The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

One of those 'can't win' sort of days today. Yesterday was fine, did half my workout while on the early shift and got all the shopping etc done after work leaving the rest for today. Knowing that I could do my session today at my work gym I got my walk in when I woke up instead of hitting my workout. Got home to my son moaning that I hadn't woken him up as he needed dropping off at his 'friends' swearing blind that we had a full conversation about it (which we didn't). Got back from that to head up my place with the Mrs who then goes on a rant about what we're doing today (knowing I'm overdrawn and not really wanting to keep on raiding savings) but essentially starting an argument before I can even reply - what she clearly means is 'what am I going to spend on her' because any suggestion I make that doesn't involve spending money on her is dismissed, and if I ask her what she'd like to do she then rants about why can't I come up with something. So yeah, I think she was more interested in a fight today rather than actually spending any time together. The result of which is us both milling around the house now in silence LOL suits me TBH

Fri am
    A: Machine Flat Press: 10x110, 200x13, 10... 185x10
    B: Cable Xover Flye: 35x25, 25 (21+4), 25 (18+7)
    F: SLRs: 5s x 26, 23, 23
    Sat am
    C: Cable Free PDs: x35, 60x21, 17, 14
    D: Cable EZ Bar PDs: 40s x22, 22(17+5). 22 (13+6+3)
    E: Free Curls: #4x18, 18 (12+4+2)

Yesterday's session started off alright. No huge gains on the pressing but a couple of extra reps in there, it then seemed prudent to go lighter for the 3rd set as I suspected reps would drop quite a bit. Seemed a good call. Xover flyes were also ok, shoulder not kicking off too much at all today. RPed the following sets this week to see how it would fair and seemed good. Wrapped up that half of my workout with SLRs, nice and light, strict tech and a few extra reps. Everything done for 3 sets today and no bother in doing so either. his morning's session kicked off with Free PDs, this pulley certainly moves better that the one at my local gym. Heavier weight and no problem beating reps even with some post chest workout tightness in the way. EZ work on this pulley seemed up on the last block comparison, RPed sets 2 and 3 but all moving well here. RPed my way thru free curls too, other pulley I used last week was a xover one but managed to replicated the angles here as much as I could and hit biceps hard for the few sets I did.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Early morning, pre-brekky quad session in store today. Got a few steps in later at my work gym with the Mrs but not as much as I would like as she was done quicker than I expected and I had spent some time working on my dodgy shoulder. Might try and get a quick stroll round the block later just to get me up closer to where I should be. Not much else to report today other than being n the middle of some bread baking as per usual.

A: Leg Press: 10x120, 200x13, 12, 11
    B: Lunges Bodyweight: 1x30 each leg
    C: Belt Calf: #22+15 x23, 18, 14
    D: Calf Press: 110x21, 21, (16+5), 21 (15+4+2)

Early morning super deep leg presses are an interesting beast. 1 rep up on set 1, 2 on set 2 and then the extra 3rd set. All went well tho and felt on point hitting the quads well. I was able to clarify this by getting my lunges done immediately after my last set of leg presses and these were certainly tougher than last week, happy just to leave these at 1 set TBH especially with the reps being so high. Belted calf work was all good, little bit extra on last week plus the 3rd set for good measure and then finished things off with rest-pause reps on the press for them.

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Monday shift saw my am/pm split on the menu. Arms done first thing and back done just now. Felt a bit tired today, not physically and not that impacted training. Ribs and chips for tea will sort that out.

am
    D: EZ Pulley Curls: x35, 60x16, 13, 10
    E: Spider Curls: 12.5s x18, 14, 13
    F: Free Reverse Tri Ext: 25s x28, 28 (19+6+3), 28 (14+8+6)
    pm
    A: Hammer Rows: 12x20s, 40s x19, 14, 11
    B: LPD: #12x19, 16, 15
    C: DB Forearm Curls: 22.5s x26, 26 (18+8), 26 (14+7+5)

