• TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Deca Only Cycle.

Did you use any ancillaries mate out of interest?

No mate.
I think I've only ever run ancillaries 3 times. First was with my first Test cycle. Second was a bit of caber with a Deca/Tren cycle and third is right now on a 1.5g Test cycle.
This is the first time I've run high Test for years and it'll bloat me and give me sore nips without a bit of Adex. It's also the reason why I tend to run other compounds without it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not out there flying the flag for cycling without Test. There's got to be something to the stories. But like I said: I reckon to a large degree it's person dependent and in the same vein I'd say if someone wants to run a compound solo, let them get on with it. They'll know soon enough if it's a bad idea.

@Sjundea.
Meh!! Personally I reckon the results weren't much different than if I'd been running half the dose. Maybe slightly better but not that noticeable in my eyes. People do pull me up but tbh I'm one of those people with a self image problem who doesn't see "big" so in all honesty I can only give an opinion. Probably should've measured and weighed myself but once I do that I start to get obsessive and worry if the scales or tape go the wrong way so I tend not to.
Never had any problems with anything on cycle except a bit of high blood pressure which I kept in check with Lisinoprol.

Would I do it again? Yes but then that's simply because I abuse steroids (being serious there) and now I know I can take that much I probably will.

As it says, any actual experience???

Yup, did all sorts of cycles on Deca...and loved it.

Did it on its own, did it with Pronobol-5 from Trinergic in Bombay 50mg ed, did it with Sustanon, did it with Boldenone.

Used yellow/red tops from Organon, did the UGL flat pack in Brown Vials back in the day.

Loved Deca, great steroid. Stacked well with everything, did well on its own. NEVER got ‘Deca Dick’ as it’s called these days.

Is it perfect? No...but what steroid is? ;)

In my early days, when I was 18-21 ish did quite a few deca only and deca with dianabol (deca-pronabol 200 and pronobol 5's direct from p & b labs in India) and don't remember getting any ED?

Does dianabol convert to shy out of interest?

I've done Deca based cycles with no Test (Tren/Mast) and I've done Test only cycles. Here's a write up I did recently you might find useful:

Well I don't want to jump off on the deep end and proclaim it's the best thing ever. It's just a strategy and it has it's pro's and con's. Test and Deca are both great compounds. Since I've had a fair bit of experience now using high Deca and high Test in separate cycles here's my quick bullet-pointed evaluation:

High Test only (1-1.5g)

Pro's

• A sense of well being. A friend described it as "if my whole life was falling apart around me, I'd still be happy!". So yeah you get a good mood. People have described Dbol as a mood enhancer, well with high Test in your blood you get that all the time.
  • A greater libido. Before people misinterpret that, I said *greater*. I didn't say anything else was going to kill your libido. I said Test simply increases it. My theory is that most people just do not have very high sex drives naturally. I know my natty friends my age certainly don't. I think what actually happens is that people go on Test and think "woohoo I can fuck like a stallion" and when they lower Test and perhaps replace it with larger amounts of Deca their sex drive simply normalises. For most people *normal* is fairly low, in comparison to what they feel on Test. Personally I've always had a high sex drive so regardless of compound, and age (and most things apparently) my sex drive has remained as high as when I was in my 20s pretty much. But as I say i'm somewhat of an anomaly between my friends who I discuss this kind of thing with.
  • Superb fat loss. I can't really compare it to high Deca since I was dieting mostly on high Test, but yes Test burns fat and increases metabolic rate. This is a fact.
  • Excellent strength and aggression in the gym.

Con's

• Along with a greater sense of well being, the troughs are also relatively worse. If I get angry at something, relatively speaking it's worse on high Test. I wouldn't say it makes me bad tempered, but emotions are heightened both positively and negatively. Some people enjoy that, I do not.
  • Water retention. I can easily hold 5kg of water simply from high Test.
  • DHT conversion and hair loss, prostate issues. I can't be 100% certain but I suspect high Test did affect my prostate. It certainly did affect my hairline after a while.

High Deca (1-1.8g) alongside some minimal doses of other compounds but no Test.

Pro's

• Compared to high Test, rather than a sense of well being this gives you a greater sense of stability in mood. I'm far more *flat* during the day. Which again is personal preference. I prefer this feeling, it suits my personality and natural moods. I still laugh and joke plenty, but i'm probably a little more calculated when I need to be.
  • A stable libido. Again in comparison to high Test, this boils down to personal preference. I'm horny when Mrs. JC is about but other than that I don't find myself looking at Insta-Butts all day. I prefer this more stable feeling.
  • Excellent strength in the gym.
  • Zero water retention and zero effect on the hairline and prostate.

Con's

• You don't get the increased libido or the increased aggression in the gym.

So there you go. I hope someone finds this useful, because it took long enough to type! But that's my experience from over this last 12-18 months.

Edit - I also have some experience of moderate amounts of both Test and Deca (500 each). But that's probably something I'll experiment with more later in the year.

I haven't covered actual muscle gains, because running 1-2g of either is going to net you some goddamn gains whether you like it or not. Muscle can only build at a finite rate, and if you're taking *high* anything you're pretty covered. This post was just supposed to be about individual response in regards to QoL.

Well lads that's the deca dick myth busted clean out the water buy all these posts saying that it doesn't happen,

May look into a deca cycle next year

Just read through this entire thread, annnd I suppose I was right about deca dick to begin with,

Ah well it's a shame cos I suffer bad on test, gyno and hairloss if I even look at a vial of sust so was hoping for a sides free cycle :sad:

Most people who did deca alone probably didn’t do deca alone would be the take away point mate.

