Wee Problem

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Slight of hand, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Slight of hand

Slight of hand The bed you sleep in....

Over the last year I've noticed significant muscle loss/wastage on my left leg.

My spinal issues are well documented on here. About a year ago I had another spinal relapse, the pain was fucking incredible, I kept telling them it was unlike anything I'd experienced before (I've had 3 operations)

It was different, I've also noticed my coordination is all over the place, joking aside from the other thread my memory is really bad too, I just thought it was down to age.

Anyway, went to doctors, he's worried, put me in for urgent attention as he suspects multiple sclerosis, fuck

Btw for anyone wanting an insight to what Covid has done to waiting times, "urgent" is 14 months wait.

I have private care and even they are swamped, Doc can't see me until April earliest, NHS can't help so everyone digging into their savings.

Expect an epic disaster going forward, lockdowns should NEVER have happened. I moved into immunology last year and all my consultants are starting to see the true horror that now face them, one of my GP just took early retirement because he doesn't want to face it.

The joys...

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Moderator

Fvck mate. That's got to be a bolt out the blue for you. I dont know much about MS but is an early diagnosis a positive things regarding treatment and prognosis

Slight of hand likes this.
  3. The Love Machine

The Love Machine A steroid pumping, food raping machine

All the best mate, hope you get seen quickly and it turns out to be nothing serious

Slight of hand likes this.
  4. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Shit......so you've got to wait till April for a proper diagnosis that's a disgrace tbh.

Wishing you all the best mate hopefully things will be ok

5. mick_the_brick

mick_the_brick Administrator

Hoping for a speedy consultation etc for you buddy.

Joe public doesn't appreciate how far simple electrol procedures have been delayed... (ultra sound / urgent mri scans)

Thats couple steps before even thinking about joining a waiting list for an op

6. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Mate that sounds horrific and scary.

best wishes for you man.

yeah, I completely agree, lockdown is going to cost more lives than it saved in the long term. People are avoiding going for consultations and get diagnosed too late now. Plus we will be financially paying for it the rest of lives.

7. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Shit mate, sincerely hope you get sorted and all's well.

8. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Fuckin hell mate, shit news

hope its as good as it can be

x

9. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Elite Member

Wow that’s heavy mate hope you are doing ok

10. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

Sorry to read about this pal. Not fun at all.

11. tio

tio Something big is coming......

Thats really heartbreaking stuff to read S. Hoping for the best for you thats its not worst case scenario.