Victim of the week - New Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Beast

Thanks to long term member New Hybrid for agreeing to be interviewed this week. You all know the rules by now but just in case

Been around for a while has this one and given some great advice during this tenure

1) What was your key motivation to take up powerlifting?

2) I think I recall reading that you are natural now, do you intent to stay Natty

3) What are your short and long term lifting goals both in life and the gym?

4) Strangest thing you have ever eaten?

5) What is the most ridiculous thing you have ever bought?

6) Favourite holiday destination if money were no object?

Thanks

HI mate

When did you develop a fetish for heavily tatooed females?

who's your hero?

If you could change jobs what would you be?

Who's your favourite UGM poster and who would you like to meet?

do you think Scotland will go Indy?

Have you found yourself with powerlifting?

What the fuck are you putting in those Flapjacks that's addictive?

Thanks to long term member New Hybrid for agreeing to be interviewed this week. You all know the rules by now but just in case

Been around for a while has this one and given some great advice during this tenure

1) What was your key motivation to take up powerlifting?

i had trained with weights for over 10 years and it suddenly dawned on my in december 2012 that this was fucking stupid! bodybuilding wasnt for me, strongman you need a lot of equipment for but powerlifting i had most stuff for in my garage. so i decided to enter my 1st comp early 2013. love it so kept going. 

2) I think I recall reading that you are natural now, do you intent to stay Natty

well for the foreseeable future yes as we have just started the IVF process. although i compete in non tested feds, purely because its a better atmosphere and i get to use monolifts from time to time.

3) What are your short and long term lifting goals both in life and the gym?

short term i would like a 225kg squat, 150 bench and 240 deadlift. longterm 250kg squat, 175kg bench and 300kg deadlift. 

in life, it would be great to earn enough through highland-nutrition so i could stop being a chef. i've hated it for about 20 years now but find it difficult to escape. mainly due to having little experience in other fields and the drop in wages i would have to take to start something else. become a father and be good at it, the complete opposite of my own father. i think then i could finally let go of my hatred towards him. christ he's been dead over 12 years!

4) Strangest thing you have ever eaten?

crocodile fajitas in Cairns! not great, very elastic meat.  

5) What is the most ridiculous thing you have ever bought?

HGH!

6) Favourite holiday destination if money were no object?

back to the maldives. we've been there twice, second time for our honeymoon. it really is the perfect tropical island destination. 

Thanks

HI mate

When did you develop a fetish for heavily tatooed females?

a few years ago. i am just bored with the current beauty standard!

who's your hero?

Amanda Fucking Palmer of course! her and a woman who lives locally. she runs 2 businesses, cares for her child with learning difficulties and is also involved in local politics. i've already told her she is fast becoming my idol! probably seen me re-posting a lot of her stuff on facebook.

If you could change jobs what would you be?

full-time, successful maker and retailer of healthy high protein foods and supplements.

Who's your favourite UGM poster and who would you like to meet?

homer is a very, very good poster. always answers threads with a full and detailed reply and really knows his stuff.  like to meet? hmm, i really liked alex from athens but he's moved to canada now. oh well, not a bad place to visit again!

do you think Scotland will go Indy?

i think that the feeling by social media and on the ground is rapidly turning towards a yes. however, they have a lot to catch up on. particularly with the no campaigns 'too small, too stupid and, too scared propaganda. 

Have you found yourself with powerlifting?

as far as training is concerned, yes. completely. i will never be a record holder or national champ but i should qualify for the UK champs this year and maybe the europeans next year :)

What the fuck are you putting in those Flapjacks that's addictive?

i think it must be the high quality honey! that and the fact i dont cook them. the cooking process just eliminates a lot of the health benefits. 

Sumo deadlifts, a perfectly reasonable variation of the lift or something only lunatics and deviants partake in?

Who's your favourite powerlifter and why? 

Which of the three lifts do you like best and why? 

You see to dislike your profession, do you still enjoy cooking at home? 

What's the worst holiday destination you have been to? 

How would you like to die? 

Sumo deadlifts, a perfectly reasonable variation of the lift or something only lunatics and deviants partake in?

just started doing them myself mate and doing really well. pulled 200kg on my first sumo session. that was raw and just 17.5kg down on my conventional PB. i actually went to see a strength and conditioning coach through in inverness the other week to see if he thought it was the way forward for me. they very clearly well. picked up quite a lot of knowledge that day :)

Who's your favourite powerlifter and why? 

part of me wants to say andy bolton, just because he is british but really its andrey malanichev. he's just awesome in every department. that recent world record raw squat he hit was mental. he's clearly got another 30-40kg in him, easily. wonder what he lifts in training? he also seems like a genuinely nice guy. saw a recent video of him meeting ed coen and he was just delighted to meet him and give him a hug. so respectful too, telling coen 'you're the champ' and coen replies 'no YOU'RE  the champ now. you're there now.' sums up the sport really.

Which of the three lifts do you like best and why? 

probably squat but i have a problem with it, namely fear. there's just not enough room for my training partner to spot me in my cage, there is at his but it obviously limits the chances i have to squat with a proper spot. i think this is why i always squat more in comps, there's always plenty of good spotters about. that and the comp buzz seems to help me. reason i like it is because i see it as the ultimate test of mind and body strength. it's the perfect analogy for life: getting back up when you are down :)

You see to dislike your profession, do you still enjoy cooking at home? 

na mate, i hardly cook at home now at all. all i do is chuck stuff in the oven from the freezer! most chefs are the same. its like the painter and decorator with the shit tip house of his own. you just cant be fucked with it.  

What's the worst holiday destination you have been to? 

Majorca! went there this time last year and it was a total disaster. most things weren't open at that point, it was freezing, really raw wind, our holiday company went bust so we had to pay for the hotel twice then when we left to come home we got charged 150 euro because my wife had mistakenly put her professional name on the boarding passes she printed out, which didnt tally with the married name on her passport, so that was it, 150 euro to change the name on a boarding pass. at that point i said to my wife 'we are never coming back here' and i never would. 

How would you like to die? 

doing something pioneering, like a manned mission to mars! that would be a pretty majestic way to go it, even if it was from radiation poisoning from the sun, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back