What better way to start a Monday than with some EZ curls. No major shoulder grumbles on these today (just a small moment) and was nicely up in reps and well dialled. Spider curls, altho coming on quickly after EZ work, also saw a solid display of reps. reverse Tri went up in weight due to the high reps last week yet still nearly matched the same level, RP sets did the job nicely. Afternoon session started off with hammer rows, can usually feel the tightness related to my shoulder on this but today, while not exactly perfect it was certainly notably better for some reason which probably also helped get some good rep gains. LPD had a slightly stagnant start which didn't really surprise me after rows, but sets 2 and 3 were sound and seemed to also help the shoulder if I briefly paused in the full stretch. DB grip curls to finish for the forearms, up 2.5 as the 20s were in use but still bettered the reps from last week.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Started the day off with my 5k walk and a bit of blackberry picking and after breakfast was still up the gym fairly early

A: Laying Ham Curls: #8x17, 14, 11
    B: Single Leg Stand: #4x21, 20, 17
    C: Press Calf: 140x18, 15, 14
    D: Seated Calves: 45x22, 22 (19+3), 22 (16+6)

After a single warm up set got the ham curls whirling and really feel this hit the mark when fresh. 3 good sets here. Bit of a revelation on the single leg work and I discovered with a little glute extension I get no niggle pains upped the weight here and hit good reps, altho between 1 and 2 I forgot to account for the fact that one leg is resting so didn't need the 2 minutes I probably took. Heavy calf presses looking like I could get away with another increase. Seated calf work moved well too, extra reps nailed here. Happy with that session and liking the fact it doesn't require huge recovery.

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Another day shift and another am/pm split for my session. Work gym slowly getting busier with students and public returning so having to pick my tie slots quickly but all good so far.

a.m.
    C: Close Grip: (chest press) x95, 155x21, 14, 11
    D: /\ Bar PD: 45s x20, 20 (16+4), 20 (12+6+3)
    F: Inc DB Curl: Myoreps 15s x21, 21(14+7), 21 (12+6+3)
    p.m.
    A: Incline Hammer Press: 10x30s, 50x23, 17, 13
    B: Incline Cable Fly (high): 25s x21, 17, 14
    E: Upright Rows: 60x18, 14, 11

Things got off to a positive start on CG presses, shoulder moving well and a fair few additional rep knocked out with relative comfort and that's not even counting the extra set. PD work solid enough too after that, only 1 rep extra on the sets but all went well. Inc Db curls felt very smooth at first, last set was a little more bothersome on the shoulder... baby step tho. Got to the gym quickly after work and got off to an equally good start here, Hammer press work also up a good few reps on last week and moving fairly well. Flyes were understandably a bit more challenging but got the extra work I needed and the shoulder fell in to the groove well. Upright rows gave me nothing tho, not going to moan as I was happy with form and it felt good enough, I did have the extra set tho.

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Well on top of things today. All my food for the day prepped early (altho I'll have to prep for tomorrow's early shift when I get home tonight), got my walk in (and blackberry haul) had breakfast then hit hit the gym at half 10.

A: Hack Squats: 10x40, 70x17, 13, 10
    B: Leg Ext: 62.5x19, 14, 12
    C: Belted Calves: #22+17.5 x22, 18, 14
    D: Calf press RP reps: 110x21, 21 (16+5), 21 (15+6)

A most interesting start to proceedings. Can't say my mojo was fully on it but everything seemed to click once I got the warm up set out of the way. 4 reps up on set 1 and they felt solid, another 3 on the 2nd set and a solid outing on the 3rd too. The result of all this was nothing beyond the expected reps on ext work matching wk2 of the last block, but reps felt good enough. Belted calf work went up 2.5 and just lost 1 rep on the session earlier in the week so I'll take that. RP work on the calf press was just able to hold to a +1 on each set, with the addition of the 2nd week's 3rd set not a worry.

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

The usual 2 day split for my 'Friday' session, getting half done yesterday and half done this morning before getting the Mrs up to my work gym. No walking done per se on either day but easily hit step target yesterday and only have 2k to go to hit it today so shouldn't be an issue. Weighed in at 97.4 on waking this morning. Felling a little flat at this weight as I'm cruising, a bit of AAS has me looking a bit better when I don't have the gym pump on but I've also been cruising for 3 months now. Looking forward to pay day so I can put this month behind me and with any luck finally get the next blast underway, just need a deca and enough test to ride in to the next cruise and I'm sorted til after Xmas.

