Whats The Protein Of Choice These Days?

Discussion in 'Supplement Discussion' started by Irish Beast, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Im a strawberries and cream man!! To be hone tith rgards to proteins Ive only every had one that I foudn trult doisgusting and didn't finish the ftub. Itsa that Body Fortress stufff H&B used to do. Absolutely minging. Had this weird chemical taste
    i can rarely keep them down. Who the fuck in their right mind makes tablets that big!

2. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Replacement mate.

I would stick with the Optimum Nutrition powdered one... Amino Energy.

I just gave away a half tub of those BCAA capsules last week, like trying to swallow chalk!

3. Grimnir

Grimnir The black triangle is God

I use amino energy aswell, good as a pre workout aswell. Just don't go for the coffee flavoured ones they're rank!

4. Big ian

Big ian Elite Member

Mp cheapo whey protein 80% for me with some strawberry or toffee flavdrops for me

5. andyboro

andyboro Fat

I've been using Go nutrition a lot recently too - they do some cracking deals if you keep your eye out.

Irish Beast likes this.
  6. Inz@ne

Inz@ne Elite Member

i actually only drink hemp protein, natural.

7. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

I like protien dyanimx there ny cheesecake is lovely

8. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Is it stupidly expensive or about the same?

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

White choc whey, last batch from BBW as they were cheapest. White choc is a really good flavour for using in other things too to make it taste creamier etc like adding to cottage cheese with some blueberries, or for making a breadpudding with etc

10. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Moderator

Dont think I have ordered from BBW (well apart from the magazine subscription) so might give them a whirl. Just fancy something different. MP is okay but I think I have just got lazy and not shopped around in ages. Used to use Discount supplements a lot until they really pissed me off with an order. Took them 3 weeks to sort out a next day delivery order. No refund. nothing. Just a half baked apology

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I refuse to use MP after having to suffer their customer services dept 3 or 4 times, just not worth the arse ache. I usually go thru BP but BBW came up cheaper this time. Used them a few times and never had a problem

Wildone likes this.
  12. Mobster

Mobster Senior Member

As some will know I've repped for two companies which means I can cherry pick from my allowances. Thus I have a nice back log of DY's TemPro - a high end blend. And, among others, some bog standard BulkPowders 'Pure Whey'. I've argued long and hard to show that there is little or no difference between most 'bulk' type whey proteins. Nine times out of ten you'll see the opinions and views on proteins based on little more than personal preference for how it tastes.

As far as changes the sports supplement protein industry takes it's lead from ice cream flavour development. Thus we've seen Jaffa Cake aka Chocolate Orange, Apple Pie and Cookies in the skimmed milk powder based ice creams as well as seeing the very same 'new' flavours in our protein shakes.

With that in mind I go for a standard WPC in a flavour of choice before anything else. I have here some specialized post workout product (60% protein, vitargo and creatine) as well as BCAA etc. If I was a high level pro bodybuilder I might look at a Hydrolyzed Isolate or protein peptide for my post workout shake. And flavor wouldn't matter.

13. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

yeah i like DYs Tempro, great nutritional profile, might have to treat myself to a tub.

usually always use WPC from TPW.

14. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

I use beef iso.

Don't think it makes fuck all difference personally if tolerance is no issue.

15. Mobster

Mobster Senior Member

I've looked at the way any of the meat based proteins are made and while there's now wrong with the treated product as a protein (profile ok, alternative for, as you say, those with tolerance issues) but it's not for me (and yes that includes BP too). I saw, via RX Muscle's forum I think (might have been MD magazine) that there is now a chicken protein powder (in fact two - I just looked).

The blrub for AkitvLab's product states: ''Chicken protein hydrolysate also contains proline. This amino acid is a major component of collagen, the basic building material of the connective tissue''. Because the method of obtaining the protein comes with the meat fascia and connective tissue there will be collagen in it. I'm guessing that the claim for proline is because it's in there anyway and not in anyway intentionally.