The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Day off training was spent at work, baking bread and being bored with nothing to do lol.

You could always jog up to the other place as cardio, do your training, and then jog back...

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

First of the deloads this morning, first day back in the gym after 2 days. It was empty, well, a couple of people but I soon shoo-ed them away. Little time conscious today as we had a couple of hospital trips in the afternoon so I didn't want to be rushing anything but with only deload volume to do that wouldn't be a problem. Hospital trips all positive tho... no cancer, lungs or 'nether regions' currently to be found or noted. Lung is a bacterial infection. However, it's not a simple affair. Mycobacterium Xenopi - one of the more stubborn and harder to treat bacterium so we are looking at a good year or so of ABs possibly with an IV kickstart. No guarantee of clearing it 100% so it could mean a few years of monitoring etc but the main thing is it's not life-threatening and a decent chance of being treatable and even if not 100% successful it's still won't be a threat. Few tests need to be done prior to treatment to confirm methods and assess the Mrs for any contraindications considering the duration but we have one of the top lung treatment centres in the country here on our doorstep. Still have other issues to resolve but so far things moving in the right direction for her.

Enough about her tho, you'd all far rather know about me and my day

A: Hack Squat GMs: 10x100, 150x16, 13
    B: Seated Ham Curl: 82.5x18, 14
    C: Press Calves heavy: 155x12, 9
    D: Seated Calves lockout: 32.5x15, 14

So a pretty straight forward session. GMs moved well, weight wise was actually quite reasonable compared to past deloads etc but repped easy. Seated Ham curls, used my week 1 weight and while not far off it in reps it was also pretty comfy. Calf work, same load as usual for a heavy session, good few reps in the tank on both sets and even the seated calf work, which again was a weight I had been using in the block repped pretty well with no issues whatsoever. Did a bit of a walk with the mrs down by the river after I'd got back and eaten and that's been pretty much it for the day.

3. RAD

RAD Elite Member

So you didn't enjoy the rest lol,JOG!!!! I'm don't jog anywhere it would take me 2 days to get there lol.

Bloody great news on the mrs condition I bet that's a huge relief.surely she will be kicking the tags into now.

So your on a deload or as I call it the best training week ever lol.

Went to the other place today and dropped off my old bench and remembered to get a few pics

IMG_2022-01-20-17-03-23-266.jpg IMG_2022-01-20-17-04-12-295.jpg IMG_2022-01-20-17-03-59-550.jpg IMG_2022-01-20-17-03-49-429.jpg

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Even got a snap of the dream machine in there too. Looks like a stunning area tho bus.

Mrs quitting smoking you say???? Not a chance. Keeps saying she will but I'm not holding out for it to happen. But, yeah, huge relief regarding her condition. Long way still to go and still no further forwards on the pain she is everywhere else but it's some positive news for once

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Quick deload blast this morning. All done within half an hour in my morning break before I had breakfast.

A: Machine Flat Press: 10x125, 175x14, 11
    B: Cable Xover Flyes: 40s x20, 15
    C: Cable Free PDs: 40x14, 15
    D: Cable EZ Bar PDs: 40s x17, 13
    E: Free Curls: 25s x18, 12
    F: SLRs - 60secs rest: 8s x20, 17

Dropped the pressing weight down as I'd been going heavier than usual on them so lighter weight but decent reps hit. Xovers were no problems, quick few reps and cheeky pump there. Went lighter on my Free PD work so A) ease the shoulder and B) get better lockout focus, all comfy. Regular PD also pretty respectable. Bicep work felt nice and focussed for a deload and then SLRs were surprisingly easy.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  6. RAD

RAD Elite Member

My 1300 euro Mondeo is a classy bit kit,the photos don't do it justice tbh because I am crap at taking them lol,the place is massive 2.25 hectares so plenty room for the wife's horse's, didn't get any pics of the house as I haven't started working on it yet so they will follow.

