Best Places To Live In Uk?

.Ex wife lives near Oundle... lovely olde worlde place.

Kettering area is great, Corby okish.. a bit rough in parts. Peterborough full of erm... fruit picking migrants.

Used to get train from Hungtindon down to Kings Cross in an hr every so often to meet up with mates from London.

Grantham is a shit hole.

Stamford, Uppingham nice area... full of toffs. ( private schools )

You'd be fucked going to London by road from Stamford etc - A1 and A14 just stop 20 miles south.
If going by train, yeah, it's cool.

That's what motorbikes are for.

My ride takes an hour and ten into the City from Godalming, by car it would take about 4 hours through the stationary traffic!

Superb, thanks mate. Are all of the villages above within the catchment area?

Im not sure about stagsden and Great denham

I know that the rest are plus felmersham and radwell.

My sister got in and lives outside the catchment but plays sports at regional level and perhaps that helped. It's a good school, very affluent catchment comprising of villages that are, I won't say snobby, but generally highish earners more often than not. A lot of her friends parents are business owners. Nice people though!

I stay in greenock (lol) but from Glasgow. Love my city but would like a big house on the outskirts.

Funny seeing Sharnbrook mentioned. I done 2 bridges in Milton Ernest and 1 in Sharnbrook and loved it. Would take the kids there in a minute if I got a good offer down south. the school is excellent there and the boozer (dog with 2 nicks?) Is sound. The local minister is a jock btw.

Ps the bakery/roll shop is amazing!!

All the lads from work go to the bakery in sharnbrook . Just reinforces my point, how many villages these days have enough disposable income to support a bakery!

I can't quite afford what I would like in sharnbrook but if I could it'd be a serious consideration.

.Ex wife lives near Oundle... lovely olde worlde place.

Kettering area is great, Corby okish.. a bit rough in parts. Peterborough full of erm... fruit picking migrants.

Used to get train from Hungtindon down to Kings Cross in an hr every so often to meet up with mates from London.

Grantham is a shit hole.

Stamford, Uppingham nice area... full of toffs. ( private schools )

Oundle is very nice! My mates mrs is originally from there. Kettering is not a bad town really if your single but I think the villages outside like Rothwell are a nicer place to live if you have a family. Corby is not the place to be uprooting your family and moving to. If you grew up there and don't know any different you'd be cool with it but the demographic is poor (that's being polite).

I've just moved from Ayrshire down to Exeter, Devon. To allow the missus to be close to her family, whilst i'm abroad working 6 months of the year, it's only fair.

Fortunately though, I love it down here, great weather (compared to the west coast of Scotland!), loads of nice restaurants, bars, gyms, roads, shops. 1hr back to Scotland on the plane, 2.5 hours into London on the train, 45mins to the Plymouth-Brittany ferry should we fancy an easy weekend away.

I really like it, great part of the country.

Only problem is that it's full of English c*nts.

I've just moved from Ayrshire down to Exeter, Devon. To allow the missus to be close to her family, whilst i'm abroad working 6 months of the year, it's only fair.

Fortunately though, I love it down here, great weather (compared to the west coast of Scotland!), loads of nice restaurants, bars, gyms, roads, shops. 1hr back to Scotland on the plane, 2.5 hours into London on the train, 45mins to the Plymouth-Brittany ferry should we fancy an easy weekend away.

I really like it, great part of the country.

Only problem is that it's full of English c*nts.

Everywhere is full of English cunts mate we should stay in Scotland

North Berwick has a nice sea view and an aldi now

That's what motorbikes are for.

My ride takes an hour and ten into the City from Godalming, by car it would take about 4 hours through the stationary traffic!

Sounds fun in January. :D

No such thing as bad weather mate, just inappropriate clothing!

Getting the train in tomorrow though, going out on the piss after work :)

Torrential downpour a week ago - some poor fuck in a suit riding a moped along the A1.
Didn't even lol - I was genuinely sorry for him.

[QUOT NNZNNAnNzNNNAnJaNnNZNZznNAznZNNNNnNnAnNZNnNnNnBzANZNZnnAnnNNNnñnñE="Lindemann, post: 775922, member: 187"]Happy in Wales. Property and cost of living is cheap. Cardiff is a great city, Swansea iszNNNN decent. Beautiful scenery with the Beacons and some of the nicest coastline in the world with the Gower.

Makes me shudder when I see what house prices are like in the big city. 500k or 1mil would buy you something absolutely incredible here.[/QUOTE]
Znnzz Znnzz nz nz nNZnNAnZznZNNZNnNaann

Back