is this right for me?

Hello, a mate of mine whos in pretty good shape has given me his nutrition plan to follow but I'm unsure if its right for me, any advice would be appreciated

I'm 6'5", weight is 132Kg, i dont know my body fat %

my goal is to get down to around 90Kg ish.

the Plan

Breakfast - 3 whole eggs (anyform) and a 2 fists of Vegetables

Snack - Medium sized fruit or 200g Berries

Lunch - 250G of lean meat (been mixing between mince and chicken) can have whitefish with either a big salad or 2 handfulls of Veg, 200G of Sweet potato, Quinoa, wholegrain rice or a wholemeal wrap, 25G of nuts or half an avacado

Snack - same as previous plus 25g of 70%+ Dark Chocolate

Evening meal - same as Lunch

After meal - 1.5 scoops of Protein with unsweetened Almond milk and 2 biscuits

total works out to be 2492Cal ( 203p 249c 81f)

i workout 6 days a week for a minumum of 1 hour each session.

Thank you

Mooch

I only see 180g of direct protein here and even less if you’re eating beef or fish.

The calories are different depending on protein sources for your 2 actual meals by as much as 150 and your protein total and fat total will be out as they’re not equal sources at the same weight. Same is true with avocado and nuts on all macros.

I’d remove the biscuits and add some lean bacon or Heck chicken Sausages to breakfast.

I’d probably drop the berries to 100g and add in a shake at least with them and a few nuts or peanut butter if it’s a convenience thing otherwise I’d just eat a proper meal. Obviously you’d then adjust everything else to stay at 2500 cals if that’s your goal.

I’m guessing your mate isn’t the same size as you and doesn’t want to or need to lose 42kg so his diet is a maintenance one so no it’s probably not right for you. Will it work? Well I’d hope if you’re that size and that active it would create a calorie deficit so yeah you’d lose weight. But the question will be is it too large a deficit and will you stick to it for 6 months+ to hit your goals or will you start leaving bits out to lose more faster and end up in a binge and fast cycle.

The best diet is the one you can stick to 99% of the time and learn to adjust for life’s events so you don’t miss out on social activities

Back