I can't believe that this hasn't scared her into quitting I packed in for much less than that.fingers crossed this is the start of more good news for her.

Good session to get done in 30mins you must have been flying through it

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Deload sessions so minimal work and easy recovery especially on the arm stuff.

Until she's told smoking is the cause of something I don't think she will, she does keep saying she knows she'll have to with the effort the treatment will take but we'll see.

That's an awesome amount of land to own. I'd be like a kid... Room for a BMX track

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Early start for one of the hardest deload sessions I do. Problem being, leg press is heavy even when it's light and being early and probably not in the most primed mental state as I know it's a deload, what should be a doddle to rep out suddenly becomes a problem, at least the first set anyway, usually snap out of it after that. Not much else on the cards today tho, took the mrs up to the work which always ends out having to do something work wise as none of the weekend staff have much authority to do things - with great power and all that LOL

A: Leg Press: 10x120, 220x13, 10
    B: Lunges:... minimal rest.... 10s x15 each leg
    C: Belt Calf HEAVY: #22+30s x15, 12
    D: Calf Press LOCKOUT: 110x14, 11

So as I alluded to, after the first set being a bit of a wake up it all went fine, set 2 was smooth, but light on these is never truly light and it always gets me. Lunging with just the 10s, and not being that fatigued was like heaven compared to last week. Belted calf work was simple enough and reps here were fine and finishing off with the press work all relatively unfatigued was a walk in the park.

9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

You never know she might decide to pack them in especially when she talks to the lung clinic about her treatments as I reckon they won't be to happy about her smoking.

BMX track would be awesome lol certainly looking at putting in a fishing lake as there's already a fair sized pond so it wouldn't take much to extend it.

I find the same thing on a deload when I bench press the first set feels bloody heavy lol.

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

They won't be impressed if she doesn't quit but I won't hold my breath

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

A late write up for yesterday's session due to having the grandson and the Mrs being in a savage mood as she was on a 'tobacco' shortage. Hammered the usual session I would split up today in one go as I had a day to play with and giving me today off makes getting the Mrs down for her blood tests a job I can do without creating a rush for myself.

A: Hammer Rows: 12x20s, 40x12, 11
    B: LPD: #12x15, 12
    C: Spider Curls: x8kg, 12.5s x16, 12
    D: Cable Pin Wheel Curls: 20s x17, 13
    E: Single Reverse Tri Ext: 20s x20, 17
    F: DB Forearm Curls: 20s x23, 20

Shoulder (well it runs down the back of my shoulder and tricep sometimes) was a bit twingy today but mobility wasn't exactly bad so rows went well enough and LPDs were surprisingly smooth going. Both pretty easy and repped fine for what I needed. Spider curls were fine and pin wheels, which with 1 pin heavier are usually uncomfortable on the shoulder bracing, were absolutely fine. Tri ext was nicely locked in and then by the time the forearm work was done I'd only just been a bit over 30mins.

12. RAD

RAD Elite Member

You never know she might listen to the medical dudes..... then again lol.

Your shoulder sounds like when mine was kicking off after the crash it was something pressing on the nerve which runs through the blade what a god awful ache that was just glad it only rears its head from time to time now then I blast it with the gun.

When you blasting next? I am debating starting one in a couple of weeks just up the test and chuck some dbol in with it,nice and simple.

13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Got a massage on it today and by also not training it feels quite good. Just ready for me to fvck it up tomorrow.

I'm 8wks cruising now so due my next blast. I'll start getting things together for deca, dbol and test in Feb

14. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Does the massage gun not do anything for it?

I am keeping away from deca I just can't get on with it ,for some reason it ramps up my anxiety and drops my mood drastically just not worth it for me.I do think Mick's suggestion of running dbol alongside it could help but I will wait till I am off here and not stressed to fcuk before I try that.

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

No not really it's either muscles that are too deep, too big or too tight.

I've been fortunate in that I've never had any of those types of issues (no idea how LOL)