Things You've Given Up

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Love Machine, Jul 19, 2020.

1. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Elite Member

Dead on mate well done for how far you’ve come. This time 2 years ago I got into a nasty habit of IV coke. Everyday for weeks on end eating strips of Diaz and drinking vodka to keep me level.

got to the point I could barely lift myself out of bed in the morning if I hadn’t had any. It drained me so much.

blew tens of thousands over 9 month period, lost job, flat etc

never felt an addiction like it, read about it and thought that would never happen to me..

all turned around now though.. a lot of people weren’t sure i Was gonna make it out that hole. I couldn’t see how Mad it all was h til I got clean and looked back.

A lot of my friends sniff Oxy but have never been too clued up on it myself

2. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Agreed buddy i quit after 16 years cold turkey

You have to truly want to give up to give up

Big ian and The Red Meat Kid like this.
  3. AlriteGeezer

AlriteGeezer Elite Member

Glad to hear that you've come out the other side.. Imo the problem with coke these days, is its so socially accepted that its very difficult to see a habit forming... That habit becomes a problem and you still tell yourself... Ah its fine, it's only a couple of bags..

Just out of curiosity, what led you to start IV it?

4. The Red Meat Kid

Long story short I caught up with a friend from my hometown who has worked and lived in Thailand for 10 years.

He is quite partial to a bit of IV meth. He asked if I wanted to party when I was home
    and I was like yeah but I don’t want to ruin my fucking life lol

So we got some coke and neither of actually even enjoy it snorted. So we were going to make it into crack to smoke but he suggested we just mix it up and shoot it like meth.

There was very little info about doing this at the time so we played it by ear with the dose and yeah.. it worked and worked very well

Fucking fantastic and totally different drug when injected but I if I could pick one moment in my life that I could ever take back it was agreeing to do that.

Took a hold of me so quick it was scary dude

5. The Red Meat Kid

One time I couldn’t score coke I thought I’d try heroin.

I shot it after most of a bottle of vodka and a handful of Diaz and overdosed. Luckily
    My partner was with me and got the paramedics called to revive me. She had to give me CPR until they arrived.

il never forgive myself for putting her through that

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

I need to give up shopping online... just bought another a pair of Jordan's... after beer at 10pm at night. Already eyeing up another pair

7. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Jordan junk ball ;-)

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

It wouldn't be so bad if they were a bit cheaper and not copied/faked so prolifically... each purchase in a full on research exercise

9. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

Agreed, my Mrs smoked for years, over a decade easy and tried several times using tablets and patches, titrating off then and always relapsed after a few weeks but then one day out of the blue she was just like “I’m not enjoying it anymore” and just stopped there and then cold turkey, halfway through a pack of twenty. That was about 8 yrs ago, on the odd occasion when other people have been smoking she’s felt the pull again and had a drag of theirs and both times absolutely hated it thankfully lol

mick_the_brick likes this.
  10. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

What actually does OxyContin feel like? Seen plenty of programmes on telly about the addiction issues of them in the USA and the big pharmaceutical business that has been made out of opioid pain killers there.

Must feel awesome as there are so many middle and upper class people over there who have gone to the docs for a bit of back pain, been prescribed oxys(as the doctors were getting kickbacks from the pharma company) and then the next thing they are in the grip of serious addiction.

Bear in mind if you are going to try and explain to me I have pretty much zero drug experience other than gear, alcohol and a couple of times using weed and wasn’t impressed enough to try a third time.

11. Roy@/_

Roy@/_ Elite Member

Glad your making progress.

Lock down hit me hard to, crack for me though.

Doing far better now training and other things are back on the table after full on lock down.

mick_the_brick likes this.
  12. Roy@/_

Roy@/_ Elite Member

Ive quit meat, been veggi for a year.

I think i may have quit cocaine now but as the other lads in here will attest to its really never a forgone, definite, end.

My approach is trying to build a life i actually like and thus dont escape ergo sniff smoke coke.

No iv thankfully.

13. Wildone

Wildone Elite Member

Man I thought I was doing ok knocking the drink on the head. For a month.
    Some real success stories here
    No real intention to give it up full time but last couple of years , (since I had a bit of an injury that still hasn’t healed) I’ve had ‘a few cans’ most nights of the week. More at the weekend because hey it’s the weekend.
    Thought I was doing well getting to the weekend without a drink then remembering that’s how normal people behave, and still don’t drink all weekend.
    Strangely enough I think it’s a carb addiction rather than drink itself. Dropped carbs a month ago and wouldn’t thank you for a pint just now. Knocked back a few nights out as well. Time to get focused, fit and back training.

Grimnir likes this.
  14. freeline

freeline Elite Member

Would love to knock the reccies on the head id do so much better in other areas but truth be told. I just enjoy them that much.

Ronnie_Malenko likes this.
  15. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Same