The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. RAD

RAD Elite Member

They are good you've just got to remember not to put to much yeast in like I did the fcukin thing was like the blob literally forced the lid off and was pouring down the sides only realized when we could smell burning bread lol.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Can't beat the satisfaction of knocking out your own perfect loaf... usually do one bloomer and 6 good sized rolls each time

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Another not-so straight forward day today as I had to get the loan car dropped off for a puncture repair. So the plan was an early gym session (easily done being flexion ham work), then did some walking while waiting for the car (literally took 20 mins) then a bit when I got home. Caught up on last night's NBA games and then off to work where I have just crammed in a 4hr safer recruitment training course in to 90mins (passed) ready for doing a job interview for a colleague tomorrow (waste of time as he already works for us but that's College safeguarding protocols for you LOL)

A: Laying Ham Curls: x#6, #8x20, 15, 11, 10
    B: Single Leg Stand - extension: #6x20, 17, 13
    C: Press Calf: 150+x16, 13, 11, 11
    D: Seated Calves - Lockout: 30x23, 23 (16+7), 23 (15+8)

Nice start today, up 2 on 2 sets and could really feel these today. Then lost a rep (still +1) before doing the additional 4th set. Moving well tho. Single leg work was well, especially set 2 and I don't recall an extra rest time. Upped the heavy calf work by the '+' plate, good reps here still (it was only a 5kg addition) but really felt these work. Seated work was kept the same as I don't want to lose the focus on the lockout, opened up with an increase which I had to fight for to carry on thru the sets, but job done.

4. RAD

RAD Elite Member

How long are these twats going to take to get your motor fixed?

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

LOL ... After Mazda mugged them off with a quote to repair they have decided to do it themselves. Fingers crossed by the end of the week

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

All system go the last 24hrs. Had to interview a guy who already has a job with us for essentially doing the same job with us. No surprise, he got the job. Meant I had to get my session in a little bit earlier... it's important to get a good arm pump before professional meetings. Finished the session off this afternoon. Not a good one for resting the shoulder today but while it is aching a bit it took the work fairly well, bit vocal but not painful. Wings on the menu for tonights tea and bread currently proofing.

a.m.
    C: Close Grip: (chest press) x95, 170x18, 14, 10, 10
    D: /\ Bar PD: 45s x21, 21 (14+7), 21 (13+8)
    F: Inc DB Curl: RP 15s x20, 20 (14+6), 20 (13+7), 20 (12+6+2)
    p.m.
    A: Incline Hammer Press: 10x30s, 60x20, 13, 10, 9
    B: Incline Cable Fly (high): 25s x24, 16, 16
    E: Upright Rows: #9x23, 18, 16, 14

Kicked things off with a decent rep gain on CG work and moving well. Not sure how I didn't lose a rep on the 4th set but I'll take it. Managed to also get +1 on each set of the V push downs. BD curls, with the seat 1 notch higher, was much nicer on my shoulder. I made this switch mid session last week and lost reps, doing it from the start ramped my reps right up. Altho I did keep rests fairly short this week and they soon caught up on me. The afternoon session was decent too. Stuck with the same seat adjustment I made on the hammer press last week and it was all good, altho I accidentally went wider on my grip which the shoulder was less keen on and I may be paying for it now (Ibuprofen time) but despite all that reps were nicely up on last week. Flyes were a bit hit and miss, altho worth reminding myself that rests were short here. So only +1 but I'll take that in hindsight, bit creaky here tho today. Upright rows were mad tho, pain free and repped really well.

7. RAD

RAD Elite Member

So might have the cruise mobile back for the weekend ....bout fcukin time!!

Chicken wings were they hot and spicy ? I am off to the Indian restaurant tomorrow night as it's my mams birthday should be a good one.

Surprised the upright rows didn't cripple the shoulder I use my bench machine for them and it's been great.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Zach has got ones I just do regular BBQ for the Mrs and me.

You'll see I only pull uprights to sternum not chin which helps but yeah, after everything else I'm surprised they go well but I guess it's just well mobilised.

I've not heard on the car yet but fingers crossed.

9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I never liked spicy hot food but some weird reason I do now maybe it's a form of self harming LMAO.

I use to suffer a lot on uprights but now because of the grip I use (to the side instead of infront) it's more like a dumbbell shrug if you catch my drift,never had any problems now.

I bet you can't wait till you get your motor back

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I like spicy stuff I just don't always enjoy getting the sweats from it all so I don't tend to go for it nowadays. I'm certainly not as tolerant of it as I used to be too.

Getting the car back with a new turbo should be fun LOL

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Shoulder is a weird one. It really had no problems training yesterday but it certainly likes to let me know what I have done to it the rest of the evening, even today but again, not while training LOL All good tho today. Got my 5k in and got a tough quad session done before chilling out for a bit before going to work. Made some epic rolls last night too just so you know.

A: Hack Squats: 10x40, 85x18, 13, 9, 8
    B: Leg Ext: 65x20, 15, 13
    C: Belted Calves: #22+27.5 x19, 17, 15, 13
    D: Calf press RP reps: 110x 16, 16 (14+2), 16 (12+4), 16 (11+5)

Just a sneaky little 5kg increase on hack. Up on reps for sets 1 and 2 before finding an extra reps a struggle, but 4 sets put away with aplomb. Also went up on exts and was surprised to see these also get more reps out, only the 3 sets this week but a solid job done. Stuck with the weight increase of last session for belted calves and snuck a good few extra reps out here, not sure where they came from. Rolled with the accidental extra set I did last time on the calf press still, can't really stake a step back mid training cycle, and made better work of the reps this time round too.

12. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Should be awesome with a brand new turbo on it just don't get caught speeding about.

That shoulder would have me up the fcukin wall I was getting really pissed off with my forearm and wrists just constantly niggling away,you need someone to have a bloody good look at it is the doctor not worth a shot?

How's the Mrs doing ?

13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I'm just so used to it I forget lol.

We've got an appt for the Mrs on Monday. It's a phone call one but hoping it will shed some light on the specifics. She's smoking again and just being her... So all good lol

14. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Living with pain is what we have to do nowadays plus living with our lunatic women pain is the least of our worries LOL.

She's back on the tabs but I suppose your life is a little bit quieter so no harm,you would have thought they would give her a face to face appointment and get her sorted with meds or whatever but then again it's the NHS so a phone appointment isn't suprising lol.

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

It could be that this appt it just setting up where she goes from here and more face to face stuff will happen (I have no doubt that they will have to see her again and carry out more tests/assessments). I can't really fault how quickly they have seen her and in the current climate if they can cover matters without going in that's no bad thing. It's a PITA getting in and out of the damn place anyway. Only annoying thing is the phone appt is for something like 1pm but they want you to be available something like 2hrs either side of that time LOL