Using test for months then doing ten week on deca only isn’t really deca alone is it, or deca + ancillaries.

Feel free to try it yourself but deca dick is a thing due to nandrolones suppression of natural test which means no DHT. If you’re full of exogenous test from your previous runs it probably won’t be an issue, if you’re using a dht like var or winny it won’t be an issue.

Go from being natural to deca alone and tell me how it feels a few weeks into it.

So in that sense I suppose it is individual, depends what you’ve been doing prior and what else you add in.

Deca and winny would be my choice in your boots, I’d add 50mg prop twice a week as well.

You cant argue with basic human biology but fuck me, some will

Yeah you'll need an androgenic component to the cycle. I used Mast/Tren but really anything like Mast, Dbol or Winny will do.

I dropped the Mast/Tren later for Primo and it left me lethargic.

I've done Deca based cycles with no Test (Tren/Mast) and I've done Test only cycles. Here's a write up I did recently you might find useful:

Well I don't want to jump off on the deep end and proclaim it's the best thing ever. It's just a strategy and it has it's pro's and con's. Test and Deca are both great compounds. Since I've had a fair bit of experience now using high Deca and high Test in separate cycles here's my quick bullet-pointed evaluation:

High Test only (1-1.5g)

Pro's

• A sense of well being. A friend described it as "if my whole life was falling apart around me, I'd still be happy!". So yeah you get a good mood. People have described Dbol as a mood enhancer, well with high Test in your blood you get that all the time.
  • A greater libido. Before people misinterpret that, I said *greater*. I didn't say anything else was going to kill your libido. I said Test simply increases it. My theory is that most people just do not have very high sex drives naturally. I know my natty friends my age certainly don't. I think what actually happens is that people go on Test and think "woohoo I can fuck like a stallion" and when they lower Test and perhaps replace it with larger amounts of Deca their sex drive simply normalises. For most people *normal* is fairly low, in comparison to what they feel on Test. Personally I've always had a high sex drive so regardless of compound, and age (and most things apparently) my sex drive has remained as high as when I was in my 20s pretty much. But as I say i'm somewhat of an anomaly between my friends who I discuss this kind of thing with.
  • Superb fat loss. I can't really compare it to high Deca since I was dieting mostly on high Test, but yes Test burns fat and increases metabolic rate. This is a fact.
  • Excellent strength and aggression in the gym.

Con's

• Along with a greater sense of well being, the troughs are also relatively worse. If I get angry at something, relatively speaking it's worse on high Test. I wouldn't say it makes me bad tempered, but emotions are heightened both positively and negatively. Some people enjoy that, I do not.
  • Water retention. I can easily hold 5kg of water simply from high Test.
  • DHT conversion and hair loss, prostate issues. I can't be 100% certain but I suspect high Test did affect my prostate. It certainly did affect my hairline after a while.

High Deca (1-1.8g) alongside some minimal doses of other compounds but no Test.

Pro's

• Compared to high Test, rather than a sense of well being this gives you a greater sense of stability in mood. I'm far more *flat* during the day. Which again is personal preference. I prefer this feeling, it suits my personality and natural moods. I still laugh and joke plenty, but i'm probably a little more calculated when I need to be.
  • A stable libido. Again in comparison to high Test, this boils down to personal preference. I'm horny when Mrs. JC is about but other than that I don't find myself looking at Insta-Butts all day. I prefer this more stable feeling.
  • Excellent strength in the gym.
  • Zero water retention and zero effect on the hairline and prostate.

Con's

• You don't get the increased libido or the increased aggression in the gym.

So there you go. I hope someone finds this useful, because it took long enough to type! But that's my experience from over this last 12-18 months.

Edit - I also have some experience of moderate amounts of both Test and Deca (500 each). But that's probably something I'll experiment with more later in the year.

I haven't covered actual muscle gains, because running 1-2g of either is going to net you some goddamn gains whether you like it or not. Muscle can only build at a finite rate, and if you're taking *high* anything you're pretty covered. This post was just supposed to be about individual response in regards to QoL.

Great advice that [emoji106]

I read something a while back that suggested the sexual function issue when using 19-Nors was related to prolactin.
That period after you've had sex when you have no sexual desire at all is because of a huge rise in prolactin after ejaculation
So it makes sense to me that deca dick is down to this also
That's why everything is great for the first few weeks until prolactin gets too high. Not everybody suffers prolactin issues so not everybody gets the side effects.

I read something a while back that suggested the sexual function issue when using 19-Nors was related to prolactin.
That period after you've had sex when you have no sexual desire at all is because of a huge rise in prolactin after ejaculation
So it makes sense to me that deca dick is down to this also
That's why everything is great for the first few weeks until prolactin gets too high. Not everybody suffers prolactin issues so not everybody gets the side effects.

That's the theory I was working with too, so I took caber/prami throughout.

The lack of androgenicity threw me towards the end when I subbed out Tren/Mast for Primo though. I didn't expect the lethargy to hit so bad. So I definitely think an androgenic component would be idea.

So let's put this down, a reasonable cycle might be:

Deca 600 as a base
Mast 200 for the androgenic component

Or

Deca 600
Mast alternated with Winny or Dbol every 4 weeks

With each of these options you have an estrogenic component, a DHT component and obviously a heavy anabolic component. No different to running a Test base really.

You could add in Tren, but bulking with Tren is perhaps not the best idea (not because it isn't good, but because you might end up on it all year round if you're using it to cut as well).

It's just a different strategy, I'd always recommend high Test first and only when that doesn't work look for other options like being discussed here.

Back