The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Manic day today... on the late shift at work but after having a puncture when I left work last night I had that to add to my list of chores as well as the shopping, a couple of errands for the Mrs, the gym, etc etc. To top it all off, when I got my son up, after getting home at midnight due to a puncture and THEN making everyone's packed lunch cos heaven forbid they should help out, he asks me to phone him in sick so he could hang with his mate. FVCK THAT LOL

a.m.
    A: Incline Hammer Press: 10x40s, 60x19, 14
    B: Incline Cable Fly (high): 30s x20 (+3), 18 (+3)
    E: Upright Rows: #9x19, 18
    p.m.
    C: Close Grip: (chest press) x95, 170 x17, 13
    D: /\ Bar PD: 50s x18, 18 (12+6)
    F: Inc DB Curl: 15s x17, 15

Some residual shoulder aching lately from training but once moving there were no issues today. Made it an early start so I could get trained and showered before doing my jobs then just hit my p.m session a couple of hours ago to finish off. Warm up on hammer press did feel uncomfortable but the main sets were actually pretty good. Started on my top weight from the last block and pretty much hit my mark. Flyes were their usual very clunky on the first set but the 2nd was much smoother. The '+' reps were where I rounded the set off with a few presses. Uprights by numbers should have had more in them but they felt right where they should be at the time so we'll see how those go. The later session wasn't too bothered by the shoulder, which isn't usually how the day goes. Opened up quite heavy on the CG pressing work and managed decent reps. PDs were done kneeling for some extra form, good reps here. I dropped the RP sets on the DB work this time round as this does tend to trigger the shoulder, cruising now so a better time to slightly hold back on the odd thing too. The straight sets were good tho.

2. RAD

RAD Elite Member

3. RAD

RAD Elite Member

You know I think I have had a day of chasing about until I read about your day LOL.

So you make everyone's lunch and they don't lift a finger fcuk that if it was me they find a apple in there and not else !!

My Mrs has been ill today so I have been running about getting stuff done by 6pm I was fcukin sick so went into the gym which was for the best or things might have got a bit heated LMAO.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I've just done a round of pancakes (altho at least I'll get to eat most of them if they don't).

At least I got home ok last night. Was out an hour early too, so finally caught a break.

And they say we are hard work when we're ill. If I'm ill I am properly rough. None of this having a sniffle and passing the buck to everyone else (I hope they never get out logins here)

5. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I am loving my gluten free protein pancakes with plenty of butter and maple syrup.....bloody gorgeous even the Mrs likes them lol.

So did you have your Christmas works party and everything was ok?

We would be fcuked if they ever read this LMAO But your right it's a scientific fact men do infact get a higher dose of any illness that's going round than women they get the little girly version, but we take it on the chin and don't piss and moan about it.

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

We don't moan to them anyway... Just plead our case for martyrdom here lol.

Work do was ok. Not my best bowling show but a decent night out. Last night took the Mrs to the local national trust place for some Xmas light sightseeing which was good... Actually trouble free Unfortunately Zach is in one again as despite several chats about winding in gatherings so we can see my mum on xmas his mates have rearranged their camp night from last month to the 22nd... Half a dozen of them all in one tent. Why he thought the Mrs would say yes I have no clue, so he's in one now. I'm not even seeing my best mate who I've seen once in the last 2 years because of it.

Just made french toast with egg and chocolate casein. Stuffed now

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Nothing on the cards today so pretty much could organise my day as I wish. Zach's ex is over for tea so I have that to do but otherwise, got my walk in, cut it slightly short as I also gave myself a small lie-in. Ate then hit the gym for quads after the mrs telling me that if Zach kicks off about not being allowed to hang with his mates I'll have to sack it off (like him hanging in an enclosed space with 6 mates is the same as me training in a gym the size of a football pitch with 6 people in it with no-one within 4mtrs of me!!). All good tho, I'll just go for a 'walk' still LOL

A: Hack Squats: 10x50, 90x 15, 11
    B: Leg Ext: 67.5x17, 11
    C: Belted Calves HEAVY: #22+30 x16, 14
    D: Calf press LOCKOUT RP reps: 110x14, 14, (11+3)

For some silly reason I decided to start these where I finished them (weight wise), all went quite well and idea is to have a block where the rep volume isn't quite so unforgiving so we'll see. Solid work tho and reps right on point. Same went for exts and hot good reps on these too. No doubt these will be more of a struggle and hacks go up but we'll play that by ear. Belted calves were 1 rep better than earlier in the week and calf press work broke even.

8. RAD

RAD Elite Member

It's pointless moaning they couldn't give a fcuk LOL.

Zach seems to be a right one at the minute,do you reckon it's down to raging hormones or still fcuked off that this lass has his head in bits?If my parents had bought me a £1000 computer I would be still on cloud 9.

French toast sounds awesome I have found casein is great for pancakes where as whey makes them stodgy as fcuk.