Fi
    C: Drag Curls EZ (wide): 10x35s, 60s x21, 16, 13
    D: DB Curls: 15s x21, 16, 13
    E: Tricep X-over Ext: 15s x19, 19 (15+4), 19 (12+4+3)
    Sat
    A: T Bar Ext Rows: 50x17, 14, 11
    B: V Bar Pull Downs: #12x19, 13, 11
    F: Wrist Curls: #14x23, 23 (16+7), 23 (15+8)

Shoulder giving me the usual gip on bicep work (it just doesn't like holding things in place while I curl). That said drag curls were alright even with the wider grip and got a few extra reps in before adding the 4th set. DB curls also saw some good extra reps despite the niggling, those last reps do get grumbly but got he job done. Forgot to log the last set so have 'assumed' I got about 13 out. Tri ext got +2 on each set and managed to lock things in for minimal bother, reps felt good. Rows this morning felt fairly good after yesterday's niggles so happy with that. Not much extra gained and had to work for it all but a solid 4 sets. LPDs the same, certainly feeling the rows work on these but tech was on point I felt and other than the 11th rep on the 3rd set no complaints. Forearm work was a good pump and RP work certainly tested things. Got some rehab and trigger point work in PWO and up at the work gm with the mrs between a couple of 1k walks.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I put the usual Sunday plan in to motion with the early leg day and then expecting to take the Mrs to my work gym only after waiting downstairs and her running half an hour or so late she finally fessed up to feeling rough and not up for it. Left me with a day to get stuff sorted so finished the shopping, cooked my bulk food prep up and replanted some of those mini tree/shrub things in the hope that I can create a hedge. But that was all after a decent start to week 3 of this training block. Worth noting last night I had a blinding beer, 6.7% and a 750ml bottle of delectable sourness so I did fear it may hinder today's session....

A: Hack Squat GMs: 10x4, x80, 120x19, 18, 15, 14
    B: Seated Ham Curl: 82.5x21, 15,... 80x11
    C: Press Calves: 145 x17, 13, 12, 10
    D: Seated Calves: 45x23, 23(16+7), 23 (15+8)

So.... reps were creeping upon GMs last wee so I upped it by 10kg... and still did more reps, really solid smooth reps too for the full 4 set quota. Seated ham work next was slightly scuppered by me not realising the 'extra' plate was clicked in, this meant that the +1 rep that I fought for on the 1st 2 sets could probably have been left at evens but there you go. Too the 3rd set back down to 80 and rattled out easy reps here but I forgot to log it, I think it was 11 reps. Upped calf press to also bring the reps down a bit and again ended out pretty much hitting the same mark so all good here and 4 sets. Seated calf work to finish up on was all decent, +2 reps on each set.

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Another a.m. p.m. split day today. I dodged the rain and have somehow got my steps just about in. Not too busy day at work but did get home to bread making, flat bread making and chicken kebab making for tea and only just sat down now at half 7. Decent sessions today other than fvcking up the p.m. part at the beginning...

Fri am
    A: Machine Flat Press: 10x110, 200x15, 11... 185x11, 10
    B: Cable Xover Flye: 40x24, 24 (20+4), 24 (21+3)
    F: SLRs: 5s x 28, 25, 23, 23
    Sat am
    C: Cable Free PDs: x35, 60x........ 17, 15, 14
    D: Cable EZ Bar PDs: 40s x23, 23(17+6), 23 (15+8)
    E: Free Curls: 30s x20, 20(15+5) 20 (12+5+3), 20 (12+5+3)

Opened the day up with machine pressing. Managed to squeeze 3 reps extra out on the opening 2 sets which was good going for me (dunno what that will leave me for next week but we'll see) then when I dropped down got a couple of good sets there too. Flyes were weird, good weird. Upped the weight but only 1 rep down for 5kg a side, last set was also weird, almost the strongest set of the lot. SLRs were jus about the best I remember them being for a long time so did 4 sets. The afternoon session got off to a stinker, really slow start doing CG work on the pulley, then realised I was meant to be doing Free Dips on them so bailed after 3 sets to do 3 sets of the dip variant Free PD but they went well when I got to them considering the energy I'd wasted. EZ work held it's own nicely, shoulder niggle feeling it all by now but 3 solid sets and +1 on each. Curls at the end were fine, altho biceps felt like they would explode at one point, pushed out 4 sets here too anyway and was up from 18 to 20 reps.

