Ostrain Strongman Log

ostrain

Long time member rare poster. I'm doing Bodypower strongman comp inters on May 17th.
I'm pretty new to strongman having done 3 novice comps so far, the first being June last year. I placed second in the last one so time to move up to the inters. My plan is to do 2 inters then move up to opens this year. Time is not on my side, I'll be 43 by the time Bodypower comes along.

Todays training.

deadlift

4 x 4 @ 195kg

1 x 2 @ 215kg

1 x 2 @ 250kg

A few @ 195kg

Done.

This morning

Log

70kg one motion 5 x 1
80kg strict 2 x 1
90kg strict 2 x 1
100kg strict 1 x 1

Bench

100kg 2 x 6
120 1 x ?
140 2 x a few

Light session today, having 2 days off then next week doing one rep max on squat, press and dead.
This will give me an idea of where I'm at. I'll start a modified 5-3-1 the week after.

I got a brilliant gain from that routine, this may sound like im bullshitting but i promise you im not, but my deadlift went from 240kg to 280kg in 6 weeks.

I got a brilliant gain from that routine, this may sound like im bullshitting but i promise you im not, but my deadlift went from 240kg to 280kg in 6 weeks.

Fantastic result. I'll probably stick with it. I think I'm just trying to talk my way out of it because the last set of 8 reps is bloody hard.
I pulled a 280 in December but eased up over Christmas. If I match it next week I'll carry on with the ortmayer.
Did you deload at all?

No didn't deload, just had the week off deadlift, then went back and carried on from where i left off, only thing i did different is instead of doing 8 dead stop reps on last set i made sure i got at least 10 touch and go reps, but didn't bounce them.

Squats

1 x 100
1 x 120
1 x 140
1 x 160
1 x 180
1 x 200
1 x 220

All nice and deep, not great but moving in the right direction.

Plate loaded squat machine, facing forward.

5 sets, don't know weight, loads of plates.

all the best with the BP watched the strongman there the last 2 years but cant make it this year.

nice lifts also

Just had an email from Bodypower. Due to time constraints the carry and drag has been dropped and it will be 4 events then cut to the top ten.
Suits me, less conditioning work.

Today's session didn't go well, felt drained. Will be adding some "supp's" soon so recovery will be better..

Oly bar clean and press from floor.

1 x 60kg
1 x 70kg
1 x 80kg
1 x 90kg
1 x 100kg
1 x 110kg fail
1 x 110kg fail
1 x 110 kg fail
Was close but just couldn't lock out. This needs improve quickly...

Cgbp

1 x 100kg
1 x 120kg
1 x 140kg
1 x 150kg
Should have done 160 but just knackered...

Tomorrow off, deadlift Friday. Will up the food and hopefully pull 280..

good luck with this buddy im sure youll smash your goals

done a few comps myself so always good to see lads getting involved in the sport

subbed

Back