Has being heavier than average stopped you being able to do stuff?

Just wondering if being heavier than your average person has stopped you being able to do stuff, if so what?

Was meant to be going skydiving soon but it turns out I'm too heavy, gutted!

jump solo...what can go wrong :)

Never had a problem doing anything except the time I did some scuba diving (getting into the wetsuit was a challenge :) - although 15st is probably around average

I've stopped doing any other sports out of choice, but I'd be hard pushed playing Cricket anymore. Running up and bowling at pace weighing over 20st just aint happening :lol: Although I have bowled weighing around 18 stones but in short bursts.

Also boxing would be pretty difficult at this weight. I was 17 stone when boxing, couldn't imagine trying to box at my current weight.

I have done it it year ago

IIRC you can have the round sh1tty parachute up to 14st and the square proffesional one over, not sure about being 17st plus!!

Is it a tandem dive?? as 2 of you, yes might be too heavy
Yeah was gonna do tandem, think you have to be a certain weight because the guy you jump with isn't strong enough PMSL

Yeah have to sit on an old solid chair in the office as I've broke so many of the leather recliner style, I'm not allowed on the cable car thingy at Scarborough with anyone but a small baby as it puts me over the limit, hardly fit any of he rides at Alton towers in fact none of he overhead style harnesses fit me, most public toilets are very tight for me and some cars are a bit tight I fit but they arent very comfortable

Pmsl i'd actually pay to see you sit on a chair and go thru it in a public place tbh.

Movements at higher speeds ( many free running-esque manoeuvres ) are much higher risk of injury than in lighter fellows. ie when one has to use knees for absorbing lots of energy. Breakfalls and rolls become more more important.

Sleep apnoea is a problem as weight goes up too.

I went to a stag do weekend that was packed full of various events such as zip lines and climbing, only to find that the only activities I could participate in was the go carting, and the ethanol consumption, because of my weight. Various rides at amusement parks have been off limits too, either through weight restrictions or more embarrassingly, being unable to get the safety bars to fit into place.

I have also broken two beds during sex - the wooden bits underneath the mattress. On the matter of breakages (whilst not strictly weight related) I broke a tap off, and a toilet flush handle on different occasions in one friends flat (I don't get invited there anymore), and I went right through one of those flimsy internal doors when I stumbled down the last few steps in a house (a post mortem on the door suggested that it was made of a cardboard like boarding though).

too heavy to jump out of a plane...seriously
:lol: They drop all sorts of equipment out of a Hercules. Maybe you need to find a place that will classify you as freight or humanitarian aid.

Not so much the weight but I can't fix my shirt collar without squirming, scratching my back in a doorway as I can't reach is always great for making a knob of yourself as well.

I feel a lot fitter/healthier when I drop a bit of size but my ego struggles to let me :lol:
I concur with all of this. Clothing is a particular problem. Overheating is another for me, and even worse is having to wear a suit which I can handle for about 15-30min without roasting.

Not true, rate of acceleration would be faster for the extra weight but falling speed will be the same :)
Didnt pass your physics exams then eh mate??? PMSL
Newton who????
:lol: @ Newton who?

Although in practice, objects in freefall can reach a terminal velocity, that aside, not only is it incorrect (as pointed out by JW and his buddy Isaac ), it is also internally inconsistent (assuming that the duration the acceleration were applied for was the same) by definition of acceleration wrt velocity.

J

Pmsl i'd actually pay to see you sit on a chair and go thru it in a public place tbh.

I'de pay too, especially if he puts on a full 3 piece suit and enters board meetings at companies he doesn't work for. Turn up apolagises for being late and then plows through a chair, gets up, straightens jacket and leaves.

All I know is grinding down hand rails on rollerblades at 110kg was a lot harder than it is now at 93kg.
Hitting the concrete hurt a lot more at 110kg also!

Back