squats GMs with +10 today, no idea why I thought that would be fine but I did and I was spot on. 3 good sets. Seated hams, even with the extra GM work, went well too. 3 sets here as well and squeezed out an extra rep here and there too. Calf press work showing some promise, +2 on the opening set and the 2nd set with a decent last set. RP seated work was starting to burn a bit but RPed my way thru some good sets there.