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Morning walk and blackberry pick done, breakfast done, leg session well and truly done. After overdoing some of my tricep work yesterday my shoulder felt like cr4p all evening and this morning, thankfully it seems to have sorted itself out during my session today tho.

A: Leg Press: 10x120, 205x15, 14, 11, 9
    B: Lunges Bodyweight: 1x30 each leg
    C: Belt Calf: #22+17.5 x24, 19, 16, 14
    D: Calf Press: 110x22, 22, (17+5), 22 (16+6)

No hanging about once I got in this morning, upped the leg press by 5kg, not much but still ended out getting more reps in. By the last set tho, things were getting tough. Altho not as tough as getting straight up from that final set and into my walking BW lunges for a total of 60 lunge steps. Once I stopped breathing out of my ar5e from that it was calf time. Belted work moved nicely and got a few extra reps in before the 4th set was tagged on. Rest pause work on the press calf work was held to 3 sets but these were all good going.

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Manic day at work today, not directly a problem for me but, man, other depts need to sort their sh!t out!! Wasn't going to bother the important stuff, like training. Got my usual am/pm split in. Shoulder a bit ropy doing arms this morning but faired better hitting back later. Just topped up with ribs and chips for tea.

am
    D: EZ Pulley Curls: x35, 60x20, 15, 12, 11
    E: Spider Curls: 12.5s x19, 15, 14
    F: Free Reverse Tri Ext: 30s x24, 24 (17+7), 24 (13+8+3), 24 (13+6+4)
    pm
    A: Hammer Rows: 12x20s, 40s x21, 16, 12, 11
    B: LPD: #12x21, 17, 15
    C: DB Forearm Curls: 25s x23, 23 (15+8), 23 (13+7+3), 23 (13+6+4)

Curls were a strange beast today, you can see on the vid that my opening set was no fun. Shoulder just wouldn't settle. After that set tho things were decent enough. But even the first set was up a good few reps and 4 sets left me baked. Spider curls still held their own fighting out +1 on each set. Hit 4 sets on the reverse exts too, and upped the weight. Tough going here but solid with reps more where I wanted them. I started the pm session of by doing a couple of quick 'trigger point' things which seemed to let things move a tad better. Hammer rows felt good with no major biting in the shoulder resulting a few extra reps too. 4 solid sets. Worked for LPDs too, just 3 sets and only +3 reps in total but all good. A quick finish on DB grip curls, upped the weight and fought for the reps.

12. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Duuude I am back online and I have me telly back on LMAO

Is that shoulder playing up again? I think it's time to cut it off and get a bionic one instead.

How's life in Vestenders? Has the little dude not got his lass up the duff yet?

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Sorry for the delay Mick mate the Portuguese cable guys managed to completely fcuk the internet LOL.

So do you reckon I got my estrogen down to low ? As that makes sense tbh.

No AI mate I don't touch them

Been thinking I am probably best off not blasting when the temperature is right up as it fcuks with my diet and keeping hydrated can be a problem.So will look at timing it better next year.

So if I ran the same blast again I would be better off chucking a bit dbol in there

Have I got that right?

Cheers

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Shoulder still goes in waves. Does my head in, been good in the gym then aches for a day afterwards.

TH and his GF have raised the question ift having another kid more than once now so I don't think they care what our opinion is, I think they're setting us up. Made it very clear we won't be so helpful if they do tho and altho they claim SS won't care you can bet we'll flag them up but they'll be flying solo. Right now they all have covid. TH was celebrating how she now has a routine in the morning as the kid and the dog were stressing her out... Yeah great! Having a another kid in the answer!! Cvnts!

Zach's still seeing his 'friend' all the time but is adamant they aren't a couple.

Been a busy spell tho as my line manager found her brother hung himself a couple of weeks back so been covering her a lot at work trying to ease her burdens where I can. Makes you think for sure.

15. RAD

RAD Elite Member

My wrists have been playing up busy building a huuuge deck and the cordless is upsetting them a bit..... honestly we will be on incapacity benefit in the next few years LOL.

Another one of TH's amazing ideas is he working or was that a stupid question?

Got to give Zach credit for trying but no one is buying that one.

Holy shit that's really bad news she must be devastated