The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Funny old 24hrs. Been hectic at work which is unusual for me. Mrs being a nightmare with her weed (sorted some out with my mate, she got impatient, got some of her friend then wanted me to cancel with my guy - just a PITA). Finally bought Zach's gaming PC today... £990.01 FFS, that's assuming they have all the upgrades and parts in stock as I custom built it (get me!) Got 10mins to do this now before I'm off on a 40min round trip to pick my son up from a mates too *sighs*

a.m.
    C: Drag Curls EZ (wide): 10x35, 65x21, 18, 13
    D: DB Curls: 15s x18, 13, 10
    E: Tricep X-over Ext: 15s x18, 13, 10
    p.m.
    A: T Bar Ext Rows: 50x18, 14, 11
    B: V Bar Pull Downs: #13x19, 14, 12 (LPD oops)
    F: Wrist Curls: #15x22, 22 (15+7), 22 (14+6+2)

So briefly.... drag curls on the same weight. Extra set as everything has been this 2nd week and reps just about up. DB curls are still annoying on my shoulder but got my extra work in here too. Really need to rethink these tho. Tri Ext Xs were solid tho, no issues here really and strong reps for an iso. Hitting back went fine, still quite warm even by 5pm (had to go via the pharm for the Mrs, more errands LOL). Started with the same raised set up on T bar I had last week and was going fine, last set I stood on a couple of blocks which seemed to get a better line I think so I'll see how next week goes. Just realised I fvcked up on PDs as I did LPD not V bar, and with the extra weight this may explain why my shoulder has been grumpy since I got back. Wrist curls finished things off fine, good burn here.

2. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

What's the spec of the beast you built mara?

Fingers crossed for test results etc

How are you feeling about it all? If you don't wanna say in here I appreciate that

3. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Fcuk me that's some serious wedge on a computer,so you've had it built to your specs, you must be well up on these things ,if I had done that he would have ended up with something similar to a Sinclair ZX81.

See it makes no difference if I don't mention your shoulder!

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Not sure I can even remember lol 12gb GC, 1TB hard drive, upgraded the SSD too. Full fan capacity. 16gb ram. Ryzen 5. Win10. Had to upgrade motherboard for WiFi too.

mick_the_brick likes this.
  5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

As for the Mrs situ... TBH until I know what I'm dealing with I'm not focussing too much. Once I know what I need to worry about then I'll start worrying. Not that I'm not bothered but just compartmentalized now.

Shoulder has calmed down a lot this evening

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

A mate of mine has a 10k set up so I ran a couple of choices by him and got a crash course lol

8. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I haven't got a fcukin clue what all that means LMAO.

dirtyvest likes this.
  9. mick_the_brick

Cool mate thx for sharing that will be a good start for him with that spec.

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Hope so, it's come in at just under 1k. They did mail me today as one of my upgrades supersedes another, but with any luck I can get them to chuck in something else rather than refund me a 10er... heads too fried think about it LOL Almost every cheaper option I could find inevitably needed things adding or upgrading bringing me back to nearly 1k regardless, this way I at least get a bit more bang for my buck

Rad: neither do I, but at least I can now start to sound like I know something

RAD likes this.
  11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Another mild morning to get my walk in and hit the gym. Week 3 now so starting to get real again but feeling in good form.

A: Hack Squat GMs: 10x80, 160x16, 14, 12, 11
    B: Seated Ham Curl: 82.5x22, 14, 11
    C: Press Calves: 150x17, 13, 11, 10
    D: Seated Calves: 30x22, 22 (20+2), 22 (18+4)

Another fairly hefty jump in weight and another fairly decent performance. Need to make sure I got get slack and lose tightness but otherwise pretty happy with the work here. Seated hams were pretty good after that lot, only a couple of reps up but that's still a win and felt on the money. Heavy calf presses also pretty respectable, 4 sets made an honest man of me but reps came well compared to last week. Seated work saw quite a few more reps and I am not aware that I was doing anything obviously that would explain it so we'll put it down to that fact that my calves must now be getting hooooooge.

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Good news.... hospital has been on the phone and it is not cancer. Apparently we are looking at some form of TB... she has vascilitis and a +ve ANCA test but TB and RA can both register a +ve for that (whatever that is LOL) but she has some disease which is a member of the TB family they just need to investigate further to know exactly what and obviously it is treatable

RAD and mick_the_brick like this.
  13. mick_the_brick

Fantastic news mara

How are you feeling now?

14. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Excellent news I bet that's a massive relief for the both of you.

TB type of disease that's a weird one....but at least it's treatable.

Dude as you know I have a ps5 and supposedly it can do a shit load of other stuff but that's completely wasted on me as I just play games on it tbh it took me a while to just figure out how to switch the fcuker off when I first got it LMAO.

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

TBH, Mick, I hadn't let myself get too caught up in the 'not knowing' so while it's definitely a huge relief I hadn't got to the point where I was scared for her. Of course all her fvcking around with quitting smoking is null and void now, and she'll do what she's going to do - which still blows my mind but it is what it is.

For £1k if Zach's computer doesn't somehow revolutionise all our lives I will feel mugged off LOL