Debunking: Food = hormones surge for men

Well I wouldn't go that far!
All I would take from it is unless using PED's don't overeat and try and FORCE growth as it wont work:)

What meals of any substance are less than 300 calories though? Lol

Tbh eating less then 300 cals in a meal can easily be done but it would suck. I've become accustomed to eating big meals I love my damn food and i don't think I could fast if I tried... So il take the risk lol.

Of course though trying to force growth with silly amounts of food for natty ain't gonna compute as the body clearly won't utilise it all... Effectively anyway.

Again the point is not to eat less than 300 calories it is simply to get rid of the mind set that a natural athlete gains a huge hormonal advantage by eating far beyond what is needed to maintain and recover.

Interesting, so a calorie surplus for naturals is not nessecary?

No. IMO as natty you should eat in surplus but there Is a vague meaning to that word... Guys will eat a huge surplus of cals that's uneeded and just gain fat. And others can surplus sensibly as in minimal amounts so requirements for training and lifestyle are met and IMO can gain just as well without half the fat.

Simply don't worry about this if your test levels are normal.

Is normal for GH and test to be higher in the between meal phases of the day than after meals because between meals there simply isn't the anti catabolic stimulus of food... so when a person feeds, levels of those hormones naturally go down because they aren't needed for an anti catabolic purpose or to liberate fatty acids from storage to provide energy - food is more anti catabolic and anabolic compared to the slightly elevated levels of those hormones in an unfed state, and provides more energy than lipolysis in an unfed state does...when fed the body becomes anti catabolic and anabolic despite those hormones dropping because food is more anabolic than normal and natural levels of those hormones.

Similar thing where some people make a big deal about not taking a pwo feed becuase such a feed suppresses GH output... yes it does, but the only reason GH is elevated without the feed is because the body is trying to fight catabolism until it gets fed, and there's no anabolic advantage of trying to rely on that GH because it's far less anti catabolic or anabolic than simply eating something.

What Pillion is talking about is basically the processes involved in the simple cycle of muscle homeostasis, is not something to stress unduly about.

Is normal for GH and test to be higher in the between meal phases of the day than after meals because between meals there simply isn't the anti catabolic stimulus of food... so when a person feeds, levels of those hormones naturally go down because they aren't needed for an anti catabolic purpose or to liberate fatty acids from storage to provide energy - food is more anti catabolic and anabolic compared to the slightly elevated levels of those hormones in an unfed state, and provides more energy than lipolysis in an unfed state does...when fed the body becomes anti catabolic and anabolic despite those hormones dropping because food is more anabolic than normal and natural levels of those hormones.

Similar thing where some people make a big deal about not taking a pwo feed becuase such a feed suppresses GH output... yes it does, but the only reason GH is elevated without the feed is because the body is trying to fight catabolism until it gets fed, and there's no anabolic advantage of trying to rely on that GH because it's far less anti catabolic or anabolic than simply eating something.

What Pillion is talking about is basically the processes involved in the simple cycle of muscle homeostasis, is not something to stress unduly about.

Great post.

Shame people don't read into things before posting rubbish

Thank fuck for that, i shall carry on then :lol:

Lol u didn't write it :p

Nope plus like I have mentioned a few times in here:whistling: the point is simply don't overfeed beyond belief thinking you will make great gains that way as a natural. (unless fat counts as great gains in which case carry on!)

Back