The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. RAD

RAD Elite Member

So all the rest of Zach's needs upgrading now it's a shame it isn't coming up to Christmas .......oh wait a minute lol.

Not good when a divorced couple have more in common,I bet you dread weekends off as they never seem to go very well at all.Surely the Christmas holidays will be better.....maybe.

So still coughing up a bit crap but at least the rest of the stuff has gone.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Today is the first day I feel I am clearing out of the this cold/sinus thing.

Weekends are getting that way. We'd literally been out of the car 5 mins and she's upset Zach. She genuinely doesn't realise the effect it has on him, I can wash it off (to a point) as I get it, but I can see it hurts him at the time. But if I bring it up I get an earful for making her feel bad. But everything is just so snappy and ar5ey and unnecessary.

Yesterday afternoon there was nothing on so I said we can stick a film on (not seen Bladerunner yet), literally straight away picks up her phone and calls her mate. After 2 mins I put on the subtitles so I could follow what was going on, after another 2mins I thought this was pointless so ended out fvcking that idea off. She spends another hour on the phone

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Today marked the mid-way point for this deload. The usual Monday 2 part split to the session. Early start thankfully not too badly thrown by my staying up to watch the Grand Prix last night. Both session only took about 15mins or so, not exactly exhausting and helped by the fact that I am finally starting to feel a little bot normal again after my 2+wk long cold/sinus/chest thing. Shoulder still feels like I've been punched by the Hulk since my booster vax, but it's my bad shoulder anyway so it's not like I'm not used to it LOL Mrs in a better mood today.... can only conclude that it is my presence by being off work that sets her off, altho I have been home for 2hrs and she's still OK so who knows.

a.m.
    D: Spider Curls: x8kg, 12.5s x15, 13
    E: Cable Pin Wheel Curls: 20s x17, 13
    F: Single Reverse Tri Ext: 20s x15, 12
    p.m.
    A: Hammer Rows: 12x20s, 40s x15, 13
    B: LPD: #12x17, 12
    C: DB Forearm Curls: 20s x25, 20

So nothing too exciting again. That said spider curls should probably have been easier but I wasn't the most engaged as it was bloody cold this morning. But they were well enough. Cable pin wheels moved quick and easy too. Almost started to warm up after those and finished the a.m. session off with the single tri work. No real shoulder twinges this morning either. Back work later was a little twingey in places but essentially it was all fine too. A 5kg drop on the rows but a nicely dialled in few reps here. LPD were fine too, 2nd set a lot looser but all good and then wrapped it up with some quick forearm bits and the job was done.

4. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I get she's probably stressed out of her mind but taking it out on you and Zach isn't going to solve anything maybe the pair of you should just play on his computer and keep out of her fcukin way lol.

I think you and Zach should take the motor for a spin and accidentally end up in Portugal for Christmas.

Blade runner is a classic ,bit weird but a good film.

Good to hear your on the road to recovery

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

It was the new blade runner...

If I left the country on my own I don't think I'd come back lol

6. RAD

RAD Elite Member

A remake I am not keen on remakes they are normally shite......did you see how they fcuked up Mad Max ?

Do it dude you won't regret it LOL

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Well, I didn't get far enough in to it to pass a judgement thanks to her gassing on the phone. Watched Ryan Gosling give Dave Batista a beating then had to turn it off as the subtitles weren't doing it for me

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

After last week's debacle of question the Mrs when she wanted a lift to work I didn't bother debating it this week. Even tho it sets the start of my day off by 30-40mins (and due to traffic leaves her still having to walk half the fvcking way) and makes me leaving for work on time later a complete rush. At least with just a deload session to get done I had some time to play with so at least had a bit of time to chill at home in-between, and I did get my 5k walk in too.

A: Laying Ham Curls: x#6, #7x18, 13
    B: Single Leg Stand - extension: #6x15, 13
    C: Press Calf: 150x13, 12
    D: Seated Calves - Lockout: 30x17, 15

Nothing too exciting here. Went lighter of laying curls just so reps didn't tail off too much and they felt good and smooth, didn't rest for too long as I worked in with someone. Similar story with standing curls altho I could keep the same weight here, 2nd set burned a little with the short rest but all good and easy. Heavy calf work was fine, used my starting weight weight and kept enough in the tank. Seated was the same situation and banged out some easy reps here too.

9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

The hoodie comes out meaning it's fcukin freezing in the gym lol.

You could always jack the hat her and push her out of the car when you get near her work.

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

That would go down well... but then if anything I do is wrong I may as well go all out LOL

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Bit of a delay to proceedings this morning as I was part of the interview panel for a new HR Officer at the college so go roped in to some scripted question asking when I would normally train. Usually this would be a bot of an issue with an am/pm split but being a deload there wasn't enough work to do that would impact recovery enough to be bothered by the reduced time between sessions.

a.m.
    C: Close Grip: (chest press) x95, 155+ x16, 13
    D: /\ Bar PD: 45s x20, 16
    F: Inc DB Curl: RP 12.5s x20, 16
    p.m.
    A: Incline Hammer Press: 10x40s, 55x17, 14
    B: Incline Cable Fly (high): 30s x(#4) 18, 13
    E: Upright Rows: #9x15, 14

Went lighter than week 1 on the CG and just rattled out some easy, fairly niggle free, reps. VPD was same as wk1 but reps were really easy here. And in the interest of keeping the shoulder in check inc curls were taken down a weight, repped out fine here too. Come the afternoon there wasn't much left to worry about. Inc hammer work was on wk1 weight and pretty comfy to rep out after the usual opening rep or 2s niggle to get set. Had to use the regular cable cross for flyes work which the shoulder was still a little grumbly with due to the angles but less than it used to be as I recall. Had to go back a few months to find the right sort of weight, I think I picked a weight I was doing 20 with in a random wk3 and got an easy 18. Same weight as the whole block for uprights, less fatigue made reps easy but still kept them low.

12. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Exactly your in the shit no matter what so might as well enjoy yourself LOL

Interviewing people I bet that's a boring thing especially trying to look interested in their answers when you couldn't give a fcuk and rather be training!!!

I have joined you on the deload I forgot how nice they are LOL.

13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Thankfully our part of the process was only about half an hour or so long, and another guy volunteered to be the 'chair person' so only they had to go back to conclude all our views to the main panel.

My deload in nearly over.... maybe I can extend it

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

A nice day for another deload, not much to do on quads today. Got my walk in, plenty of time to watch the NBA highlights, mrs had a load of leftover dinners in the fridge which I had for munch in one big concoction rather than making sandwiches (sure I'll get some grief later for eating it when she'd planned to have but never before has it not ended up in the bin).

A: Hack Squats: 10x40, 80x 14, 10
    B: Leg Ext: 62.5x18, 14
    C: Belted Calves: #22+25 x20, 16
    D: Calf press RP reps: 100x15, 13

The cold walk didn't do much to warm up the knees but hacks all went fine, deep and full with wk1 weight. That said, even a easy leg workout has me breathing hard, the depth probably doesn't help that situation. Ext were easy, matching weeks 1 reps like they were nothing so that was OK. Calf work rattled out no problem too.

15. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Extend it I am loving it lol.

Maybe we should rethink this training stuff and go permanently on reloads.

How's home life? Everything calmed down?

Plus how's the new motor does it feel any different?