So the Mrs wants you to sack the gym in to make a point to Zach.........fcuk that

Look just get a flight over here I have a gym and there's no one going to moan at you about anything....how does that sound? Lol

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I think Zach is just in one of those phases where the world is against him. He sees a couple of other girls but this one seems to have him wrapped up even tho she has other males friends - probably plays them all off against each other. He's been a bit better today.

Whey is versatile but it does go like wall paper paste too easily. Casein does seem to be more versatile for cooking with.

I've only been asked to knock the gym on the head from Thursday (I'll see if she remembers LOL)... TBF I think it's mainly to make sure we're all clear for Friday and Saturday.

I've put her Script concert tickets up for resale, I'll use that to get my ferry crossing over

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Had planned on splitting my session up today (as I usually do) but with a few potential jobs on for today (including get over to my Dad's to swap presents over) I figured with it still being wk1 I could easily get the whole lot done this morning with no drama. No walk done as such and still a 2k short of my usual 10k target so may have to get a bit of a wander in later, I think pushing the trolley round the shops doesn't register on my steps unless I actually connect it to my phone GPS as my arm isn't swinging.

A: T Bar Ext Rows: x30, 50x18, 12
    B: V Bar Pull Downs: #13x16, 11
    C: Drag Curls EZ (wide): 10x35, 65x18, 13
    E: Tricep X-over Ext: 15s x16, 15
    D: DB Curls: 15s x14, 13
    F: Wrist Curls: #16x20, 20 (13+7)

Got rolling with T bar rows as per usual. Moved well for an early start (only about half an hour after waking) and dialled in to the lats well. VPD started on my end load, little more delicate here but still moved well and got some respectable reps out not forcing the issue too much. Drag curls done up this gym had a narrower bar but good reps on a heavy load, oddly this set up feels heavy when heavy but lighter when light compared to the one at my work, but a good first week on these. I moved Tri work in next just to I wasn't at risk of moving away to finish biceps and someone else using it, this is where the lighter work felt light, reps were a fair bit up on where I would expect them to be here. DB curls went alright, leaning back seemed to keep the shoulder from kicking off too much and while I'm not a fan of the thicker handles for this exercise they were all good and wrist curls at the end finished things off fine.

11. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Grab him by the throat and tell him it's nearly Christmas so cheer the fcuk up!! He needs to bin that lass off she certainly sounds like she's a manipulator but then again she's a woman so that's a given lol.

Casein is definitely better for pancakes my whey ones were like bloody rubber just going to make shakes with it from now on.

Get the ferry dude I will set you a place for Christmas dinner.

You could always swing your arm whilst pushing the trolley and you wouldn't look like a fruit loop or anything.

Have you broke up from work now? I have and it's AWESOME LOL!!

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

My last day is Thursday but was just off today as originally we were having Ollie. Too much time off and they'll all do my head in lol. Should be quiet this week altho I have some block bookings to organise for fvcking 22/23

He certainly needs to find a new interest... That said, it's not like a new one will be any different.

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

The block bookings would be chucked in a draw till next year if it was me but then again the reason I work for myself is that I can't be sacked LOL.

Hopefully you will actually enjoy your Christmas break and they won't end up spoiling it.

I don't know dude when we were young if a lass was dicking about she was binned off and we moved onto the next quick smart.I don't think I ever met the parents of a lass I was seeing until I was about 20yrs old and even then I started getting cold feet LMAO.

So did you eventually find some stuff you wanted for Christmas?

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I've still not found myself anything - now I've fixed the rear sprocket on my bike the idea of upgrading seems a waste cos my old girl flies now. It'll be back to watches and Jordans (altho Jordans have gone right up in price now). Could do with a couple of jumpers or something but I really need to get my thinking cap on. There's nothing I can think of that I need. My Mrs just moans that it's not about what you need, it's what you want.... but I don't really want anything either LOL

I'm hoping some kind of lockdown will make xmas less of a bother LOL It should be alright, so long as we aren't around people that pi55 us off for too long and I can get out to the gym occasionally.

Annoyingly I do have to sort these bookings out, ready for the next wave of priority bookings coming in Jan. TBF tho, I do them every year so it's just a case of rinse and repeat for everyone apart from the odd cvnt hell bent on being a PITA

Friends with Ex'es ... I tell you, the world is changing - for the worse

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Back to work today, only a 3 day week and the late shift today so the usual morning routine. Half hour lay in as the boy isn't at school but then got my walk in, hit the gym, sorted out a mega-subway lunch but better than a subway cos I made it and a blooming cold bike ride in to work.

A: Hack Squat GMs: 10x100, 170x16, 12, 11
    B: Seated Ham Curl: 82.5x21, 15. 11
    C: Press Calves heavy: 155x13, 11, 9
    D: Seated Calves lockout: 32.5x20, 20 (16+4), 20 (13+7)

Tested myself a bit on GMs going with my wk4 weight. Tried to not strap my grip in but doing so on the last set proves that it does help to secure myself in more. Good reps tho, not far off wk 4 and it's only wk2. That did make seated ham work a bit tougher but still added some work in there as well, no extra weight but reps all good. Heavy calf work was tough but solid then wrapped up with seated calves and some nice RP work.