How Much Should I Eat?(protein And Muscle Growth)

Add protein to my diet?

• Eat more ...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 210 grams on 91 kg is enough protein!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Hello guys,
I just came back to the lifting after a while 3.5 years off.
Im coming back in shape.(I used to run meanwhile 10km+,3-4 times a week)
My stats are:
height:1.79 cm (wich is around 5"10.5)
weight:91-92 kg (203-+ lbs),around 21.5% body fat.
So after building my meal plan:
I want to get 210 gram's of protein.Now I know that for some of you It may be on the lower spectrum,Tell me what you think.
NOTE: calculated All of the protein's in my meals(oatmeal,sweet potato etc),wich means I get only 160 grams/per day of animal sourced protein.
(Is 160gm of animal based enough (?))
320-330 grams of carbs.Complex only.(oatmeal,backwheat,qinua...etc)
And around 92-95 grams of fat daily (From protein's and carb sources).
Now I think that 21.5% body fat probably means I can try to burn fat and build muscle at the same time.just eat enough protein and make a little gap between my regular calorie intake.
My weight maintaince calorie calculator saying its just around 2959 calories, I am planning to eat 2800 .
I think 210 grams may be a little low,but since I just month in,I thought It should be enough,I planned to go with this diet and see what happensfor about 2-3 month's,when maybe update it and add 25-40 grams of protein,and lowering fat and carb at the same time (same daily calorie).
I will appreciate Your comments on this diet and plan,any advice is welcomed (just with positive attitude)

Do what you’ve got planned here and stick to it 100% consistently for a good 4-6 weeks while monitoring your weight and look. You could get a tonne of input to the above but it’s best to just real world it at the start and adjust things when you have some data to work off. For Example your carbs are high for me but others cut on way more or a calorie calc shows I burn on average 3500 per day with my activity level but I gain weight at 3000.

Its really notable how my body had changed in just one month of lifting (looks and strength).
I think that the advice about monitoring my diet from the 'real world' and not just by the books,
Sound like the real key in the diet (And the dieting topic in general).
Thank's!
Do what you’ve got planned here and stick to it 100% consistently for a good 4-6 weeks while monitoring your weight and look. You could get a tonne of input to the above but it’s best to just real world it at the start and adjust things when you have some data to work off. For Example your carbs are high for me but others cut on way more or a calorie calc shows I burn on average 3500 per day with my activity level but I gain weight at 3000.

Only really a small change, but I wouldn't personally count the proteins from oats and sweet potatoes etc, I'd only count protein from direct sources i.e animal sources, protein powders etc.

Either way I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as you pick one method and stay consistent with it... Good luck

What's your training looking like?

Only really a small change, but I wouldn't personally count the proteins from oats and sweet potatoes etc, I'd only count protein from direct sources i.e animal sources, protein powders etc.

Either way I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as you pick one method and stay consistent with it... Good luck

I really inclined to think like you do on this one.
After I had some reaserch,I really didnt found any useful solid information (Sience backed 100%) on this topic (plant protein).
The thing that do reasonable to me (due to the 9 9 essential amino acids),Is that animal based protein is practically irreplaceable in this sport.
But anyway check what this guy is saying (making some sense):

Well I am directed towerds training 5-6 times a week,
So Its probably hiting every big body part (back,legs,chest and shoulders) 1-2 times a week (probably back and legs 2 times or back and something else,still didnt figure it out),and all the small ones between them. Basically a thumb rule that went to my head (that i heard from an ex ifbb pro),give every trained muscle group enough time to rest(could be 24-72 hours),and NEVER train a sored muscle.
I try to train for 8-12 reps 3-4 sets of any exercise.(the lowest i do is 6-7)
For now I go 4-5 times a week trying to focus on the bigger muscle groups like chest
bench:3-4 set(chest)
Incline bench:3-4 sets(upper chest)
incline down bench:3-4 set (lower chest)
than do some biceps same routine 3-4 set 2-3 exercise and If I have some time probablly will add calves or forearms.(I dont do a strict training programm with fixed exercises )
And,If you have some more ideas or info on protein I will be more than glad to hear it.

A person who frequently lifts weights or is preparing for a race or other physical activity should consume between 1.2 and 1.7 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day, or between 0.5 and 0.8 grams per pound of body weight, to help build muscle.
The latest figure is 0.82g per lb of bodyweight.

Back