The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Perhaps go the route of smoking causes mutations in cells which can be the cause of cancer.

So even if its not the cause of this, it can still be the cause of any future issues.

Tbh as you know buddy she needs to want to give up.

I feel for you mara tbh as you obviously care more for her than she cares for herself it appears.

Do you know how your son feels about her smoking?

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

He doesn't exactly see her doing it and hasn't said anything to her about it. I would like to think if she saw he was upset by it that she may take action but TBH I could also see her getting pissed off at then feeling guilty and making her more stubborn. He is aware that the Drs do not put it down to the cause of her issues, she won't have told him they they would ideally like her to stop.

She absolutely know what it can do and that it obviously will not help. And she is, yet again, talking about cutting back down again to hopefully stop. But I still maintain that for the amount she smokes, even allowing for the extra she does that I don't see, she could do so much better

mick_the_brick likes this.
  3. mick_the_brick

As always mara wish you guys the very best

Here if you need me

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Cheers bud.... if I can get my car back I'll start to feel things are moving in the right direction at least LOL

mick_the_brick likes this.
  5. mick_the_brick

After the challenges I've overcome and still endure I'm kinda at the point in life where I accept things happen for a reason

Normally at the time it's unclear why, but I'm sure in time everything will work out the way it's meant too.

You're a good person so karma will sort the rest out

RAD likes this.
  6. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I get you on the not knowing what's going on... you just want bloody answers or at least a bit info on what their plan of action is and maybe a few pointers on what she should be doing whilst waiting for the next appointments etc.

Anything would be better than just leaving you hanging.

Getting your car back would certainly be a positive you could both do with at the moment.

7. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I totally agree Mick I am now a huge believer in things happen for a reason I have had to far to many instances of this that like you say at the time you don't why but then make a load of sense later on.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

The reality is we all have our moments where life is a challenge. Very few of us don't meet a barrage of obstacles along the way, especially as the years accumulate. You just don't always see or hear what demons others are fighting (internally or externally) for whatever reasons. I think the 'why me' mindset catches many out. It's not just you, me or them. It happens to all of us at some point and no-one 2 people deal with it or handle it the same way I guess...

mick_the_brick and RAD like this.
  9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Very true dude sometimes we look at others and think they are just breezing through life whilst we are grinding through it,but like you say we really don't know what problems they actually have.

I once read that before we are born we actually pick the life we are going to lead.

If this is true then what the fuck was I thinking did I pick my life whilst I was fcukin pissed or did I just put any old shit down for a laugh...... surely they should be vetting these things better LMAO.

dirtyvest likes this.
  10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Never trust a foetus to make decisions LOL

RAD and mick_the_brick like this.
  11. mick_the_brick

2 responses when challenging times come

Why me?

Try me!

dirtyvest likes this.
  12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Some killer work today and all has gone quite well. Lots of PWO shoulder aching (which is to be expected) but 'intra' workout the shoulder was pretty well behaved. Just annoying to train uninterrupted but then struggle to clean myself in the shower afterwards LOL. Work itself wasn't too bad today, a little busy but not as bad as of late. Still got the cough which just gives me little spells of feeling groggy but not ill.

a.m.
    D: Spider Curls: x8kg, 15s x20, 16, 14, 12
    E: Cable Pin Wheel Curls: 25s x18, 16, 13, 12
    F: Single Reverse Tri Ext: 20s x21, 17, 12, 12
    p.m.
    A: Hammer Rows: 12x20s, 45s x20, 14, 12, 10
    B: LPD: #13x20, 15, 14, 13
    C: DB Forearm Curls: 22.5s x20, 20 (18+4), 20 (15+7), 20 (14+8)

The morning arm session was smooth sailing. Kept to the 15s thru-out for the first time and hit nice reps here, forgot to log my last set but pretty sure I remember correctly. Pin Wheels, which last week were a little twingey on the shoulder, were 95% smooth today and reps were up quite well as a result. Might also explain single ext also being up a good few solid reps too. After a cold cycle ride home after work this cough was rearing up again but once I got myself sorted and down the gym I was feeling good... maybe too good cos hammer rows nearly wiped me out. Weight up, reps matched - which after last week I wasn't expecting as I didn't think I actually left much RIR last week. But the lats and extensor pump I got was brutal, but.... really good on the niggle front. LPDs got extra in too but these were a battle and perhaps a little english on the odd set for that final rep, but again, moved well. These will never be as pain free but were not bad at all. Heavier on grip curls so reps took a hit but all good. Looking forward to a flexion ham session tomorrow just for a bit of load reduction.

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Do you need help in the shower now......I was tiling the bathroom floor and had to use the toilet for support to get back on my feet..... honestly we are not growing old gracefully LOL.

Got a cough hopefully it won't progress into the flu as it's the season now for feeling awful.

So are you all sorted for Christmas ? I am done now just waiting for a couple of things to get delivered and I am sorted.

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

It's just certain angles I have no strength thru my shoulder, particularly straight after training when it's all inflamed. I also can't get that arm round my back or up to my head.

Cough is just from the temp change and the Mrs working with kids I think. Shouldn't be too bad. 4 more sessions and I'm deloading anyway.

Just got to sort the Mrs and me out otherwise Xmas and birthdays all done... Hence why I'm broke

15. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Tell me about it I sometimes get a itch in the middle of my back and I can't reach the fcuker LOL.

Kids are brilliant at spreading things just walking virus factories.

Is the Mrs hard to buy for ? Mines a fcukin nightmare especially when she says "I don't know just surprise me"

Have you thought of anything you want for Christmas or is it still up in the air?